Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Recent improvements  (Read 124774 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Recent improvements
« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »

A little easier to tell it's an eagle. Used that great 3M doublestick tape so the badge (actually a HD pin) floats on the brass plate. Looks cool. Looks like I have a bit of cleaning to do on this part of the bike!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2009, 07:18:29 AM »

Thought it was a bottle cap and opener at first.  :confused5:   ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »

That's a great idea! I'll take a bottle of Dos Equis out there and see if it'll work.

joeymaq

• Full CVO Member
  • Keep the wind in your hair, the bugs in your teeth
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »

Nice Scooter! :drink:
2009 Ultra Classic 96c.i., Vance & Hines basic slip on's ,Dyno Jet Power commander 5, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner.

Poser

« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »

The second owner replaced the stock bars with mid sized ape hangers. Didn't like the look myself so I switched to Kuryakyn Big'uns T bars. Pleased with the change. Second owner also added the windshield. Mod required to do so included cutting off lower portion of plexiglass to fit over sport fairing. My add to this was finding a flaming plexiglass piece on e-bay for $75 and replacing the stock plexi with this. Got to do the surgery myself on the second shield. I had seen this windshield in the HD catalog but not offered for Wide Glides. Pleased with the result - although would have been nice if the flames had been gold!

1st timer here.  Just bought FXDWG2 yesterday.  Hope photo attached.  Don't know how to do this posting/reply stuff yet.
Windshield question:  FIRST mod cause I'm used to my Ultra.  You have any idea where it came from?  I can modify it, if can only find bracket.
Any suggestions would be helpful, as I want to keep the little fairing in place.  Cute...  You guys help the newbies so much with this incredible amount of information.  Thanks from a poser.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »

1st timer here.  Just bought FXDWG2 yesterday.  Hope photo attached.  Don't know how to do this posting/reply stuff yet.
Windshield question:  FIRST mod cause I'm used to my Ultra.  You have any idea where it came from?  I can modify it, if can only find bracket.
Any suggestions would be helpful, as I want to keep the little fairing in place.  Cute...  You guys help the newbies so much with this incredible amount of information.  Thanks from a poser.
Poser,
First off welcome to the site when you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

In regards to the windshield/fairing that is pictured on your bike I don't see a windshield only the fairing that came stock w/that bike. Others that know more about that model may have some ideas in regards to adding something to that fairing, but I don't think I've ever seen anything added to it. I believe what you are going to have to do is replace it w/a windshield all together.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2009, 04:42:01 PM »

Poser,
First off welcome to the site when you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

In regards to the windshield/fairing that is pictured on your bike I don't see a windshield only the fairing that came stock w/that bike. Others that know more about that model may have some ideas in regards to adding something to that fairing, but I don't think I've ever seen anything added to it. I believe what you are going to have to do is replace it w/a windshield all together.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »

Poser,

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Welcome aboard! No way to the above! Check out the pic. It's Member's Buy early 's bike. Contact him. He's knows ALL about these bikes!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Buy early

Hoist! :coolblue:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:47:03 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »

Welcome aboard! No way to the above! Check out the pic. It's Member's Buy early 's bike. Contact him. He's knows ALL about these bikes!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Buy early

I stand corrected..... See it's not hard admitting. ;) :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

I stand corrected..... See it's not hard admitting. ;) :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

HeHe!!! But that was a no-brainer d00d! Mark's a regular and keeps that CVO FXDWG Board alive!!! It was easier for me to remember though. I rode that bike a few months ago! ;)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »

It was easier for me to remember though. I rode that bike a few months ago! ;)

......and?  :nixweiss:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »

Poser - Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase of the best and fastest CVO ever! Don't let statistics fool you, the Switchblade is the best and red is the fastest!

Give this post a thorough read and let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=719.0;all

There are a few windshield choices for the WG2 but any of them require you to do a little trimming so it fits around the sport fairing. It's not to difficult, I know because I did it myself and I'm not that mechanically minded. I learned most of what I know about Switchblades from guys on this board. Especially a dude named Buffy! Go through all the threads in the FXDWG2 section and you'll come up to speed quickly. But only do that when it's not nice enough to be out riding!

If you don't mind my askin', where did you find the scoot?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:00:30 PM by Buy early »

Ironman57

« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »

:pepper: Sweet

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #268 on: October 08, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

Hey BuyEarly,

I was curious to know what type of sound do you get from those Screamin Eagle pipes.  I have a set on an 06 Heritage and they sound kind of gutted.  I even put the vance and hines quiet baffles in them and still don't like the sound.  What kind of sound do you get out of yours.  The sound is just not deep kinda loud and gutted.  I have even tried wrapping the baffles with fiberglass packin and still doesn't sound right.
Jimmy

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #269 on: October 08, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »

my thoughts! very nice bike :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.