Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Nolan N102 NCOM w/bluetooth and wireless intercom.......  (Read 16527 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Nolan N102 NCOM w/bluetooth and wireless intercom.......
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »

Correct, you can pair to another ncom AND a phone or other device at the same time. They are not stereo.

If you get a call while the two helmets are connected via blue tooth intercom you answer the phone by pressing the On button briefly. When the call is completed hang up by pressing the on button for 2 seconds then press the up button to reconnect intercom mode.

got it,, thanks a bunch..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »

Jim, very much appreciate the info.  Mine has worked so well I'd not checked on a upgrade path.  Glad to hear the devices have gotten more capable.  Now wonder how long it will be before this thread costs me $$$ too ::) ?

hogasm

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »

Mine works great...just wish I could get the volume a tad bit higher........has nothing to do with my bike being loud either :coolblue:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 07:54:45 PM »

Interesting.....ours can go  almost too loud.

We've sure got spoiled with them.  I took my 14 year old grandaughter to Hollister last weekend and forgot to take the chargers for the helmets.  When they went dead, I'm so used to them that I tried several times to answer my phone in the helmet or talk to my grandaughter.  I just kept forgetting that they weren't on....

Amazing, the things that we can't live without, once we get used to them.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 08:05:43 PM »

Mine works great...just wish I could get the volume a tad bit higher........has nothing to do with my bike being loud either :coolblue:

I cured this issue on another system by making sure that the speaker in the helmet is right where my ear is. Originally it was placed a bit higher and I also wondered why at speed I can not hear much.

Now its too loud at maximum volume so I use some average settings. Try playing with location of your speaker.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »

Interesting.....ours can go  almost too loud.

We've sure got spoiled with them.  I took my 14 year old grandaughter to Hollister last weekend and forgot to take the chargers for the helmets.  When they went dead, I'm so used to them that I tried several times to answer my phone in the helmet or talk to my grandaughter.  I just kept forgetting that they weren't on....

Amazing, the things that we can't live without, once we get used to them.

So you missed, 'are we there yet', or 'i gotta go to the bathroom'  ;D

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »

I cured this issue on another system by making sure that the speaker in the helmet is right where my ear is. Originally it was placed a bit higher and I also wondered why at speed I can not hear much.

Now its too loud at maximum volume so I use some average settings. Try playing with location of your speaker.

I'll try that...Thanks :2vrolijk_21:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 02:04:50 AM »

I've got a question... Sting is trying to sell his Nolan w/ BT. My several questions are: now that my HD BT module has stopped working and there is no foreseeable replacement, what do I do? I like all of the functions of the HD unit: cell phone, stereo, intercom, and CB radio. The CB is great when riding in a group (if Chuck leaves his Tour Pak on  ;D). Being wired is not that much of a problem. Linda is using a half helmet w/ the stock headset installed. She has all of the functionality that I do. Is there another way to achieve this same functions without buying an obsolete HD part (BT Module)? If I buy Sting's helmet for Linda does that necessitate me purchasing another 'system' for my existing helmet? Again, I'd like keep the CB radio and all of the functions I already have.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 10:46:32 AM »

I've got a question... Sting is trying to sell his Nolan w/ BT. My several questions are: now that my HD BT module has stopped working and there is no foreseeable replacement, what do I do? I like all of the functions of the HD unit: cell phone, stereo, intercom, and CB radio. The CB is great when riding in a group (if Chuck leaves his Tour Pak on  ;D). Being wired is not that much of a problem. Linda is using a half helmet w/ the stock headset installed. She has all of the functionality that I do. Is there another way to achieve this same functions without buying an obsolete HD part (BT Module)? If I buy Sting's helmet for Linda does that necessitate me purchasing another 'system' for my existing helmet? Again, I'd like keep the CB radio and all of the functions I already have.

Hard10,

Curious what range you get with your CB? I haven't tried mine but was always wondering if it is a mere toy or does it 'really' work? Going through the manual is driving me nuts to.. I hope it is easier to operate then what manual implies.

hogasm

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »

Hard10,

Curious what range you get with your CB? I haven't tried mine but was always wondering if it is a mere toy or does it 'really' work? Going through the manual is driving me nuts to.. I hope it is easier to operate then what manual implies.

I can tell you that in 03 while heading to  Milwaukee, there was a huge wreck in Chicago. We used the CB to talk to truckers that had gone through there and found an alternative route around the wreck.

Probably a couple of miles range.....but it was enough

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 12:01:11 AM »

I can tell you that in 03 while heading to  Milwaukee, there was a huge wreck in Chicago. We used the CB to talk to truckers that had gone through there and found an alternative route around the wreck.

Probably a couple of miles range.....but it was enough

Im getting ready to play with the CB. Just finished reading the FM on the darn thing. Also ordered a Nolan N42, wtih bluetooth and other goodies. I should have never ventered to this thread.. There goes my seat budget.. For now anyway..

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 12:08:27 AM »

Hard10,

I guess Brian said it best: a couple of miles, but that's all I ever need. I mostly use it when group riding. It's nice to know where the last rider is (right Jorge?  ;D (it's usually MJZ but he doesn't have a radio ;D)) Operation is pretty straight forward. Select a channel and use the PTT button on the handle bar. It automatically goes back to the radio (music) when there is no noise. Noise can be controlled by the squelch also on the thumb control.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 11:32:33 PM »

J&M has a neat bluetooth communicator that works through a Garmin 550. From what I've read, you still maintain the factory harness, headsets and all functionality. The ticker you have to perform a toggle when you get a call or send a call and this may not be so much of a pain. I understand quality is excellent but thats a salesman making a pitch. Have any of you looked at this. Hard10 this may work for you. From what i have read in attached manual. i think i like it... Anyone have any hands-on input for this.. see attached pdf..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.