Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Need directions or pictures with instructions for passing lamp implacement  (Read 18981 times)

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4

Thanks, The grommets were 1/4" which would fit in a 3/8" hole. It surprised me how thick the metal was when I drilled. The light kit comes with two vinyl tubes for the wires. I used those and with 4 wires in each tube the 1/4" grommet was tight. I am figuring a better seal that way. It might get a little tricky if I ever have to take them out again for some reason but like I said, It looks good.
Keep your knees to the breeze

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08

Put on the calendar. With other things to do, saved it to word document w/ pic. thanks for the tip
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

SPIDERMAN

Can y'all imagine that Bubba_T's got a set of these beautiful Billet Brkts and the spots and directionals I GAVE him and they're sitting in his BSR's closet in Mississippi instead of out here being mounted on his 03 SERK while we redo it ? 

How bout everybody who reads this sending Bubba_T a PM tellin him to get off his ass and  " get er done "

B b

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5

They're different. There's no space between the B's. ::) ;D

Hoist! 8)

Sorry Spiderman!  :P Howie used it once when he replied to one of my posts, and I just sorta picked up on it.  ::) I'll try to think up somethin else so you can have it back. No need to change anything on accounta me!  ;D ;D

B b

BikerBoy  :) :) 8)
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• SPIARTSgraphics

I purchase my 08 serk in October and wanted to add passing lamps. The styling of the bike is great as is, but I wanted lamps. The dealers depressed me with all of their jumbo can and cannot. Before, I own an 01 Ultra and I added everything possible to it myself.  So it was time to use my ingenuity. I went to J&P Cycle's catalog and purchase two of the cheap $20+ oval spot lights, painted the casing to match the dark blue on the bike and found a gray wire with plug in the headlamp chassis located on the right side. It is the wire for the right accessory switch. Dealers were nice enough to show me the light kits mention. the rest I figured out myself.  I set the lights on the engine guards and ran the wires to the frame neck. The bike maintains the sportier look and the spot lamps looking awesome come on with the right switch. You have a great looking machine keep your features. It would be better if you had a look at the bike. I was waiting on better photos before I post, I will post several peeps to nights until I get better photos. Look for Jcarl08
[/quote]
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member

My only thought is that the lights you have are probably set to dispurse the flow of light horizontally in a wide band of light.  You have them mounted on an angle and I'm questioning the effectiveness of them on that angle.

Have you tried them yet?  Do they still fan the light beam out into the shoulders of the road, as in deer spotters?

Just thought I'd mention it.

They do look nice though.  Great job.

:) :) :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

I will have to admit, what a brillant idea. Overcome any and all obstacles, do not take NO for an answer. However, I have one question? Is the light facing the wrong way or can you adjust it. How do perform at high speeds, any difference with performance. I know the wind deflector at 10-20 mphs makes my bike shake its head every once and awhile? 

Bottom line curious minds want to know.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member

I will have to admit, what a brillant idea. Overcome any and all obstacles, do not take NO for an answer. However, I have one question? Is the light facing the wrong way or can you adjust it. How do perform at high speeds, any difference with performance. I know the wind deflector at 10-20 mphs makes my bike shake its head every once and awhile? 

Bottom line curious minds want to know.

I'm not sure how or what to say, but the spot lights on the handlebars I believe are actually speakers pointed towards the rider.

The driving lights are little lights mounted just at the curve coming up from the footrest on the engine bar (crash bars in the old days).  They seem to be mounted on an angle slightly and that's what prompted my questions about the light patterns.

Hope this helps and I have it correct.

??? ??? ??? ???
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

thanks that makes it so much clearer.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

Re: Need directions or pictures with instructions for passing lamp implacement
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »

Old topic but thanks for the ideas!
Since posting pictures and changing avitars has thoroughly kicked my butt, here is a link to how it turned out.
 :nixweiss:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=5879

RETIRED! :fireman:

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 07:24:44 AM »

Well Lzyboy and Brassspike you guys are keeping the thread alive, let it roll.  Your spotters look great and I was all most persuaded to do the same, but I want to see more of the road surface and the high spotters was not enough light for me.  As you can tell, the slanted spots are gone. They worked great.  The light spread was broad and position on the road where the front tires were headed. So why remove them?
The service department drops a chemical on the right lamp and damage the paint. I ask, what was it, and they said, WHAT?  We could not have done that.  So, I bought the Harley brands, which were the ones I wanted at first, and PARTS said are not for those engine guards. I, kept a few inches of the pads and use Bond Doe liquid rubber to fabricate the opposite side. The low light is great. Why H-D does not come up with something easier and more expensive for the serks’s on those engine guard I do not understand. I enjoy looking at that headlamp out there alone like an eagle’s beak.
Keep It Safe.  ;D
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:45 PM »

I am glad I could help. I am thinking about changing my set up as well. All the driving I do back and forth through the dessert I need more light. Thinking about LED myself. Its worth the $$. Deer and other animals make you think while going 80 to 90mph on I-10.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.