Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aux switches  (Read 593 times)

mrgrumble

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

Aux switches
« on: May 26, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »

Hi, looking for direction on utilizing the aux switches on the fairing.  Searched Harley site and see nothing for a 2019 FLHXSE.  The part I would have thought would work is 71400129 but it specifically says does not fit CVO.  Thanks in advance!

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
Re: Aux switches
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 04:50:19 PM »

Does your bike already have the switches installed?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 04:59:48 PM »

They had a kit that included two aux switches and the necessary wiring for the 2014 - 2016 models, in 2017 they changed some things and that kit was no longer plug and play.  The kit you mentioned is for the 2017 and later bikes as best I remember, but it is not plug and play on a CVO.  Harley never makes this stuff easy, but if you're pretty handy and know your way around electrical manuals and wiring diagrams, you could make it work.  Search for threads on this same subject, I know I've read and commented on several over the past few years.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mrgrumble

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 05:00:57 PM »

Left side is all blanks.  Right side has the bag lock and unlock.  Looking to do something on left side where I believe it feeds to the aux connection in the side panel.  That's what I read any way.

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 11:08:19 PM »

Is there a switch body with an electrical under the blanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »

There is supposed to be a switch body under the left side blanks according to the parts book, it's easy to check to see if it is there and connected to a wiring harness.  Two screws is all that holds that dash panel in place.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »

As GRC points out the switch locations, you merely unscrew the two fasteners on each side of the inner trim piece and disconnect the two wiring connectors, fiddle with the panel and it should come out. If its to tight merely loosen the gas tank and pull it back a few inches and it come right out.

For my street Glide I only needed to replace #16 or #19 part number 69200172, so I took out the two screws for the blank and srewed in the new switch assembly, for the 2016 Street Glide it is a pug and play as the wiring harness is already in the fairing. After reinstalling trim piece, turned on the ignition activated the switch and the Auxiliary lights work.

geezerglide

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.