CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Boom Update to 1.22 not taking on 2017 CVO limited

(1/2) > >>

hawg02:
Hello, I have done a search without much luck.....

My radio started clipping ( cutting out every few seconds) I cannot find any shorts or ground issues. My scooter is a 2017 CVO limited. Talked to my dealer and he stated there was a new Boom 6.5 CVO flash. I followed the instructions - download to computer, unpack to USB, plug into bike, hold milage trip for accessory access. What happens is that the page for upgrading comes up asking YES or NO for upgrade......here is the problem, the YES is grayed out and I cannot select, I can select the NO.

Ive tried multiple ways.....power bike on an then plug in USB, plug in USB then power on, Hold trip meter for short periods, long periods, restated with different sequences with no luck.
Called HD Boom and they had no answers other than take it to dealer, said I was doing all. Called Dealer and we walked thru - no help.

Hoping someone can shed some light and Im missing something simple, as Im 3 hours from nearest dealer.

Also, I have erased the 30 GB  USB and formatted and reloaded several times..... no changes

17 StreetGlide CVO:
It's possible you have the most recent upgrade. Did you check which version is loaded.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

cvosjoe:

--- Quote from: 17 StreetGlide CVO on September 18, 2020, 09:30:35 PM ---It's possible you have the most recent upgrade. Did you check which version is loaded.

--- End quote ---
x2

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

17 StreetGlide CVO:
I checked mine, latest version is 1.22.02. I have a 17 CVO also.

hawg02:
Yes the version loaded is 1.20 and the new version is 1.22. the version is 6.5 GT _ CVO.

seems odd, I have downloaded from Boom site and unzipped multiple times with same situation. It seems it should be so simple, but Im obviously missing something

One thing I haven't tried is loading the 6.5GT premium and see if it takes, Im not sure what bells and whistles the CVO version has over the premium.

Thanks for yawls help, a little flustered here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version