Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Heads for 2001 FLTRSEI  (Read 7306 times)

Bgpig

Heads for 2001 FLTRSEI
« on: April 16, 2005, 03:02:05 PM »

I just picked up have a 2001 Screaming Eagle RG.  Couple of questions,

First, Did this bike come out of the factory with with SE 203 cams? Or a cam other than the one that is stock on a TC?  

Second, being ignorant of the MM fuel injection set up, can I add heads to this bike for a little more ummphh?  I would like to add more torque over the whole rpm range.  I have a set of the SE heads on my 95" Fatboy, and would like the same results.

I want to do this without having to dump a bunch of money into it?  The bike only has 2200 miles on it and the only thing I have done to it is the SE stage 1 and Bassani slip ons.  

Third question, what would it entail to convert this motor to the Delphi Fuel injection?  Bunch of Money and Time?  Is it more trouble than it is worth?

Thanks,
Tom
2001 Fatboy
2001 Screamin' Glide

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
Re: Heads for 2001 FLTRSEI
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 01:12:47 AM »

bgpig    203 cams was factory                   otis
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

mfgreen

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 01:31:59 AM »

I just picked up have a 2001 Screaming Eagle RG.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 03:51:48 PM »

MFG

Not sure how to interpret your response.
Were these changes that you made on the bike that was wrecked? If I'm wrong I'm sorry but I was thinking you had an 03 SERK. 03 SERK's are all 103's I thought.
Your response is like you have a bike there with you now and you plan to get those 4 more horses once you do the final tuning. You said, this bike easily competes with many more built bikes because it is properly tuned. That statement is one of the present tense not a statement of a bike previous owned.

I believe in truth in advertising so I pose the next request to be
[smiley=worthless.gif]
Would like to see the dyno run to back this up!
Please!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 04:06:14 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

mfgreen

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 04:09:58 PM »

MFG

Not sure how to interpret your response.
Were these changes that you made on the bike that was wrecked? If I'm wrong I'm sorry but I was thinking you had an 03 SERK. 03 SERK's are all 103's I thought.
Your response is like you have a bike there with you now and you plan to get those 4 more horses once you do the final tuning. You said, this bike easily competes with many more built bikes because it was properly tuned. That statement is one of the present tense not a statement of a bike previous owned.

I believe in truth in advertising so I pose the next request to be
 [smiley=worthless.gif]
Would like to see the dyno run to back this up!
Please!
Nope Chip,

Changes made to a SERG that a friend of mine currently owns.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 04:13:38 PM by mfgreen »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 04:59:42 PM »

Mike

"YES"
I doubted you.
I truly feel that we ALL have a certain responsibility to the readers of this great site to present FACTS as factual as possible for posting.
"YES"
I doubted you.
The response you gave Bgpig was one that appeared to be on your bike that was just done. You said "I expect 4 more horses after final tuning", well hell the dyno results you gave were from June 03. There has been a whole boatload of advances since that date but you present your response as if it was today or yesterday.

I'm not sure what the "crows wings with hot sauce" bullchit is about but I know there are lots of people like me that read and study what people say on this website and then make their choices. The presentation of information posing as facts (even two year old facts) is wrong when it's presented as first party information. What I mean is that after you take a position of authority that this is what they need to do to make more horsepower, at least tell everyone the facts you are presenting are yours, a friends, a client or whatever.

In my garage I have 2 sets of cylinders, a power commander for the old style fuel injection, Millium cylinders, couple set of heads, DFO's, Samson mufflers, screaming eagle mufflers, a stainless steel set of headers and thousands of dollars worth of parts people have recommended in the past. In my post(s) I try to only make representation as to what has worked (and not worked) for me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 05:01:10 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

mfgreen

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 07:37:46 PM »

Would it at any creedence to your argument that I wrenched for a while on that bike during that time.  Would it help your critique that I was there for the dyno runs that helped determine the correct exhaust.   Show me the better technology for an "00-01 SERG.  You do not have it and the information that I gave is solid.  The design for the H-D 95" motor is yesterdays news.  That is why you have yesterday's news.

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 03:26:03 AM »

WHEW !!! FUNNY HOW A SIMPLE QUESTION CAN START A $HIT STORM [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 06:44:01 AM by booboosboss »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 06:49:01 AM »

Good post BooBoosBoss!

The key to your info is your words of

"On my 01 I've installed"

That's the best recomendation!

Like you I have made changes to mine and havn't dynoed it.

It's that seat of the pants increase in excitement that I like!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 07:04:42 AM »

MFG

I have thought about  my response to your last post.

Then I realized it doesn't matter.

