Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Annoying Squeal/Squeak  (Read 1942 times)

bluesei2

• HD4me
Annoying Squeal/Squeak
« on: June 11, 2005, 06:37:10 PM »

My FLTRSEI2 has an annoying squeal/squeak in traffic that sounds much like a brake calipher dragging.  If I apply light pressure on the front brake it stops.  Called the dealer and it is going in to be checked out but the technician warned that this is a common problem and that they deal with '05s every day that doing the same thing - guess that was supposed to make me feel better   [smiley=confused5.gif]

Had anybody dealt with this and solved it?  Thanks in advance for sharing your ideas.

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
Re: Annoying Squeal/Squeak
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:59:13 PM »

I haven't had that problem. My friend had a 04 road king that did it the day he picked it up. It took alot of bitchin, but they finally replaced the calipers, and the pads and that solved the problem. Did this problem just start? How may miles?

bluesei2

• HD4me
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 02:34:08 PM »

Yes it just started (or at least I think it just started) but come to think of it, since I've only had it a few months, this was the first time I have been in stop and go traffic.  It has 17k miles on it.  Can't imagine the caliphers are going bad already but ?????

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »

Calipers, Pads AND rotors I failed to type. This took at least 3 months of rasing a stink and calling the harley hot line...  I had a brake caliper leak on me with less than 5k on the bike and they put a repair kit in it and I rode it home (like 30 miles) and it was leaking when I got home. So I call the dealer and tell them to come get it. Guy shows up and mind you I am a new customer, and he asks me what the problem is and I tell him about the warranty work on the caliper and I say " YOU FU#*&ING think they could test drive the bikes, for Christs sakes its the brakes"  So I help him load it up in the trailer and we are talking and I ask him what he does down there, and his reply is "I'm the owner" oops....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 09:32:22 PM by tony1968 »

bluesei2

• HD4me
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 10:14:08 AM »

Thanks Tony for the feedback.  The dealer told me 2005 bikes are doing the same thing but somehow that didn't make me feel any better.  My appointment at the dealership is next week.  Guess I'll give them a shot and hope for the best.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.