Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!  (Read 12734 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:58 AM »

Aight dood...Give me a lesson in links.
PM on the way...

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:58 AM »

Thanks dood.  :2vrolijk_21:
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 11:50:50 AM »

Thanks dood.  :2vrolijk_21:
I knew you could do it. :2vrolijk_21: Tell JD you learned something new today and you should be able to spend another $750 on your bike. ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HarleyJeff

• CVO1: 08 SE Road King "Annie" #590
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »

Hey Hoist, have you tried the backrest in the riders position. My problem wth the stock seat's riders back rest is that it pushes me too close to the tank. I'm a big guy and need as much room as I can get. Also does the seat itself push you closer to the tank than stock? I had a corbin dual tour on my VTX Honda and it was close to the stock position.
Thanks, Jeff
BuB 7 True Duals
MoFlo air cleaner
SERT Pro & Dyno tune 100hp/118tq to the ground.
Factory center stand
LED turn signals
HID headlight conversion

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 01:13:35 PM »

Hey Hoist, have you tried the backrest in the riders position. My problem wth the stock seat's riders back rest is that it pushes me too close to the tank. I'm a big guy and need as much room as I can get. Also does the seat itself push you closer to the tank than stock? I had a corbin dual tour on my VTX Honda and it was close to the stock position.
Thanks, Jeff

Welcome to the site Jeff! I don't use the rider backrest. The HD one won't work with the Corbin. You need to use Corbin's. I didn't buy that with my seat. I haven't tried the new seat yet, as my bike's still in the shop getting a new motor built. Corbin will also rework the seat once for you for free, to get it to fit you better, if the standard arrangement doesn't fit you right. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HarleyJeff

• CVO1: 08 SE Road King "Annie" #590
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply Hoist. One more question, does the stock passenger backrest work with the Corbin? Those corbin backrests are VERRY expensive! :-\
BuB 7 True Duals
MoFlo air cleaner
SERT Pro & Dyno tune 100hp/118tq to the ground.
Factory center stand
LED turn signals
HID headlight conversion

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply Hoist. One more question, does the stock passenger backrest work with the Corbin? Those corbin backrests are VERRY expensive! :-\

I have a taller detachable sissy bar, with a standard RK passenger backrest. I had it recovered by Corbin to match the seat. I think the stock short sissy bar/pad interferes with the passenger section of the Corbin seat.

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:23:07 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »

Yes it will fit. I used stock passenger backrest (03 SERK) with Corbin dual touring seat until I bought a Corbin backrest, no problem.

BADBUD
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 01:18:24 PM »

Do you have any adjustment left on the back mounting bracket to allow the seat to move forward a bit to fill in some of the gap? I had the same issue with my dual tour seat on my SEEG and had to slightly elongate the holes on the rear mounting bracket to allow the seat to move forward just a bit. A slight gap between the seat and tank is good as the seat will lay down a little the more time you spend on it and break it in. Nothing beats the Corbin IMHO.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »

Well, after using this seat for the first time on a 2400 mile trip, I'm not happy to report that I'm not happy with my heated Corbin dual touring saddle on my SERK3! >:(

The seat is fine on short trips. The heat is fantastic! But on long trips, I get monkey butt as bad if not worse than the HD Sundowner seat. The firmness is nice for awhile, but starts getting to you after time. Running 600mi/day, by the second or third gas stop you just can't wait to get off of it. Never thought I'd be happy about getting 30 mpg, but by the time I need gas, I can't wait to stop. Shouldn't be that way. Same with Binx.

After seeing and trying other Corbins on SEEGs and SEUCs, the SERK seat is built more compact than those. Maybe they're trying to maintain the "look". But I'm not looking forward to going to Sturgis on this seat. I might not even wait til the winter to send it back, but they gotta do something for me to allow me to keep it on my bike.

Anyone else have any feedback on a heated Corbin SERK seat? Trying to determine if it's just mine, or if they all suck! Thought I'd reach out for a consensus before contacting Corbin. But right now, mine and Binx's asses are not happy campers! :'(

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »

Well, after using this seat for the first time on a 2400 mile trip, I'm not happy to report that I'm not happy with my heated Corbin dual touring saddle on my SERK3! >:(

The seat is fine on short trips. The heat is fantastic! But on long trips, I get monkey butt as bad if not worse than the HD Sundowner seat. The firmness is nice for awhile, but starts getting to you after time. Running 600mi/day, by the second or third gas stop you just can't wait to get off of it. Never thought I'd be happy about getting 30 mpg, but by the time I need gas, I can't wait to stop. Shouldn't be that way. Same with Binx.

After seeing and trying other Corbins on SEEGs and SEUCs, the SERK seat is built more compact than those. Maybe they're trying to maintain the "look". But I'm not looking forward to going to Sturgis on this seat. I might not even wait til the winter to send it back, but they gotta do something for me to allow me to keep it on my bike.

Anyone else have any feedback on a heated Corbin SERK seat? Trying to determine if it's just mine, or if they all suck! Thought I'd reach out for a consensus before contacting Corbin. But right now, mine and Binx's asses are not happy campers! :'(

Hoist! 8)

Howie, if you do send it back to them be sure and consider everything about the seat.  Where it crosses under thighs and hips, additions fo padding, etc etc etc.  If you're going to take advantage of their one lifetime free adjustment you want to catch it all.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »

Howie, have you tried a Mustang? Sturgis almost killed me last year with the HD Sundowner - I bought a pad for the trip home and that helped. I've since put on a Mustang (had 1 on my WG and loved it). I can ride all day with no discomfort on the Mustang seat.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »

Hey Howie sorry you're having issues. I'm sure its a bummer after waiting so long. I was going to ask you about the comfort level but I see you answered it. I just put a new seat on mine ( I think its a sundowner) so Susie would have a little more padding in the back. But on the 3 hour ride to Myrtle but went to sleep 3 or 4 times. Its seems to be hard for big boys (260) to find a good seat. So How much was it??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.