Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marry new ecm  (Read 721 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Marry new ecm
« on: August 07, 2022, 01:10:11 PM »

I had failure of the thunder max and and im trying to install a new to me ecm. Its the correct one for the year (2005 seeg) but i cant get it to recognize the tssm. Just starts and dies. Ive tried the online method of off-on off-on wait 10 min etc several times. Any ideas on this? I dread going the dealer locally. Thanks  :bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Marry new ecm
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 05:53:38 PM »

Van, the following is the sequence I've used before; but it's a picky bitch.  The very few times I ever needed to accomplish this I hated it.  If the dealer is willing it isn't (or shouldn't) be a difficult chore for them using the digital tech tool.  Having said that I could easily foresee the kids working in a dealership looking at an 05 and it being so old they have no clue.  I'm also pretty sure I remember this procedure changing in 2006 (hopefully remember correctly).  What year is your ECM?  Might make a difference?

1 Set Run switch to Run

2 Turn Ignition key On-Off-On-Off-On-Off-On and then toggle
the Left Turn Signal switch twice.

3 Turn Ignition key Off-On Verify the Check Engine lamp and Security Lamp illuminate
briefly and then turn off Security lamp will not illuminate on non-security
(TSM) Twin Cam models.

4 Attempt normal start one time. Engine starts and stalls immediately. check engine
lamp stays on. Password has not been learned and sets trouble code P1009, thus stopping fuel
flow.

5 Wait 10 seconds Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models. ECM enters Password Learning mode for 10 minutes. Do Not cycle the ignition or disrupt power.

6 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed.

7 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

8 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed. Password Learning mode for 10 minutes. Do Not cycle the
ignition or disrupt power.

9 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

10 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed. Password Learning mode for 10 minutes. Do Not cycle the ignition or disrupt power.

11 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp light and then turn off. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

12 Turn Ignition switch OFF. Wait 15 seconds. Turn Ignition switch ON and start engine to confirm the Password Learn Procedure is successful. Engine will start and remain running. If engine immediately stalls and fails to restart the Password Learning mode was not successful. Start over at step 1.

The above steps must be timed and performed exactly as described. Any deviation will require you to start again from step 1.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.