Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clearview Shields announces a prototype shield for the CVO Softail Convertible!  (Read 2390 times)

Clearview Shields

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Making Custom Motorcycle Windshields since 1986

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearview Shields is unveiling their prototype windshield for the CVO Softail Convertible at Sturgis 2012! Stop by and check it out if you are there - we will be at 5th and Lazelle. If you just want a little "taste" of what we've come up with, check out our facebook page at the following link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.390250027706735.92703.101181953280212&type=1

As always, feel free to call with any questions.  Ride safe out there friends.
Thanks,

Mark
Customer Service
Clearviewshields.com
info@clearviewshields.com
1-800-798-6089

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member

I am very interested.  Noticed they aren't on your website yet.  When will you start shipping?

TxDrifter

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3

Interesting.  I like the width and the roll at the top which might help push the wind a bit higher.  I would really like to see one suited to the 2012 model which has the lower wind deflectors as well.

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member

That's nice, why only a prototype?

Clearview Shields

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member

Hi All...we are calling it a prototype because we have some being tested at this time and we'll then do some fine tuning.  Prices and options should be on our website mid September so please check it out then!
Thanks,

Mark
Customer Service
Clearviewshields.com
1-800-798-6089

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits

I am also interested in one for the '12 model

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

millmutt

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2007 FXDSE
    • CVO3: 2011 FLSTSE2

FYI
I got the opportunity to demo the Clearview prototype windshield the other day at Sturgis. I currently have an 11 with the standard windshield and about 6500 miles on
my bike. I like the look of the 11 standard shield so I have been ok with the wind blast so far. I also like to run north of 80 and beyond regularly. So here is my observations.
The Clearview works quite well. The shield was about an inch taller, 4 inches wider and extends down and back in to fill the areas where the 2012 wind deflectors are. There is a mild recurve
at the top. I don't see why they couldn't provide a variation for the 2012 to retain the defectors but frankly I think the deflectors on the 12 look like a crappy afterthought.
 I rode about 35 miles and tried to stay above 80 and saw high 90s a few times. The shield worked great and the coverage was about almost as good as my Electra Glide with a standard shield.
I ordered one upon my return from the test ride.   

Ride safe,
Millmutt
Colorado

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member

Mark (clearview), are you taking orders now?  I still don't see anything on the website but the previous poster said he ordered one at Sturgis.

Clearview Shields

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member

FYI
I got the opportunity to demo the Clearview prototype windshield the other day at Sturgis. I currently have an 11 with the standard windshield and about 6500 miles on
my bike. I like the look of the 11 standard shield so I have been ok with the wind blast so far. I also like to run north of 80 and beyond regularly. So here is my observations.
The Clearview works quite well. The shield was about an inch taller, 4 inches wider and extends down and back in to fill the areas where the 2012 wind deflectors are. There is a mild recurve
at the top. I don't see why they couldn't provide a variation for the 2012 to retain the defectors but frankly I think the deflectors on the 12 look like a crappy afterthought.
 I rode about 35 miles and tried to stay above 80 and saw high 90s a few times. The shield worked great and the coverage was about almost as good as my Electra Glide with a standard shield.
I ordered one upon my return from the test ride.   

Ride safe,
Millmutt
Colorado

Glad you had the chance to test the shield and were pleased with it's performance.  For anyone wanting to order, it'll be up on the site shortly, or you can give me a call.  Ride safe everyone!
Thanks,

Mark
Customer Service
Clearviewshields.com
1-800-798-6089

TxDrifter

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3

Glad you had the chance to test the shield and were pleased with it's performance.  For anyone wanting to order, it'll be up on the site shortly, or you can give me a call.  Ride safe everyone!

Any word if it will be compatible with the 2012 models?  If so, does that mean the stock wind deflectors will need to be removed?   :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.