Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The gear I bought after the accident....  (Read 2810 times)

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
The gear I bought after the accident....
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »

I was in a very bad t-bone accident last year,  and have been scouring the net for the best equipment I could get...

It wasnt cheap,  but I wanted to arm myself with the best I could...  So here we go:

Vanson Cobra Mark 3 CE Armor all around and hard armor in the back
Vanson MESH Jacket for super hot riding days

Arai 3/4 Helmet Dot/Snell Approved

Lee Parks Deer Skin Leather Gloves

Alpine Star Summer gloves

Draggin Jeans Kevlar Jeans

Bohn lower body armor (coolest thing I have seen)

Red Wing Boots

Extra bubble wrap  :bananarock:

Once you have seen the face of the big harley in the sky,  you never want to see it again

Scott

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: The gear I bought after the accident....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 06:29:47 PM »

rent a Bond flick and ask Q to construct some counter measures for the A holes that try to do it to you again.
all kidding aside ad a headlight modulator and tail light modulator like back off to your list.  It will increase your visibility big time.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:33:10 PM »

Opps,  I should have stated that was the riding gear only..

As far as other equipment, I added:

Motolight Driving Lights
Headlight Modulator
LED Turns Front and Rear (with driving light mode and pulse brake)
LED Brake Light

And engine guard mounted paint ball gun!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:02:15 AM »

Opps,  I should have stated that was the riding gear only..

As far as other equipment, I added:

Motolight Driving Lights
Headlight Modulator
LED Brake Light

And engine guard mounted paint ball gun!

good deal very thoughtful and comprehensive list Maybe an advanced rider safety course?   

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:49:27 AM »

You guys keep getting me!!!

I take the experienced rider course in may,  and Lee Parks Total Control in Aug...

There was no way I could have avoided this one... Left turner from a side street.  They were doing 30+ while I was on a 2 lane doing 20....  Not even a stop sign for either of us....  :nixweiss:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »

You guys keep getting me!!!

I take the experienced rider course in may,  and Lee Parks Total Control in Aug...

There was no way I could have avoided this one... Left turner from a side street.  They were doing 30+ while I was on a 2 lane doing 20....  Not even a stop sign for either of us....  :nixweiss:

You the man!

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 03:49:39 AM »

:worthless:

Can you post what it all looks like on, or at least photos of some of it?  Not quite sure what the kevlar pants would look like for example.  I've seen some kevlar stuff at a Honda dealer and it looked like the Power Rangers, so I did not even consider it at the time.

Megavolt17
Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 08:43:33 AM »

Motolight Driving Lights
Headlight Modulator
LED Brake Light

I think the Motolights look kind of funky on our bikes - BUT - they absolutely will make you stand out to oncoming traffic. I put them on after our friend and fellow CVO member "Boxmaker" convinced me.
You tend to see bikes equipped with Motolights a good half mile away sometimes - even in the mirrors.

As to the LED's. I added turn signal and rear brake LED's from http://www.hogcitylites.com/ after seeing the display at Americade last year.
They are super bright.
I also added the brake light modulator and have it set to '3 sets of strobe flash - steady on 3 seconds - 3 sets of strobe flash - steady' etc.

I can't tell how bright they are from the rear but I have been told by my fellow riders they get annoying after awhile  :2vrolijk_21:

I picked the http://www.hogcitylites.com/ lights because when I was walking by the display I had to "blink - squint" when the light was flashing. Very bright.

The owners wife has a 2003 SE bike and I suggested to them that they come on here for two reasons - one to be a member and two to check out the vendor section.

I'll contact them again.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 09:02:35 AM »

:worthless:

Can you post what it all looks like on, or at least photos of some of it?  Not quite sure what the kevlar pants would look like for example.  I've seen some kevlar stuff at a Honda dealer and it looked like the Power Rangers, so I did not even consider it at the time.

Megavolt17

Next time I go out I will try to take a pic.  Check out the dragginjeans.com website.. They look like normal jeans

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 09:06:36 AM »

I think the Motolights look kind of funky on our bikes - BUT - they absolutely will make you stand out to oncoming traffic. I put them on after our friend and fellow CVO member "Boxmaker" convinced me.
You tend to see bikes equipped with Motolights a good half mile away sometimes - even in the mirrors.

As to the LED's. I added turn signal and rear brake LED's from http://www.hogcitylites.com/ after seeing the display at Americade last year.
They are super bright.
I also added the brake light modulator and have it set to '3 sets of strobe flash - steady on 3 seconds - 3 sets of strobe flash - steady' etc.

I can't tell how bright they are from the rear but I have been told by my fellow riders they get annoying after awhile  :2vrolijk_21:

I picked the http://www.hogcitylites.com/ lights because when I was walking by the display I had to "blink - squint" when the light was flashing. Very bright.

The owners wife has a 2003 SE bike and I suggested to them that they come on here for two reasons - one to be a member and two to check out the vendor section.

I'll contact them again.

I am 50/50 on the MotoLights but take a look here at my pics http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35645.msg568823#msg568823

I checked Hogcitylights,  and they are a reseller for custom dynamics...  Below is what I ordered from them,  and they were cheaper for the same stuff....

http://customdynamics.com/harley_davidson_motorcycle_taillight.htm#LED_Board_for_OEM_Tombstone_Tail_Light For the tailight.  I cant vouch for it as I went with Billit Boys (and alot more expensive)

Turn Signal Kit http://customdynamics.com/harley_turn_signal_retro.htm Scroll down till you see Complete Turn Signal Conversion Kits.

You want the Bullet Style: Complete HD Turn Signal Conversion Kit
(DOT Approved)
Item: GEN200-KIT
Price: $162.95 Kit

When you add it to the cart you can select LED Color for front and rear and lens cover color (I went clear and they are BRIGHT!)

As the option  you add Street Magic Triple Play for $55.00 (without it you only get the load equilzer)  With it you get the the LED's as running lights and a flashing brake light.  It all plugs and plays very nicely.. I reccomend the Triple Play!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 10:09:31 AM »

I bought my LED's at Americade last year. The current pricing on the CD site seems to be about what I Paid last year. But, of all the vendors selling LEDS at Americade, Hog City had the best product & price. And I was able to actually see the items work as opposed to looking on a website.

This LED module requires a bit of re-work of you existing tail light lens. Take a look at the instructions.

I was able to buy a "correct for my bike" tail light already modified, which is a plus.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »

okay, I got the headlight modulator (KISAN) already from my 03 Roadglide, waiting for a new daylight sensor.
But how do I get a stoplight pulser, pulsator, thingee that makes it blink when I step on the brakes, for an 09 SERG with the new led stop/turn signals.  They are built into the metal piece between the fender and bags.  Not sure how HD has them wired, controlled and don't know if anyone has tried to install stop light flasher.  It comes in handy here in "The Land of Happy Retired Blind Drivers"  (Florida)
((hey, the spell checker understands thingee!))

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »

okay, I got the headlight modulator (KISAN) already from my 03 Roadglide, waiting for a new daylight sensor.
But how do I get a stoplight pulser, pulsator, thingee that makes it blink when I step on the brakes, for an 09 SERG with the new led stop/turn signals.  They are built into the metal piece between the fender and bags.  Not sure how HD has them wired, controlled and don't know if anyone has tried to install stop light flasher.  It comes in handy here in "The Land of Happy Retired Blind Drivers"  (Florida)
((hey, the spell checker understands thingee!))

Customdynamics.com
I beleive it is the street magic.. Call them,  as they know their chit!

Page created in 0.7 seconds with 25 queries.