Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Limits for our Ultras?  (Read 4690 times)

Bagger

Re: Limits for our Ultras?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2006, 06:19:43 PM »

Thbanks Bagger. I actually didn't spend very much on the modifications at all.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned about the monetary outlay, however greenbacks aren't the major concern.  I don't want to lose any functionality when I put my tour pak back on, and as I understand it, the amp and umbilical must come off to facilitate a removable tour pak.  I'd like to be able to easily reinstall my amp, and keep CB functionality regardless of whether the tour pak is on or off.
Then there is the matter of time................If I have time, I'd rather spend it riding as opposed to customizing. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 06:23:04 PM »

I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned about the monetary outlay, however greenbacks aren't the major concern.  I don't want to lose any functionality when I put my tour pak back on, and as I understand it, the amp and umbilical must come off to facilitate a removable tour pak.  I'd like to be able to easily reinstall my amp, and keep CB functionality regardless of whether the tour pak is on or off.
Then there is the matter of time................If I have time, I'd rather spend it riding as opposed to customizing. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Well, I decided I don't care about the CB radio, so I disconnected the antennae. The radio antennae is mounted in the fairing. The amp is mounted in the saddlebag. I suppose it takes a little room but to me it's worth it. I didn't want to loose any of the power of the amp neither as I and my wife both like the tunes. I hired my dealer to do it, and I was shocked the labor bill was only a couple of hundred bucks.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Bagger

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 06:42:11 PM »

Well, I decided I don't care about the CB radio, so I disconnected the antennae. The radio antennae is mounted in the fairing. The amp is mounted in the saddlebag. I suppose it takes a little room but to me it's worth it. I didn't want to loose any of the power of the amp neither as I and my wife both like the tunes. I hired my dealer to do it, and I was shocked the labor bill was only a couple of hundred bucks.

That's why I'm thinking about just leaving things as is on my SEUC and looking for a nice 04 or 05 SEEG so I'll have something to romp around on when Renea doesn't want to ride.  I had a detachable tour pak on my 02 Ultra, and man taking that tour pak off made one hell of a difference in driveability.  It was so easy to swap around too.  No amp.  No effect to CB.  I dunno what I'm gonna do.  Needless to say, I want my cake and I want to eat it too.  Looks like I'll soon be in the market for another scoot to add to my stable.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 01:20:01 AM »

Red Devil. Nice Bike! I read that you added a race tuner and an AC. What is an AC? Air Cleaner? did the race tuner add more Hmmmmf to your machine? The 110 has quite a bit as it is, but, I know a lot of HP could be gained by some moifications. Any idea where to start on that? I only changed the pipes to V&H. I couldn't tell any difference except the extra noise.

HB,
Yes, I went with the SERT, SE Air Cleaner, V&H duals and Ovals, "right out of the box".  I never drove the bike with the stock header pipes or mufflers.  All I know is that the 110 with the SERT map 84 in it right now, hauls A$$.  The torque at 2000 rpm and above is stump pulling.  Was it that way stock?  I couldn't tell you... [smiley=nixweiss.gif].  I'm taking it in Tuesday to get the 1K done and get it dyno'd, so I don't know if I'll see any noticeable difference.  I guess the print-out will tell me.   ;)  As far as where to start with yours, I guess determine what's more important to you, better low end torque/power, or high end torque/power.  And after reading a lot of posts here on the different setups, the choice are almost endless, but it seems that if you want lower end go with stock, two-into-one, or dual non-stepped head pipes.  If you want the higher end, go with the stepped (i.e., Rhinehart or Bassani) head pipes.  There are plenty of posts in this forum, along with plenty of people that will give you free (and good) advice on what they have done and what works for them.  Good luck on whatever you decide to do.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 10:14:05 AM »

Red Devil,

Good luck on the dyno Tuesday and be sure to get the new map on a backup disk!

Cheers,

Mark

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »

Red Devil,

Good luck on the dyno Tuesday and be sure to [highlight]get the new map on a backup disk[/highlight]!

I was very specific about that with the dealer and I'll remind them of that when I take the bike down on Tuesday.  They told me no problem giving me a copy of the map.  I hope not...I paid for it.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I'm anxious to see what this set-up will dyno out to.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 02:10:24 PM »

I was very specific about that with the dealer and I'll remind them of that when I take the bike down on Tuesday.  They told me no problem giving me a copy of the map.  I hope not...I paid for it.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I'm anxious to see what this set-up will dyno out to.
Red

Hey Red, Are they going to let you stay there while they're Dyno-tuning? To me, it's an interesting process that I'm looking forward to "being involved with". Just a little anyway. Enough to know what he's doing, why and how. Just curious whether you'll be there or just giving it to them to do. ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »

