Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD ride planner  (Read 786 times)

Glenncarp

HD ride planner
« on: May 01, 2020, 06:17:48 PM »

Have to say, played with the HD ride planner more today and I am quite impressed. Drag route is easy, options include: avoid highways, tunnels, unpaved roads,ferries and tolls. "Show on map" includes: Dealers events, scenic spots, gas stations restaurants and hotels.

Best part is no transfer to USB stick and the awkward import needed to get to route on the bike.

You create and save route on the HD web page https://maps.harley-davidson.com/ and open app on your phone, it syncs almost immediately.

The on the HD app, click on the helmet at bottom and your rides show up there. You can either use the phone to follow route or there is a neat function and as long as your phone is paired to the bike via Bluetooth, there is an option on the app to "send to bike", start up bike and you will get notification that there was a new ride to import and would you like to? Once ride is imported  there she is on your routes in the GPS.

An FYI, you can use the HD app to search and find anything popular: hotels, cities, streets cigar shops, then you can also choose the same route options on your phone and it creates the route that can be sent to the bike. The only thing you can't do on the phone is drag the route to change it.

To date no BS with GPS freezing or not following planned route.

Have to say, this is pretty forward thinking and technology for HD

Maybe I am late to the party for information, Anyone else used this to date? FYI, think it only work on bikes 2019 and later with GTS system.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:20:15 PM by Glenncarp »

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
Re: HD ride planner
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 07:18:34 PM »

Have to say, played with the HD ride planner more today and I am quite impressed. Drag route is easy, options include: avoid highways, tunnels, unpaved roads,ferries and tolls. "Show on map" includes: Dealers events, scenic spots, gas stations restaurants and hotels.

Best part is no transfer to USB stick and the awkward import needed to get to route on the bike.

You create and save route on the HD web page https://maps.harley-davidson.com/ and open app on your phone, it syncs almost immediately.

The on the HD app, click on the helmet at bottom and your rides show up there. You can either use the phone to follow route or there is a neat function and as long as your phone is paired to the bike via Bluetooth, there is an option on the app to "send to bike", start up bike and you will get notification that there was a new ride to import and would you like to? Once ride is imported  there she is on your routes in the GPS.

An FYI, you can use the HD app to search and find anything popular: hotels, cities, streets cigar shops, then you can also choose the same route options on your phone and it creates the route that can be sent to the bike. The only thing you can't do on the phone is drag the route to change it.

To date no BS with GPS freezing or not following planned route.

Have to say, this is pretty forward thinking and technology for HD

Maybe I am late to the party for information, Anyone else used this to date? FYI, think it only work on bikes 2019 and later with GTS system.

I agree with how well the Ride Planner integrates with the new GTS system using the HD app. When the GTS was first released in the 19 MY I started creating routes and importing them as you have described. Using the Ride Planner you can drag the route and shape it how you want and  the GTS navigation follows it exactly as planned. I was very impressed at how easy it is to create the routes in Ride Planner now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 02:19:15 AM »

Follow up: used the ride planner this weekend and noticed 2 times the next turn was stuck after reaching it. Simple workaround is going to the maneuver list and skipping the stuck turn way point. Wish we didn't have to find "Workarounds" for expensive bikes but suck is the life of an HD owner.

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 06:24:26 AM »

Follow up: used the ride planner this weekend and noticed 2 times the next turn was stuck after reaching it. Simple workaround is going to the maneuver list and skipping the stuck turn way point. Wish we didn't have to find "Workarounds" for expensive bikes but suck is the life of an HD owner.
Mine occasionally does the same thing but it resets itself once you go past the next via/waypoint.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »

....but suck is the life of an HD owner.

hah, freudian slip?   :bananarock:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Glenncarp

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 08:53:59 AM »

hah, freudian slip?   :bananarock:

Lol, saw that this AM, decided to leave it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 06:09:14 AM »

One thing to using the route planner, if you want it to follow exact roads you want and not route you out to bigger roads you need to use lots of way points.  The closer your way points are to center of road the more likely it will clear it once past it also.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.