Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: petrol tank  (Read 6128 times)

coullie

petrol tank
« on: November 17, 2018, 04:12:50 AM »

hi am from the uk.and have a stock 05 vrscse had it from new would like to change the petrol tank for a bigger one .what do you guys recomend

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: petrol tank
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »

While I am sure folks on this site have suggestions to help, you might also want to checkout this vrod site for info.

https://www.1130cc.com/#/
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: petrol tank
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 11:02:38 PM »

Take a look at the link below.  It's for a 5 gallon tank kit.

Strictly in the FWIW department I installed one of those.  Did so with little experience working on V-Rods so didn't know any easy ways or shortcuts.  Someone who is familiar with the bikes or who had done one of these kits before would certainly do it less than half the time it took me.

While the end result may have been worthwhile to the guy that owned the bike the task itself was a righteous pain in the ass.  It was eight hours of a Saturday that was wholly and completely populated by every foul oath I knew and some I made up anew just for that occasion.  The kit did allow for a tidy install when done though and it included all the bits needed to get the job done.

https://www.unlimitedengineering.com/product/supertankv-5-gallon-tank-for-hds-vrscabdsese2-4/

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.