Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)  (Read 100224 times)

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8

Done!!!  Bought the correct module and did it.  Only difference was my 13 wanted the 2 black wires swapped and not the 2 purples.  And of course the flashers don't work on the TP but when I have the brakes on, the right TP side does flash and the left side flashes sometimes.  Probably if someone would play with swapping more wires that the flashers would work.  Not Me.  That connector kicked my butt.

Delta

• Full CVO Member
Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS (parts list and instructions)
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2014, 05:25:58 PM »

I did this mod about 3 weeks ago. All was working fine. Today I noticed that my left turn signal would blink for 3 times then stop. When using the brake light, the left side had about a 1 or 2 second delay before returning to low intensity. Checked all the connections, seemed fine. I'm wondering if the relay is bad. I can hear it clicking with the right turn signal, couple of weak clicks with the left signal. Of course I can't return an electrical part, already asked. Is there anything else to check. I'd hate to throw another $50 or $60 away if that's not the problem.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2014, 07:21:37 PM »

I did this mod about 3 weeks ago. All was working fine. Today I noticed that my left turn signal would blink for 3 times then stop. When using the brake light, the left side had about a 1 or 2 second delay before returning to low intensity. Checked all the connections, seemed fine. I'm wondering if the relay is bad. I can hear it clicking with the right turn signal, couple of weak clicks with the left signal. Of course I can't return an electrical part, already asked. Is there anything else to check. I'd hate to throw another $50 or $60 away if that's not the problem.
If it's just the tourpak lights acting up I would suspect the module. Maybe ask again about a replacement from HD since yours appears faulty and there really should be some type of warranty on parts from the manufacturer.  I know that you can't return electrical or special orders if you order the wrong part or decide you no longer want it, but that is not the case here.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2014, 07:47:58 PM »

I asked about returning it as it was faulty. I didn't expect a return and the dealer didn't give me one. Maybe I should rephrase my request, but this time to the parts manager. The worst he can say is no. Hope this isn't a problem with only the red bikes, and not the blue.

UPDATE: Spoke with the parts manager today and he ordered me another module. No loss to the dealership as it is a new part covered by their warranty. Guess I should have made sure the parts counter understood my initial request. Nice to have a good dealer in my area.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:50:31 PM by Delta »

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2014, 03:36:50 PM »

Picked up the new module, installed and everything works as it should.

In Memory of Chappy

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2014, 09:28:11 PM »

Excellent  :2vrolijk_21:

Well, except for the part where you(I assume) had to pay for another module.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2014, 11:11:24 PM »

Excellent  :2vrolijk_21:

Well, except for the part where you(I assume) had to pay for another module.

Nope. The parts department manager warrantied the part as it was defective. Just glad that the part failed so soon after installation. So, no extra cost.

In Memory of Chappy

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2014, 05:23:40 AM »

That's even better.  Glad the parts manager took care of you.

Springer2003

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • DE

Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2022, 08:32:16 PM »

I have made y-harness and have kits with instructions.  jdo

I would like to buy one of these. How do I get in touch with you?

I have a 2011 CVO Ultra Classic with OEM LED lighting on the tourpack. Any chance this will work? And do you have any for sale?

Thanks, Phil

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: ADDING TURN SIGNALS TO LED TOURPACK LIGHTS
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2022, 10:11:48 AM »

I would like to buy one of these. How do I get in touch with you?

I have a 2011 CVO Ultra Classic with OEM LED lighting on the tourpack. Any chance this will work? And do you have any for sale?

Thanks, Phil 

yes, I'd like to do this on 2012 ultra (CVO) as well. I,ve bee in contact with CD for years to get something, to no avail.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 24 queries.