Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems Hardwiring AUX Input On The Back Of The Stereo  (Read 3158 times)

Trainwreck

Problems Hardwiring AUX Input On The Back Of The Stereo
« on: January 08, 2013, 02:23:36 AM »

:oops:Happy New Year!  This is my first post.  Regarding the subject title I followed instructions originated by HD-Dude I believe.  Anyway, got it all done and plugged the radio in.  I can select the AUX without anything plugged into the front or back inputs.  I can listen to music, etc. with the headphones via my Garmin 660. However, there is no sound from any other speakers. Same with XM, FM, AM, CB.  I would really appreciate any help or advice you could provide.  It has got me a little concerned at this point.  Thanks Much. Trainwreck

UAV Pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUSE3
Re: Problems Hardwiring AUX Input On The Back Of The Stereo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 07:56:23 AM »

As simple as it sounds, make sure you selected the speaker output from your accessory switch panel below the ignition switch. If you pulled the main fuse while doing the work, it may have defaulted back to speakers off selected.
If that is not the case, I would re-examine the connectors on the back of the radio and ensure they are fully seated and locked.
Better to Remain Silent and Thought a Fool, Than To Open One's Mouth and Remove All Doubt......Abraham Lincoln

Trainwreck

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:37:32 AM »

Thanks for the help.  How do the speakers revert to off.  The radio switch on the nacelle is in the correct position.  I get everything just great thru my headset but when I switch to speakers, nothing.

Trainwreck

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30:15 AM »

:oops:Happy New Year!  This is my first post.  Regarding the subject title I followed instructions originated by HD-Dude I believe.  Anyway, got it all done and plugged the radio in.  I can select the AUX without anything plugged into the front or back inputs.  I can listen to music, etc. with the headphones via my Garmin 660. However, there is no sound from any other speakers. Same with XM, FM, AM, CB.  I would really appreciate any help or advice you could provide.  It has got me a little concerned at this point.  Thanks Much. Trainwreck

If you use the trace cut method, you may have gone too deep and shorted one of the inter-layer circuits.

Trainwreck

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »

Yikes, now what?

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 06:43:08 AM »

Unfortunately, the radio will need to be repaired

Trainwreck

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:08:46 PM »

Ok. That will solve this problem I created. I will now send the radio to Iron Cross for repair.

Trainwreck

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 07:14:17 PM »

Howdy everyone. I just want to let you all know I found the problem with my install.  The faceplate was not on secure enough.  Tightened it up and everything now works exactly the way it should.  Thanks for you input. WHEW

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »

????

Glad it's working.
But have to say, we've been working on these radios since 05 and have never seen a faceplate cause an audio issue.

Trainwreck

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »

>:(hey thanks Iron Cross. I will be gettin ready for trips this year so want everything working right. I think I'll send the radio to you to check it over. Thanks!

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.