CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

'14-'18 Bikes can now be upgraded to the BOOM GTS radio

(1/24) > >>

Heatwave:
Harley now lists the BOOM GTS (76000829a) as being an upgrade audio system for the older Rushmores that came with the older BOOM GT radios. It used to be necessary to install the $400 Soundz module to upgrade the GT to the GTS BOOM. According to the Harley Parts catalog, the new BOOM GTS system with Carplay can now be upgraded to any Rushmore bike with just the upgrade of the USB Connector P/N 69200031A.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...08-76000829a-1

There's a different GTS BOOM part # for the Roadglides 76000834A

During Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the HD website had the pricing for the BOOM GTS lowered to $1520. Unfortunately that discount pricing has now ended and is back to the "expensive" price of $1900. Although it is available at Surdyke for $1694  http://www.surdyke.com/Search.aspx

Kclarke:
So all you have to do is change out the radio? The xm,gps, cb, communications all work with this?

Heatwave:

--- Quote from: Kclarke on December 15, 2019, 04:18:43 PM ---So all you have to do is change out the radio? The xm,gps, cb, communications all work with this?

--- End quote ---

That's the plan. I'll be able to confirm when I do the install next week and then have it flashed by my local dealer.

Kclarke:
Sweet.   Let us know how it came out. 

Bobs14Limited:

--- Quote from: Kclarke on December 15, 2019, 04:18:43 PM ---So all you have to do is change out the radio? The xm,gps, cb, communications all work with this?

--- End quote ---

Harley shows a different XM Radio Module kit for the 2019-2020 models that had the GTS system. I don't know if the module is actually different, but I see it comes with a different mounting bracket for the XM antenna.
I'd hate to hear of someone installing the old module into the new GTS head unit and short out the new GTS head unit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version