Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little to no space under seat on '13 RK CVO for accessories  (Read 1248 times)

zellerdude

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King FLHRSE5

So much OEM stuff under the stock seat that it leaves hardly any room for accessories that plug into the 8-pin rear light connector.

I put LED plug-ins in the front turn signals, so needed an equalizer to keep the signals from flashing fast. That's one male/female plug add-on, plus the potted equalizer device which I have hanging down under the side panel.

I put Ciro light blades on my bags in my quest to have the back of the bike brighter and attract more attention when turning. That's another male/female plug add-on.

Was able to barely squeeze this stuff in, then purchased a Custom Dynamics Magic Strobe brake light flasher (I like to be safe and have as obnoxious a display of light in back of me as possible). This device has another male/female connector add on, PLUS a potted device.
There is NO ROOM for this under the seat.

Question: If I were to take and cut a section out of the plastic "pan" on the bottom of the actual seat in order to create more room, would it sacrifice the integrity of the seat? I called a service writer at my HD dealer and he thought it would be ok. I just wanted some feedback from anyone here who has experienced this about if my seat would still support properly, or it would cause structural damage and cause it to cave in from the top a bit. I'd also like to see if anyone has ideas on how to solve the problem without cutting up the bottom of the seat. (Please don't tell me to plug in less crap under the seat!)

Thanks in advance!

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 24 queries.