Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Recent improvements  (Read 124732 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Recent improvements
« Reply #360 on: May 18, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »

I really like the Marsee bag because it has very strong magnets and a tunnel on the underside that allows it to fit very securely on the WG2 without straps. The one thing I have yet to do to the bike is put some motorcycle armor on the tank where the bag mounts so it won't scratch the tank if dirt gets between the magnets and the bike.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:29:53 PM by Buy early »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »

neat idea......but, I would find it too distracting (with my lack of self-control to not use while in motion). ???  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2011, 03:22:15 PM »

As a bonus, I can drive the ipad through the map bag without interference. Finger gestures work unimpeded. Had it on the bike yesterday for a bit over an hour and the music worked just fine.

Have been using the Jabra Bluetooth BT3030 (http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT3030-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B000XT3L7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305746407&sr=8-1) dongle to drive my Shure headset. This allows me to connect to my iPhone, iPod or iPad for music, GPS, and phone. Wear the dongle like a wristwatch so I can control volume, track selection on the fly.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:32:55 PM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »

Currently looking for the best iPad app for GPS with spoken turn by turn driving instructions and downloadable maps (suggestions always welcome). My iPad has full GPS but don't really want to have the screen on all the time as the unit will likely overheat and shut down. Figure I can activate the screen when needed and listen for directions the remainder of the time. The ability to have the iPad stream music is great. The battery life is over 15 hours in music only mode. Also acquired the necessary cables to do on-bike charging if necessary.

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

Currently looking for the best iPad app for GPS with spoken turn by turn driving instructions and downloadable maps (suggestions always welcome). My iPad has full GPS but don't really want to have the screen on all the time as the unit will likely overheat and shut down. Figure I can activate the screen when needed and listen for directions the remainder of the time. The ability to have the iPad stream music is great. The battery life is over 15 hours in music only mode. Also acquired the necessary cables to do on-bike charging if necessary.

Not sure if it is the best, but I quite like it when using the iPad as a GPS device.

GPS Drive HD (More for navigating in a vehicle) and GPS HD (Resembles functions on a handheld GPS for say water/camping) by MotionX.  I think both are like $2.99.

The only caveate to the one that gives driving instructions, it will cost you $2.99 in any month you wish to use the voice nav, or $19.99 for a year subscription.  The 1st month's purchase is included with the apps initial $2.99 cost.

The justification to the subscription costs is that the data is live and always being updated; however, you can nav without the nav prompts in a pinch.  So you pay as you use.  I've only activated the voice nav twice since I got it almost a year ago.  I tend to use the GPS HD app more, as it does a killer job of recording some of the rides we've been on.

The GPS HD app has more map sources to choose from, and both allow you control your music stream from within the app.  With the updated IOS, that really isn't as useful as it used to be.

If you have seen any of the ride reports JCZ posts that I've been on, good chance I have posted a route map from this program.

Tons of features that may or may not appeal to you.  http://drive.motionx.com/ipad/overview/
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »

Just ordered a set of these Progressive shocks. Plan to have the flames golded prior to install. Should be a nice touch for the back end and who doesn't want a nice touch on their back end!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #366 on: May 22, 2011, 10:23:44 PM »

Man, you just keep moving the bar higher and higher.  The gold & flames theme is great and you seem to find unique ways to incorporate them tastefully on that red bomb.  :apple: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #367 on: June 02, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »

Don't know why it took me so long to get around to this piece of real estate. Went from this:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #368 on: June 02, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »

To this:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #369 on: June 02, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »

Serious case of both OCD & OGD (Obsessive Chrome and Gold Disorder)!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #370 on: June 02, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »

To this:

Just get the black in the lettering done in red, to match. :2vrolijk_21:

But it's lookin good!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »

Dang JCZ, it takes a lot of nerve to point out something else that BuyEarly needs to do to that scooter.  :o har.  spyder

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #372 on: June 03, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »

But it's lookin good!

When you're right, you're right, and you're right JC.

The theme I have tried to follow on the bike is; flames in gold, lettering and bar/shields in red, leather in tan, and chrome everything else.

The only black on the bike should be the tires and belt. That's been challenging to do at times but that has been the goal. There are some exceptions. The Flamin' Switchblade pegs didn't get golded but your point is well taken and I spent all night trying to figure out a solution. Problem is, I have 4 like items on the bike. The primary and inspection covers and the air cleaner and points covers. I would want to change them all.

According to my theme, the black background would go to chrome and the lettering and bar/shields would be red. If you notice, the Harley Davidson scripting on the back of the luggage rack and the bottom of the chrome belt guard got pinstriped red. Several of the bar/shield logos were filled in red (wheel spokes, choke knob, coin logos on the riser tops and axel covers, etc.). I just haven't figured out how to accomplish this... yet. I thought of filling in the whole section with chrome paint and then scraping off the top surface of the bar/shield and lettering and applying red paint but that would be a royal PITA.

Still cogitating but I do agree with your assessment.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:31:40 AM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #373 on: June 03, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »

Same design on the horn cover. Had the wings painted red as a custom touch, golded the flame linkage and even justified the gold spark plug wires because they provide flame, right, but just never thought about the black background.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #374 on: June 03, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »

Same design on the horn cover. Had the wings painted red as a custom touch, golded the flame linkage and even justified the gold spark plug wires because they provide flame, right, but just never thought about the black background.
Ya gotta figure out how to golden the flames on the derby, points and air cleaner cover to keep with the theme.  I gotta admit, I didn't think there was much more you could do to that beauty, but you keep finding a way.   :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 21 queries.