Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Nolan N102 NCOM w/bluetooth and wireless intercom.......  (Read 16526 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Nolan N102 NCOM w/bluetooth and wireless intercom.......
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 08:50:21 PM »

By the way, if anyone gets interested in Bluetooth connectivity in a lid that doesn't have this kind of capability built in to it here is one place that offers several options:

www.airrider.com

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »

Thanks for all this great info.  I have plenty of homework to do now.   :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 06:45:49 AM »

Thanks for all this great info.  I have plenty of homework to do now.   :2vrolijk_21:

So what did you end up with Roger? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 11:08:15 PM »

Got the latest issue of American Rider in the mail today.  They have an article about the Nolan N-Com with bluetooth.  Their review is pretty much what mine is.......the best thing going for wireless intercom coupled with stereo and phone. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »

This thread covers the Nolan N-102 with wireless intercom and bluetooth pretty well. 

Thought I'd let everybody know that....Jim (hd-dude) has officially become a Nolan dealer. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 10:27:59 PM »

This thread covers the Nolan N-102 with wireless intercom and bluetooth pretty well. 

Thought I'd let everybody know that....Jim (hd-dude) has officially become a Nolan dealer. :2vrolijk_21:

EXCELLENT!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »

does anyone have input on how well the intercom works? Distance? and is it confirmed that you need to repair each time you switch between devices? i.e. phone, GPS, intercom?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 11:52:04 PM »

does anyone have input on how well the intercom works? Distance? and is it confirmed that you need to repair each time you switch between devices? i.e. phone, GPS, intercom?

The N-Com module does mate to only one device at a time.  If will automatically reattach to whatever device it is paired to if the pair of devices are so set up.  Wanting to pair to a different device does mean taking it through the process again.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 12:30:31 AM »

The intercom works excellent. For pairing you can have it set up to another NCOM and a blue tooth device at the same time. There is no need to repair when you switch from intercom to phone use.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »

The intercom works excellent. For pairing you can have it set up to another NCOM and a blue tooth device at the same time. There is no need to repair when you switch from intercom to phone use.
[/quote

(Jim hd-dude )set Bandanagirl's and mine up and we rode to Sedona the distance was about a quarter to half a mile with no problem, but it has to be a clear shot, if a truck or we went around a mountain and lost site of each other we lost connection.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 02:19:59 AM »

Jim, there would be if it was two N-Com bluetooth modules paired together as a wireless intercom.  They would each be the other's single pairing.  Perhaps I was mistaken but I thought that was the configuration the question was addressing.  As the question also asked about switching between any devices re-pairing would also be necessary there. 

Unless the N-Com bluetooth modules have been upgraded since I got mine a couple of years ago they only pair to one device at time.  And that's the only device they can seek.  If they can still only pair to one device at a time then wireless intercom to another N-Com bluetooth module would be the device's only pair.  To then reconnect back to a phone, GPS or other device would require going through the pairing process again.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 09:40:22 AM »

So the way it sounds. I can pair to another Ncom intercom, and pair to another device, say a phone, and 'switch' between them 'easily'.. without need of going through a pairing routine? That would work for me. Also i believe the Ncom is Stereo,, is this correct?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »

So the way it sounds. I can pair to another Ncom intercom, and pair to another device, say a phone, and 'switch' between them 'easily'.. without need of going through a pairing routine? That would work for me. Also i believe the Ncom is Stereo,, is this correct?

Correct, you can pair to another ncom AND a phone or other device at the same time. They are not stereo.

If you get a call while the two helmets are connected via blue tooth intercom you answer the phone by pressing the On button briefly. When the call is completed hang up by pressing the on button for 2 seconds then press the up button to reconnect intercom mode.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 10:37:52 AM »

Jim, there would be if it was two N-Com bluetooth modules paired together as a wireless intercom.  They would each be the other's single pairing.  Perhaps I was mistaken but I thought that was the configuration the question was addressing.  As the question also asked about switching between any devices re-pairing would also be necessary there. 

Unless the N-Com bluetooth modules have been upgraded since I got mine a couple of years ago they only pair to one device at time.  And that's the only device they can seek.  If they can still only pair to one device at a time then wireless intercom to another N-Com bluetooth module would be the device's only pair.  To then reconnect back to a phone, GPS or other device would require going through the pairing process again.

Don, see reply #27.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 11:10:32 AM »

Don, see reply #27.

Interesting.  That's a significant difference from mine.  It will pair to one device at a time; period.  Doesn't matter whether it's another N-Com bluetooth module or some other bluetooth device; just one pairing at a time.  Both in practice and in documentation it works that way.

Being able to pair to two bluetooth devices without having to go through the pairing process would be a real convenience.  Mine was from their very early production.  Well before they were ever released here in the states.  May have to consider an upgrade....  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.