Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Harley Davidson Announces FLHRSEI2  (Read 16534 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Harley Davidson Announces FLHRSEI2
« on: August 12, 2002, 09:38:54 PM »

HD will again be making a screamin' eagle road king in 2003

http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MOT/CVOP/en/03_cvo.asp?

FLHRSEI2 will include a 103 CI (1690cc) motor producing 100 ft. lbs of torque at 3500 RPM  :o
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

harleybulli

• German
Re: Harley Davidson Announces FLHRSEI2
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 04:48:16 AM »

Hello,
i will buy a Screamin Eagle Road king (2003). What are the generell differences between Screamin Eagle and the standard rod king classic. I know the differences that are shown on the HD-Homepages.
Thanks
Harleybulli

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 08:12:07 AM »

i only know what H-D has published on their web site. if the FLHRSEI2 is anything like the FLHRSEI then just about every chrome accessory you can find in the catalog will already be on the bike

Lambo11

• FLHRSEI2 OWNER
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 02:37:04 PM »

YEP! And $10,000.  I just picked up my 2003 SERK and all I can say is it’s one nice bike.  I have been an H-D owner for the last 20 years, and hands down this is a GREAT bike.  Looking forward to this WEB sit to see what else I can add and what works well, like pipes.

Bopper

• 03 screamin eagle road king / 03 bourget chopper
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 10:38:16 PM »

i added thundercone pipes on my,and also rev tech d.f.o and the air cleaner kit what a diff. .you can look in the new hot bike mag.  ;they have a good spread on the screamin eagle 03.  p.s. thunder cone pipes are loud and deep and sound great
« Last Edit: November 09, 2002, 10:40:49 PM by Bopper »

Bopper

• 03 screamin eagle road king / 03 bourget chopper
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2002, 10:44:30 PM »

what kind of price are they selling them for where you live ? in mn. they get 32k for them . or you can take 1000.00 to cancel your order so some one else can buy it.

Lambo11

• FLHRSEI2 OWNER
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 11:08:28 PM »

Thanks for the info I’ll pick a copy.  As for price T+L and title $30,456.24 out the door.

One other thing, I did order the bike 3 years ago.... and have order about 15 bikes over the last 20 years from them...

BOPPER, I looked at the thundercone pipes, whats the part number of the one's you have and what did they cost you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2002, 10:39:12 AM by Lambo11 »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2002, 06:47:53 PM »

cant speak for the 03 but i have vance and hines slip-ons on my 02 with an SE high flow air kit and SE chip and love the combo.  ;D

Andyatlas

• Live to Ride!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2002, 10:43:04 PM »

Have an 02 FLHRSEi, am thinking about putting V&H Pro-Pipe on.  Has anyone put one on yet?  If so what do you think of it?
2005 FLHTCI 95in-Loving it
2005 FLTRI 103 in-Traded
2002 FLHRSEI-Taded
2002 Deuce 95 in-Traded

hflp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2002, 01:02:08 AM »

I've been notified of ship date of 12/26.  Have been waiting two months so far.  Can't sleep.  Different dealers in KS are charging different amounts--from list to 5K over.  Mine is charging list--I've purchased from him before and put 100% down.  Can't sleep.

In spite of all the chrome, I've added the following:

front wheel spacers chrome
billet mount aileron highway pegs
chopped matched tour pack
tour pack and saddle bag spoiler lights
lay down license bracket
chrome wind deflector
chrome air baffle
chrome seat bolt washer
chrome EFI fuel fitting cover
chrome oil temp readout
chrome tailight cover
halogen passing lamp kit
fog lamp kit (engine guard above & inside of highway pegs--wiring internal)
Chrome Harley Horn (air)
34 tooth front drive pulley (2900 rpm @ 80 mph)
High flow K&N and chip

I wasn't planning to change the pipes--my dealer says the SE pipes for '03 are the least restrictive ever and that I wouldn't notice any difference---think he's wrong?
For what it's worth I want the deepest sound possible.  Let me know.    Can't sleep!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2002, 09:07:49 AM »

I wasn't planning to change the pipes--my dealer says the SE pipes for '03 are the least restrictive ever and that I wouldn't notice any difference---think he's wrong?

in my opinon if the the stock pipes are so free flowing wouldnt they have to include the air kit and chip from the factory [smiley=nixweiss.gif].

i have never heard of a fatory setup that flows as good as aftermarket.

i'm happy with my V&H slip-ons they have a good sound to them.  if you plan on changing more than just the mufflers talk to your dealer a friend of mine put a V&H 2-1 HS pro pipe on his RK classic and the chip couldnt handle the flow rate and he was running way too lean. now he either needs to replace his pipes or get a power-commander that can be custom mapped.

from your shopping list sound like your gonna have on sweet ride [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Lambo11

• FLHRSEI2 OWNER
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2002, 10:35:46 PM »

I agree with naitram, you have a couple of good up-grade choices, V&H or the HD SE high flow, but if your going to open up air flow you can gain a lot by adding pipes, and if you do that, well ad the chip for a complete package.  Every HD I have owned I have done just that.  One other thing I did talk to my dealer, and I’ve been going to them for almost 20 years (the same services guy for the last 10) and he did recommend just that.  Pipes, Air and a chip up grade, gain of 8-10 HP.  

