Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Corbin Saddle  (Read 13068 times)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Re: Corbin Saddle
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 06:38:49 AM »

2smoke
I'm fine with the stock seat but my wife hates the passenger pillion.  Your idea for the custom made pillion certainly sounds fine as well.  I do know that the Harley Sundowner seat is fine.  We've always rode on a Corbin seat in the past and have loved it.

I'm glad to hear your 1,500 mile trip was successful.  We're taking a 5,000 mile trip pretty soon.

Etudeguy

Etude guy,

My wife is not crazy about the passenger pillion for long rides either so I got her an Air Hawk 2 seat cushion. We plan to give it a go on a long ride next weekend and I will report back how it goes.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 07:04:39 AM »

MikeV
My wife and I tried the Air Hawk 2 on my other bike a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly it puts one even a bit higher.

We're on a long road trip now using the Corbin DualTour and we both love it.

Corbin corrected all the issues I first had with the first seat that they sent me so now we're happy. The Corbin seat looks great as well.

Etudeguy

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

MikeV
My wife and I tried the Air Hawk 2 on my other bike a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly it puts one even a bit higher.

We're on a long road trip now using the Corbin DualTour and we both love it.

Corbin corrected all the issues I first had with the first seat that they sent me so now we're happy. The Corbin seat looks great as well.

Etudeguy

Etudeguy, How much of an improvement is this over the stock seat and bsr pillion?
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »

Mr. Warlock
The stock HD seat was OK for me but according to my wife, the stock pillon was not comfortable for any ride of any significants. For one thing the pillon is real cushy and places the passanger real high. The pillon is separate from the main seat so there is a little play from side to side, which my wife says made her feel unstable. The comfort level is pretty low as well.  I know some of the guys recommend the Air Hawk 2 which I'm sure improves the comfort level but doesn't solve the stability problem and just puts the passenger even higher.

The Corbin DualTour is a one piece seat for two, which makes the ride for the passenger more centered and stable. My wife says that the level of improved comfort is monumental. Remember I said the comfort level of the stock seat was OK for me but when I sat on the Corbin you don't want to go back to the standard seat at all. (Big Improvement)

We are currently on a road trip and we have already ridden 4,000 on the Corbin seat, and we're riding daily. We are having the time of our lives and we are extremely comfortable.

You and I have the same color bike!

I hope this helps

Etudeguy

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »

KR-
Can you install the CVO pillion after installing the Corbin Solo?
Thanks,
Bob

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:07 AM »

No.  The pillion is held in the front by a tongue that fits under a bracket on the HD saddle, the Corbin does not have this bracket. 

Razor

• RAZOR
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010.5 FLHTCUSE5/BLK- #008
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »

I had a little trouble with the back bracket holding the seat with out movement. I adjusted the tab on the seat (bent it out a little) and it fits perfect.
For my money I would go with the Corbin.
RAZOR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.577 seconds with 22 queries.