Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: alarm  (Read 1536 times)

TR6

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
alarm
« on: May 27, 2005, 10:56:32 AM »

Hello I just bought my 2000 FLTRSEI and I just can't wait to ride this great bike.  I have a question about alarming this bike.  It did not come with a factory alarm and I was wondering what the best course of action would be to insure that my bike stays mine.  Thanks in advance, the site is great!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: alarm
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »

Hello I just bought my 2000 FLTRSEI and I just can't wait to ride this great bike.  I have a question about alarming this bike.  It did not come with a factory alarm and I was wondering what the best course of action would be to insure that my bike stays mine.  Thanks in advance, the site is great!!!

TR6, just for full disclosure I've gotta say that what I'm going say may not apply to the Road Glide.  But I'm assuming that it would.

I had a 2000 Road King (another touring model).  You could add the factory alarm to the 2000 touring bikes but it was a bigger chore than the later year models.  The later year models had the alarm harness already on the bike (or most of it) and all you basically had to do was plug in parts.

On the 2000 we needed the same alarm parts kits as everyone else along with an "installation kit" that was the harness, lean sensor and some other parts to add install first.  So it was more of a chore.  I'm pretty sure I remember spending about four hours installing that whole thing in the Road King.

Ok, here's more.  I still had the accessory parts list I maintained on that Road King in case it was ever needed for insurance.  Just checked the parts numbers on the HD site and they're still active and correct for your Road Glide.  If there's no alarm system on the bike the part numbers you'll need are:

68200-00C for the alarm hardware kit itself
68314-01 for the installation kit for 2000 models

There's also a siren kit (aka, "Audible Alarm Kit" or "Smart Siren Kit" depending on which advertising you see) you can add in as well.  For that you'd want 68317-01A.  The siren isn't required to make the system work; only to give it an audible alarm.

At one of the 20% off places like Hale's the first two part numbers should be about $215 and $52 respectively.  Didn't notice the price on the siren.

TR6

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 11:57:53 AM »

Twolanerider, Thanks a lot for the information.  I know that there are many people on this site with quite a wealth of information to offer.  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 12:05:48 PM »

Twolanerider, Thanks a lot for the information.  I know that there are many people on this site with quite a wealth of information to offer.  

No problem TR.  When you get to doing the install on the harness if you've got a question don't hesitate to drop a PM.  I'll send you the phone number and we can see how much of it I remember from the Road King.

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.