Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which aftermarket seats are best  (Read 3641 times)

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
Which aftermarket seats are best
« on: November 03, 2021, 07:22:00 AM »

Unfortunately I wound up loosing my touring seat when I traded from a 2018 Tri Glide and bought a 21 CVO Tri Gide…. Posting here, as I’m confident the 21 Touring seats are the same across the 21 lineup.

My old seat was take off from my sold 2013 CVO Ultra, heated hammock , was a great seat… now discontinued.

Normally I can ride for hours on end without real discomfort, however after riding this new touring seat, I can handle about an hour before getting really uncomfortable.  I need to make a change.

So I’m looking for seat recommendations for a distance rider like myself.  One caveat, I’m 5’ 8’, so a seat like the Mustang Ultra Touring, which pushes the rider back almost 2” is not the best option.

Appreciate any good recommendations. Thank you.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Re: Which aftermarket seats are best
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 06:14:53 PM »

Unfortunately I wound up loosing my touring seat when I traded from a 2018 Tri Glide and bought a 21 CVO Tri Gide…. Posting here, as I’m confident the 21 Touring seats are the same across the 21 lineup.

My old seat was take off from my sold 2013 CVO Ultra, heated hammock , was a great seat… now discontinued.

Normally I can ride for hours on end without real discomfort, however after riding this new touring seat, I can handle about an hour before getting really uncomfortable.  I need to make a change.

So I’m looking for seat recommendations for a distance rider like myself.  One caveat, I’m 5’ 8’, so a seat like the Mustang Ultra Touring, which pushes the rider back almost 2” is not the best option.

Appreciate any good recommendations. Thank you.

I'm looking at this set up for my CVO Tri Glide
https://saddlemen.com/ls-road-sofa-3-1
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 09:50:04 AM »

Looks interesting..

Mild Hog NJ

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 09:19:49 AM »

Looks interesting..

Just wondering if you ever pulled the trigger on the Saddleman RS?

I also dislike the stock CVO seat and need a replacement. The extended version looks like a good option as I'm 6'1".

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 09:27:52 AM »

I just bought a new seat for my 2013 CVO Ultra Classic on ebay (it was a take off that somebody had sitting on their shelf).  So I have the one that I took off of my bike....a few tears right at the seams at the back of the riders seat.  It will need to be recovered and I kept it to get it recovered.  I'll sell it for $200 plus shipping if you're interested?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 11:18:10 AM »

I have learned that with seats you have to try them yourself, and not go on other peoples experience. On my '95 Ultra I had the Road Sofa and liked it.  When I got my '01 Ultra I got another Road Sofa and liked it so much I kept it when I got my '06.  However over the miles and years all the padding was broken down and I had to throw a sheepskin cover on it.

Over here on CVO the site everyone was talking about Corbin seats.  So I went to Corbin and had a seat made while I waited.  It was uncomfortable, too hard for my skinny boney butt.  After a couple thousand miles I got an AirHawk pad, which worked well.  However the AirHawk ruined the lines and appearance of the Corbin, so I went back to the worn out Road Sofa.

One day I was at a bike event and the Saddlemen folks were there.  I asked them if they could rebuild my seat.  When I told them it was 12 years old with over 100k miles on two bikes they laughed.  They had never seen one go that long.  They offered me a NEW seat in exchange for the old one.  They wanted to take my old one back to the shop, disassemble it and study the breakdown and wear patterns.  I jumped at this opportunity!  So far the ONLY change I made to the RoadSofa was to have the sides narrowed and tapered to help me flat foot it, and the addition of a BeadRider cover in the summer for ventilation.

Seats are subjective, the best way to know if you will like it is to try it.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.