Bill

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 05:47:44 PM »

the service manager at my shop is adamant about the chip going hand in hand with the air cleaner and not the pipes.  That is, he says, you can change your pipes without changing the chip--but you cannot change to a high flow cleaner without changing the chip.  I said to him, if the pipes restrict flow or the reversion wave moves to a "bad" place in the pipes due to the increased cleaner flow, won't it maybe burn a little richer and blue the pipes.  He said, in all the factory schools, behind closed doors, they will tell you that the pipes are gonna blue regardless, and that's why they make shields.  Furthermore, he says, you are talking about two SE products (twin brothers)  ---   both "essentially" restriction free.  The Touring pipes simply have a bit of fiberglass in them to make them a little quieter than the SE performance pipe so the cruising crowd won't get headaches.  He said they take a little fiberglass out of them to make them louder and label them "performance" and people immediately go out and spend an extra almost 400--which is what Harley wants. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]     I've never cut them apart so I do not know.

IndySE

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2002, 11:03:06 PM »

What is involved in changing the air flow?  I've put in (at the recommendation of the dealer) a K&N air filter.  Is that the same thing you all are talking about?  Or is there more to it?

Like others here - I'm looking for a louder and deeper sound.  Classic Harley.  But I've been advised that to change the chip or would be to start at a standard Road King and would loose the uniqueness of the SE.

Confused.  When you all talk about the "chip" are you refering to the ECM?  

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Bill

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2002, 06:18:02 PM »

I have never had my hands on this "chip", but it is a part of the ECM (Electronic Control Module) which is the brain behind your EFI.  The chip I am talking about is a set of calibration settings specifically designed to tell your brain (ECM) to operate the approximately 27 different EFI parameters in a way that matches up with what's on your motor.  So anytime you change something significant---air cleaner, cam, bore, etc. --you need to rechip.  But nobody is going to be doing that in the near future, because the race tuner that is out now for $120.00 is going to obsolete the chip business.  With the race tuner, you plug in your lap top and change one or more of the parameters (eg., timing advance--can even make front and rear cylinders light off at different position of stroke, and can even control fuel/air ratio to each cylinder separately--can run the front cylinder richer than the rear!) and go for a test drive--right on your laptop, followed by a real test drive to get a feel for the laptop results.  Then come back and change something else.  The number of parameter setting combinations is close to infinite.  Then when you make a hardware change on your bike you can start all over again!---------The value of the chips is Harley has already done all the simulations and is telling you these are the EFI ECM parameters you need for a given set of hardware.  That's why your 103" SE with a high flow (that's your K & N) filter requires a different chip---you made a significant hardware change.  In other words, unless you really are a wrencher, and are going to continue to play with hardware options beyond an air cleaner and pipes, you won't need a race tuner.  

IndySE

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2002, 10:10:32 PM »

So Bill,  if I understand you right, putting on an K&N air filter and some Vance & Hines or other slip-ons - I likey will not need to reprogram or get the performance chip?

I'm not opposed to getting the chip and hooking it up to a laptop and setting up the software to the parameters HD suggests.

But if it is not needed - all the better.

Dan

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2002, 03:35:03 PM »

from what i understood talking to my dealer if you increase air flow in you absolutley must have the chip done. the bikes already run lean from the factory for cleaner emissions. if you dont want the dealer to load the SE code then you need to buy a power-commander that you can program yourself or a hyperspeed that self adjusts

Bill

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2002, 11:14:39 AM »

Wow, fellas, I must have covered too much ground in one shot.  If I wasn't clear the first time around, I apologize.  Increasing air in absolutely requires rechipping, as Naitram says.  What does not require rechipping is going from one relatively unrestrictive pipe to another even less restrictive pipe.

You do not need your laptop for a new chip install done by the dealer.  Your laptop is part of the picture only if you buy the race tuner software and connectors.  And you do not need to do that unless you are planning down the road to do more than your air cleaner, or if you have to know that you are getting 109 HP instead of 108 and have lots of play time.

Andyatlas

• Live to Ride!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2002, 07:27:14 PM »

........" if you have to know that you are getting 109 HP instead of 108 and have lots of play time. "

I don't need to know if I'm getting 108 or 109 HP, but rather what combination will get me to that range without losing reliability or costing me my left arm.