HB,
Yes, I went with the SERT, SE Air Cleaner, V&H duals and Ovals, "right out of the box".  I never drove the bike with the stock header pipes or mufflers.  All I know is that the 110 with the SERT map 84 in it right now, hauls A$$.  The torque at 2000 rpm and above is stump pulling.  Was it that way stock?  I couldn't tell you... [smiley=nixweiss.gif].  I'm taking it in Tuesday to get the 1K done and get it dyno'd, so I don't know if I'll see any noticeable difference.  I guess the print-out will tell me.   ;)  As far as where to start with yours, I guess determine what's more important to you, better low end torque/power, or high end torque/power.  And after reading a lot of posts here on the different setups, the choice are almost endless, but it seems that if you want lower end go with stock, two-into-one, or dual non-stepped head pipes.  If you want the higher end, go with the stepped (i.e., Rhinehart or Bassani) head pipes.  There are plenty of posts in this forum, along with plenty of people that will give you free (and good) advice on what they have done and what works for them.  Good luck on whatever you decide to do.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Red

Red, I went with the exact same package, but have not been able to drive it yet the verify the HAUL A$$ part. I look forward to seeing your results.
JD

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »

Hey Red, Are they going to let you stay there while they're Dyno-tuning? To me, it's an interesting process that I'm looking forward to "being involved with". Just a little anyway. Enough to know what he's doing, why and how. Just curious whether you'll be there or just giving it to them to do. ;) Hoist!  8-)
Hoist,
Unfortunately, I'm giving it to them to do.  I'd like to see it, but not sure when they're going to do it.  They said it would take about 3-4 hours to do the 1 K and then another 3-4 hours to dyno it.  So I'm dropping it off around noon Tuesday and picking it back up sometime Wednesday afternoon.  I tried to pin them down when they were going to do the dyno, but they couldn't be exact.  I suppose I could have them call me when they're getting ready to put it in the booth, and I could catch some of it.  We'll see what happens.
Red
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:16:58 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »

I have done that! And the only reservation that I had, WAS : IS THERE A PLACE TO TURN AROUND @THE TOP????

I'm new to this message board and just started yesterday. This past spring I had an 05 black Ultra and we planned a trip to Townsend TN (Smoky Mountains). My wife and I left a day early. We got to townsend just before dark. We had directions to the cabin where we were staying which was only a couple of miles out of town. When we got there, I was shocked to see a hill that looked like Mount Mckinley! YIKES! We need a 4 WD drive to get up that hill! There was no way I was leaving my bike at the booom of the hill by the side of the road. There was no way I was wealking up that hill! I stopped and checked the situation out closely before deciding to git-r-done. It was a good 1/4 mile up the hill to the cabin. Not only did the Utlra do it, It did so remarkably well! We enjoyed ourselfs so much we did it again in September. By this time I'd traded the 05 for this 07 Ultra Classic CVO Screaming Eagle. It also pulled up the jeep trail! Happy 4-wheeeling on 2 wheels!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 03:32:08 AM »

I'm new to this message board and just started yesterday. This past spring I had an 05 black Ultra and we planned a trip to Townsend TN (Smoky Mountains). My wife and I left a day early. We got to townsend just before dark. We had directions to the cabin where we were staying which was only a couple of miles out of town. When we got there, I was shocked to see a hill that looked like Mount Mckinley! YIKES! We need a 4 WD drive to get up that hill! There was no way I was leaving my bike at the booom of the hill by the side of the road. There was no way I was wealking up that hill! I stopped and checked the situation out closely before deciding to git-r-done. It was a good 1/4 mile up the hill to the cabin. Not only did the Utlra do it, It did so remarkably well! We enjoyed ourselfs so much we did it again in September. By this time I'd traded the 05 for this 07 Ultra Classic CVO Screaming Eagle. It also pulled up the jeep trail! Happy 4-wheeeling on 2 wheels!

Hey Ken, taken the V-Rod or the SERG hill climbing yet?  :drink:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 05:36:12 AM »

Hey Ken, taken the V-Rod or the SERG hill climbing yet?  :drink:

Never taken a CVO Hillclimbing. It's on my list of things to do before I die though.  ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2008, 11:21:54 AM »

Never taken a CVO Hillclimbing. It's on my list of things to do before I die though.  ;D

Ok man, when it happens remember the rule though:

:worthless: :worthless:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 08:15:17 PM »

Man time flies, I couldn't believe the date on the thread when I got here.

We did some light dirt ridin' this spring when we went deep into the woods on a route laid out by a none Harley rider.

The guy on the BMW GS ate it up though.  We made it just fine as well.  About 25 Harley's.

REGGAB

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 05:52:51 AM »

WOW.......this is old.  Someone definitely has entirely too much time on their hands to be diggin' up bones like this.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Not to sure about hill climbing.  Stump pulling, maybe.   :huepfenjump3:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 24 queries.