Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sony XAV-AX7000 plug & play bundle - earlier touring models  (Read 475 times)

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE

Has anyone installed the Sony XAV-AX7000 on their earlier touring model (’99-’13) bike? I’ve been looking at the Fat Head Cycles bundle which includes an inner fairing to hold the larger audio display, the Sony unit, 6.5” speakers and various wiring harnesses.

https://fatheadcycles.com/collections/harley-davidson-audio-bundles/products/sony-xav-ax7000-rockford-fairing-speaker-plug-play-bundle-w-metra-95-hdif-inner-fairing-99-13

Just curing to see others experience on their CVOs regarding loss of functionality (handlebar controls - if any), the need for an amp, ease of install… anything really.

Thanks in advance!
-Joe

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Sony XAV-AX7000 plug & play bundle - earlier touring models
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »

I have not done that install.  There are kits to make about any radio work with the handlebar controls though so that would not be a foremost concern for me.  I'd verify but would expect it to be a question with a solution.

I've done the radio things.  Making things work that weren't supposed to work together.  Sometimes just because no one had yet or was told it couldn't be done.  Then I just never play the radio much when on the bike.  Tunes aren't the noise I want to hear when I'm riding.  Having said that if I still had an Electra Glide that kit might tempt me.  Just to have all the nav and other integrated functions right there in front of me.  Assuming the radio package is something that would survive the vibration and weather environments that are part and parcel of a motorcycle installation that kit might tempt me.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 10:13:14 PM »

Kiro just had his M8 CVO limited done there. I know you mentioned older models but He may be able to offer some insight as to how it all went for His transaction.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 10:39:16 AM »

Thanks everyone... really want to pull the trigger on this but still on the fence... company is insisting I install the Rockford amp and harnesses ($650+) though the Sony unit has onboard 4 channel amp. My CVO only has 2 speakers and I'm not looking to install more anytime soon/if at all.
-Joe

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.