Has anyone Dyno'd there bike after making the modifications mentioned on this page?
2005 FLHTCI 95in-Loving it
2005 FLTRI 103 in-Traded
2002 FLHRSEI-Taded
2002 Deuce 95 in-Traded

ScreamingBull

• 02   FLHRSEI  
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2002, 07:41:34 PM »

[smiley=beerchug.gif]
The 03 FLHRSEI as some difference with the 02 the main one is the engine 103 instead of 95 ci
steel breaded oil line
adjustable crank device for the back rest
Sport tour pack with the matching color ( I tried to order one for my 02 no awnser yet from HD)
I also added
SE High Flow Kit
Se muffler's
SE clutch kit
Samson Pipe ( No cross over)
Kuryakin neck cover
HD Chrome 1.4 starter
The bike still at the shop 9 (Sniffffff, Snifffffffffff  argggggggg!!!) even if believe it or not we can still riding in Alberta incredible I know, no snow good weather   god must love us

And1Cleve03

• There's something about the 103
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2003, 05:07:06 PM »

I just purchased an 03 eagle had halogen pasing lamps put on and screamin eagle slip-ons, the dealer reccommended the performance ones has anyone else used these pipes before.  I had hookers on me 02 road king classic. (like a throaty sound deep sound). would like to widen the rear tire any advise ???

mfgreen

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2003, 11:34:27 AM »

Customer service at H-D can email a comparative graph to you which shows stock 103ci vs Stage 1 race tuning. The corrected torque and horsepower measured at the rear wheel on a Dynojet chassis Dynamometer.  The technicians at the local dealerships seem too have issues with the laptop programmable chip and warranty. Additionally they have a problem with 2 into1 pipes for this model as well as a larger throttle body.
It appears that the torque improves (7-8lb-ft) at a slightly higher rpm(4100) and the horsepower peaks at about 92 at 55-5600rpm.

serk2003

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2003, 05:53:24 PM »

Well my bike is back after a major up-grade:

1) Zippers Air Cleaned             Part #162-295
2) New Heads CNC                  Part#16934-02A
3) Roller Rocker Arms K            Part#17378-98  
4) Quick Install Pushrods         Part#17997-99A
5) Compression Kit             Part # 29298-02
6) Back plate Carb               Part#29443-99
7) SE EFI Tuner System       Part#32107-01
8) Bassani Tour Mufflers       Part#BX-101HO
9) Bassani Header Pipes       Part#BX-115
10) Gear Drive Cam             Part#HQ-0033-G
11) Cam Gear Drive             Part#SS-335163

The heads have been ported and bench flowed with 2.00 intakes

I have very good MAP data and every day I gather moor and send it off to my mechanic for his evaluation.  I have only had to make two changes to the MAP and she seems to be running great!  I will have a Dyno done after I get 1000 miles  

H-D_Tech

• Proper combinations and tuning are where it's at.
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2003, 04:32:56 AM »

i added thundercone pipes on my,and also rev tech d.f.o and the air cleaner kit what a diff. .you can look in the new hot bike mag.  ;they have a good spread on the screamin eagle 03.  p.s. thunder cone pipes are loud and deep and sound great

You couldn't pay me to add a DFO.  It uses crimp on trailer connectors to pierce the wires in the main harness for the fuel injectors.  The strands that do not get cut are then open to corrosion.  Keep in mind that these wires are responsible for firing the injectors in milliseconds.    They also have you wire in  to your tail light circuit to power the system.  Also, the DFO simply affects entire sections of the map.  When you change pipes, etc, the entire volumetric efficiency table of the engine changes.  This requires cell by cell remapping which this product is incapable of.   :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 01:07:26 PM by H-D_Tech »

H-D_Tech

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2003, 01:09:28 PM »

Wow, fellas, I must have covered too much ground in one shot.  If I wasn't clear the first time around, I apologize.  Increasing air in absolutely requires rechipping, as Naitram says.  What does not require rechipping is going from one relatively unrestrictive pipe to another even less restrictive pipe.

Going to a less restrictive pipe changes airflow and is responsible for many, many driveability problems on fuel injected vehicles.  The Delphi system is better at accepting exhaust than the earlier fuel injection system - it masks many lean areas at idle, but the bike is still lean and SHOULD ALWAYS be mapped accordingly.  I challenge anyone who says that they do not need to be remapped to prove it by using an emissions analyzer.  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 02:02:30 PM by H-D_Tech »

H-D_Tech

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2003, 02:04:56 PM »

Customer service at H-D can email a comparative graph to you which shows stock 103ci vs Stage 1 race tuning.  

Why would you waste time and money calling H-D to ask them to send you something that is in the Parts and Accessory books at every dealer?  It's also available here at Harley's website.  There is a link to the Dyno chart.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524447507071&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302319503&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302319503&bmUID=1056823613933&bmLocale=en_US
[smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 02:07:52 PM by H-D_Tech »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 11:00:57 AM »

Second thread ever! ::)

Now the first 3 are at the top! ;)

Check it out, off topic from the beginning, even in the early days! ;D ;D ;D

(How's that for not right Brian?)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »

Second thread ever! ::)

Now the first 3 are at the top! ;)

Check it out, off topic from the beginning, even in the early days! ;D ;D ;D

(How's that for not right Brian?)

Hoist! 8)

I've heard the stories and read the PMs, but now I see for myself. :nervous: :D ;D

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 21 queries.