All I have asked of you is that when you present "facts" please make sure that the real source of those "facts" is  given credit. Credibility is just like respect, it needs to be earned.

Hope the healing process is going well.
Where was the place or dealership that you had your accident?

Also when were you going to send those pins for the CVO rally?

mfgreen

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 08:38:41 AM »

MFG

I have thought about

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 11:40:39 AM »

My point exactly Chip,
Who gets Credit? OK Mike my responses are shown with ****    (**** The person that paid the price for this work is the only one that has the right to speak first hand ****)

The owner or any     (****or all the wrenches***now your story changes again, you said "I did all the engine assembly****)     on the bike or just who? Harley Davidson?
The PowerCommander? The designer of the baseline map?

I was there helped in the assemblage of parts and that in combination produced a motor with those results.  Many people turned wrenches on that motor  The question was out there I fielded it and you and others are questioning credit?    (****Leave everyone else out Mike, this is me and you,,, and yes I'm questioning credit when your post presents facts as if they are current and you created them***)      The answer becomes unclear and garbled and off topic with your question.  Is that your point, to make a mockery of something I was proud of and had firsthand knowledge of,    (****your the one who has made a mockery of your own post by trying to take credit for the results you posted****)     or was it just to add another comment to prove some semblance of superiority?

Chiming in in a judgemental comment doesn't help the situation.  What exctly have you contributed to the technical question that was asked here?  Admittedly, Candy,     (**** leave her out of this, if you want to play this stupid game out, just involve me and leave her alone****)      you are not mechanically inclined, however I am certain that your abilities to glean firsthand knowledge from the ownership of any bike will provide great insight to this question posed in this thread.  Yet, you have not proffered any of this and seem to be posting way off topic here.  Possibly, with the .02 added times two, the owner of this SERG can now afford to buy the parts to make a duplicate of this motor and get similar results to fulfill the answer to this question.     (****Mike what really needs to happen is for "your Friend" to post the two year old results of his motor and give credit to everyone that's due for the combination to acheive the results that you have taken credit for****)

****Will that happen, I hope so, but really doubt it.****

****In summary, I apologize to this site for my above comments that seem out of topic.
Reporting facts as facts is extremly important to me. I hope that we all realize that the information we report on this site is subject to being used by anyone. With the authority of presenting the facts also come the responsibility of presenting them truthfully! ****

Chip  

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:44:03 AM by hd2003-se2005 »

mfgreen

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 11:54:37 AM »

So as a "builder" you are not really a builder, and in most cases it would be the financial institution that put out the money?  That is an interesting perspective, Chip.  The guy that owns the bike works as an engineer at H-D.  It has been recommended that he not post on this site for reasons of job security.  If one is to post comments about your off topic comments and have not contributed to what is on topic I think that my opinion of their post is warranted.  The motor has taken many different, forms during it's transformation to this point.  One of the contributors to it is BC Gerolamy for porting the heads and the throttle body.  Another is the guy that mined the ore, another is the guy that smelted it.........and on and on.  You certainly like to take a simple answer, Chip, and turn it into a Babylon.  We are here to share technical info that can be proven and it has absolutely no bearing at all on the outcome of the results if this combination works or not because that would take away your opportunity to to do some trash talking, Chip.  I know that you are doing to do your best to stay on topic with this, or are you?

Mike [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:57:26 AM by mfgreen »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 12:20:42 PM »

OK Mike you win!

Presentation of someone else's facts as if they were yours to present makes the presenter a liar.
And that is exactly what you do over and over again on this site.
You have no clue as to who you are costing money or hurting!  And as  I have learned, you don't really care as long it gets your post count up and our members to think you are supremely knowledgeable in your posting  of "the facts"

As I said above "you win" but count on the "fact" that I will  request back-up when you post second hand information as facts that you generate!

I think that is only fair to this site!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:14:33 AM by hd2003-se2005 »

mfgreen

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 12:24:10 PM »

See ya

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 12:36:50 PM »

Looks like Mikey's flipped out again. [smiley=rolleyes4.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 02:11:15 PM »

Looks like Mikey's flipped out again. [smiley=rolleyes4.gif]

Oh boy.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

You know what, I've got ya'll beat.  My 04 RG is bone stock other than pipes, a DFO and an a/c kit. I bet it's putting out AT LEAST 50 ponies!!!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] And it'll run circles around everything else you got...even while towing my SEEG down the road!!!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

We've hit an all-time level of nutty here... just thought I'd add some more  [smiley=laugh.gif]

[smiley=clown.gif] [smiley=clown.gif] [smiley=clown.gif] me ---->[smiley=dizzy.gif]

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 02:34:18 PM »

YOU MEAN THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE 103 ? MAYBE THERE'S SOMETHING ELSE WRONG WITH MFG .....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:35:04 PM by booboosboss »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 03:26:31 PM »

YOU MEAN THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE 103 ? MAYBE THERE'S SOMETHING ELSE WRONG WITH MFG .....

