Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: HELP PLEASE...........Need part # for mirror......Knocked over wife's new bike!!  (Read 6259 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom

Hi all,
Well I had thought my first post would be telling everyone about my wife's new bike. Instead I need your alls help finding a part number for a mirror. :'(  :'(  :help:
She has a 2011 FLSTSE2 in Scarlet Red Pearl/Dark Slate Pearl. It only has 4,000 miles on it and still look new. I was moving it yesterday and didn't have the kick stand down all the way. So when I let go of the bike it fell into my 2011 Road Glide Ultra. :oops: Luck for both bikes there was no body damage, no scratches in the paint or anything else serious. :-[ But I did end up with a highway peg in a mirror on her bike, it broke the glass and also broke the stem from the mirror off at the arm.  >:( It is the kind with the ribs on the back of it. So does someone have a part number for it so I can get out of the dog house please.

So here are s few shots of it when we picked it up at the dealers.

The wife sitting on it waiting to roll it outside so we can head home.

Nice side shot.

That is it for now. She really likes the bike, she moved up from a Sportster 1200 and this is her third bike.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

Looks like the rumble collection per a post I made a few days ago. I'll see if I can dig up that thread for ya.

Look at reply #3 in this thread,
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=87270.msg1159858#msg1159858
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8

Welcome  :welcome_005: to the site from Toledo, Ohio.  Congrats on your wife's beautiful convertible.   :2vrolijk_21:  I hope you find the part number for that mirror so you can get out of the DOGHOUSE.   :smug: :zHole:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

92341-09 is the RH mirror, 92342-09 is the LH

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty

Welcome aboard from Minnesota! Glad you've joined the fun. Congrats on the new scoot! Sorry about the mishap. Easy fix tho. Just a little time and some $'s.

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member

Welcome, very lucky that the damage was minimal.  I see other posters have already helped you with the part number.  You will find that this board has some very helpful and knowledgeable (sometimes opinionated) members.

0815error

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 "lemon"

Welcome to this site from Germany, and a point to the different mirrors.
FYI - Mine was stock equiped with the 92447-11/92448-11 (HDI) and I've tried both.
I changed to the 92341-09A/92342-09A (domestic) in reason of the better design.
After 10 Months I changed back, because of the crap quality (chrome peeling) of the domestic version.
I love lemon bikes, because "sour gets you happy"  (a common German saying)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!

Welcome from Dubai  :2vrolijk_21:
Ride Hard, Ride Fast, Ride Safe
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

BaggerProud

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 banana
    • CVO2: 1994 FXSTC
    • CVO3: 1983 XLX

Welcome to the site from the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.
Don't think your priority should be getting a part number. I'd be lookin' for running shoes & seein' if I could out run the bullet.  :vrolijk27:
Great looking bike
 :bananarock:

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom

Welcome to the site from the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.
Don't think your priority should be getting a part number. I'd be lookin' for running shoes & seein' if I could out run the bullet.  :vrolijk27:
Great looking bike
 :bananarock:

I'd just have to stand there and take the shot.................................. :carrot:   I missed my chance to outrun a bullet almost 9 years ago in Iraq, took out my femur in my right leg. I don't run for anything anymore.
 :army: :army:    :rifle: :rifle:

Thank god she is pretty understanding and was just happy that was all that happened.

Just got off the phone with the dealership that had sold this bike to original owner. At some point it was traded back into the same dealership and was sold again. That owner then consigned it at our dealer.
Anyhooooo, what all this has to do with anything is that I got the skinny on what work has been done to this bike. Visual stuff is the V&H Big Radius 2 -1, SE Heavy Breather, Heel & Toe shifter, Highway pegs but where it really counts is in the motor. They installed high compression pistons (10.5-1), Heads were sent out to local shop for port & polish plus HC work, S&S 585 gear drive cams & Super Tuner.
Now I had never driven a 110ci bike before so had no idea what to base things on. But compared to my TW555 camed 103ci Road Glide this CVO has got some scoot to it. Might have to trade motors with the wife.  :grin2: :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:31:37 PM by WildmanUltra »

gunnyjeep

• Gunny

• CVO1: 2011 Softail Convertible FLSTSE2

I Changed out my mirrors last year due to corrosion. Other then that Love the bike

To Dubai Charlie I think I have seen your scooter around Dubai, I go through Dubai 4 times a year going back and forth to Afghanistan

2011 Softail Convertible
2008 Softail Deluxe
1992 Sportster Project Bobber
2012 Yamaha V-Star (wife's town bike)

gunnyjeep

• Gunny

I Changed out my mirrors last year due to corrosion. Other then that Love the bike

To Dubai Charlie I think I have seen your scooter around Dubai, I go through Dubai 4 times a year going back and forth to Afghanistan

Spent 2 1/2 years in Iraq with Diplomatic Security - the little Blue Helicopters with the Silver Strip aka "Little Birds" primarily at LZ Washington in Baghdad between the Palace Embassy and the PX (in the old Iraqi Gym), COB Adder (Tallil) and Kirkuk where we demob'ed from.

2011 Softail Convertible
2008 Softail Deluxe

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!

Hi Gunny,
Good chance it is me you have seen running around Dubai, only one 2012 Convertible in my colour,
Give me a shout the next time your passing and we can grab a beer or two,
Cheers,
Charlie
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

gunnyjeep

• Gunny

Hi Gunny,
Good chance it is me you have seen running around Dubai, only one 2012 Convertible in my colour,
Give me a shout the next time your passing and we can grab a beer or two,
Cheers,
Charlie

I will be flying in on Oct 11th for my rotation home, staying at the Premier Inn on Airport drive next to the Holiday Inn Express - seen a nice black Deluxe parked there a couple of times, most of the time I stay Metropolitan but no room at the inn this trip

I do like your color, I am thinking of buying new tin for my 2011 and doing a custom paint (keep the original stuff packed away in case I ever decide to sell it). 

Will Get a hold of you closer to my departure from the Stan

Ed

2011 Softail Convertible
2008 Softail Deluxe

SteveO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3

I'm confused, why not have your local Harley dealer look up the part and order it?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.