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 03:54:32 PM »

Good response TwoLane

Your right, I'm dropping it

Bet JCZ is gonna be really pissed as far as I have been off topic in this thread.

As far as heads for your R/G ask Otis about his R/G.  His 95" whips 120" anytime!

Or so sayeth the owner of the 120.

ER UH

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 05:01:39 PM »

Good response TwoLane

Your right, I'm dropping it

Bet JCZ is gonna be really pissed as far as I have been off topic in this thread.

As far as heads for your R/G ask Otis about his R/G.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 05:21:25 PM »

Otis
Where are you????

Have I been confused all this time?
Tell me it's not so!
Didn't you outrun the "BIG MOTOR"?

[smiley=nervous.gif] I may have to regroup! [smiley=nervous.gif] O'chit!

But I love the competition!
And I love this site!
Should be a fun rally in the valley!

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 06:35:41 PM »

OHHH GOD !!! GUYS BGPIG IS GONNA THINK WE'RE A BUNCH OF NUT JOBS !!! HEY BG COME BACK N PLAY !!!  HERE BG BG BG BG !!! HEREEEEEE BG ..... DAMN  ! HE'S GONE ... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 08:06:21 PM »

Am I correct in saying that I saw a past post that JCZ wanted to see the Road Glide forum to pick up?          Otis

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 08:20:22 PM »

Am I correct in saying that I saw a past post that JCZ wanted to see the Road Glide forum to pick up?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 10:24:16 PM »

Oh boy.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 10:27:11 PM »

OHHH GOD !!! GUYS BGPIG IS GONNA THINK WE'RE A BUNCH OF NUT JOBS !!! HEY BG COME BACK N PLAY !!!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 10:38:25 PM »

Otis
Where are you????

Have I been confused all this time?
Tell me it's not so!
Didn't you outrun the "BIG MOTOR"?

[smiley=nervous.gif] I may have to regroup! [smiley=nervous.gif] O'chit!

But I love the competition!
And I love this site!
Should be a fun rally in the valley!

[smiley=oops.gif]SEND LAWYERS, GUNS AND MONEY!!  THE CHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!!  hd2003's New Theme Song, by WARREN ZEVON! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  I am laffin' my a$$ off!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

Bgpig

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 10:58:04 PM »

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I wasn't real clear if the FLTRSEI came with cams or not.  It also sounds like I can put heads on it maybe with some type of PC or Race Tuner.  

One last question, if I add a PC or Race Tuner, do I still need to have the ECM flashed with some type of HD program.  Last question, I swear.....  Well maybe not.

Tom
2001 Fatboy
2001 Screamin' Glide

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 11:34:50 PM »

YES, HD2003, HUB  [smiley=rifle.gif] GOT ME THE LAST TIME, BUT IT IS ONLY
       TEMPORARY!

OTIS

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2005, 01:10:47 AM »

HEY HUBBARD , BGPIG IS THE GUY WHO STARTED THIS CRAZY THREAD [smiley=mad.gif] ....

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2005, 01:33:41 AM »

HEY TOM !!! GLAD TO SEE THAT WE DIDN'T SCARE YOU AWAY .....  WE'VE ALL TAKEN OUR MEDS AND WE ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER NOW ....... BACK TO YOUR QUESTION ,,,,  IF YOU ARE GONNA USE AN AFTER MARKET EFI TUNER SUCH AS THE POWER COMMANDER III YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GET A FLASH FROM A HD DEALER ..... ALSO THE 203 CAMS , THOUGH MILD , SEEM TO DO A DECIENT JOB ....  THE ONLY THING I WOULD DO DIFFERENT IS TO HAVE INSTALLED COMPRESSION RELEASES ON THE HEADS , JUST TO SAVE A LITTLE WEAR N TEAR ON THE STARTER .... [smiley=smash.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2005, 06:32:41 AM »

YES, HD2003, HUB  [smiley=rifle.gif] GOT ME THE LAST TIME, BUT IT IS ONLY
        TEMPORARY!

OTIS

OTIS

I'm keeping the faith!
I guess every once in a while it's only fair to let "Tater" win!

That's what friends are for.
Sounds like "Tater" has some good ones. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2005, 07:57:38 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Officer, Sir,

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2005, 09:07:34 AM »

Thanks to everyone who replied.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2005, 10:13:06 AM »

GOOD POINT 103 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.