Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60

Author Topic: Cybil II, My New and Improved ‘07B FLHRSE3TQ  (Read 126422 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Cybil II, My New and Improved ‘07B FLHRSE3TQ
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »

Thanks Candy! I've been screaming that while riding, all day long!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Could hear you all the way over here in Ohio.  Glad you are back riding again with Cybil.  I bet Binx is too..    :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 11:53:21 AM »

Could hear you all the way over here in Ohio.  Glad you are back riding again with Cybil.  I bet Binx is too..    :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Bob! :2vrolijk_21:

Yeap, she is. And only for one reason, I'm happy again now, instead of being tortured by my bike's repair. It was evident to her last night, when something happened that she expected me to flip out a little from. I just let it roll off, and pretty much ignored it and went about my business. That's when she realized what this process did to me and my personlity, and what having my bikes right means to me. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »

Howie, your motor soap opera is of course extreme.  And an extreme set of circumstances.   You completely understand that it could have been handled differently than it was.  But at the time it was still early in the entire 110 fiasco and I'm not sure anyone was fully appreciating just how problematic they were going to be.  So it was hard to avoid falling in to the incremental trap that you did.

When considering everything else you've done to Cybil and whether or not you'd buy it again, however, Cybil isn't that much different than quite a few other bikes around here.  You added a nice seat.  You bought a tour pak and changed some bags.  Added a mini-fairing for some gauges.  Certainly going over the top for the audio package still in front of you.  But audio has been added or changed to many a bike.

All tolled, discounting the engine stuff from the equation, Cybil's handling won't have been that much different than many other bikes.  That all the relatively common changes and upgrades are happening all in one place in relatively short order might be a bit different.  But the bike has been down so what not use that down time to sort it out all out and acqure the bits?  Can't ride it anyway so may as well mess with it.

Cybil has certainly been a soap opera.  Not even entirely of her own making.  But most of her upgrades and changes aren't unique to Cybil.  Others have and will do similar things.  So doing those things again when considering "would you buy it if you knew then what you know now" seems kind of a no-brainer.  If you want to make it a really cool tricked out RK setup as well as it can be for the open road you're damn right you'd do it all over again :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »

Thanks Bob! :2vrolijk_21:

Yeap, she is. And only for one reason, I'm happy again now, instead of being tortured by my bike's repair. It was evident to her last night, when something happened that she expected me to flip out a little from. I just let it roll off, and pretty much ignored it and went about my business. That's when she realized what this process did to me and my personlity, and what having my bikes right means to me. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Oh yeah, definitely outrode any normal fuel capacity with that girl.  She's a keeper :drink: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »

Howie, your motor soap opera is of course extreme.  And an extreme set of circumstances.   You completely understand that it could have been handled differently than it was.  But at the time it was still early in the entire 110 fiasco and I'm not sure anyone was fully appreciating just how problematic they were going to be.  So it was hard to avoid falling in to the incremental trap that you did.

When considering everything else you've done to Cybil and whether or not you'd buy it again, however, Cybil isn't that much different than quite a few other bikes around here.  You added a nice seat.  You bought a tour pak and changed some bags.  Added a mini-fairing for some gauges.  Certainly going over the top for the audio package still in front of you.  But audio has been added or changed to many a bike.

All tolled, discounting the engine stuff from the equation, Cybil's handling won't have been that much different than many other bikes.  That all the relatively common changes and upgrades are happening all in one place in relatively short order might be a bit different.  But the bike has been down so what not use that down time to sort it out all out and acqure the bits?  Can't ride it anyway so may as well mess with it.

Cybil has certainly been a soap opera.  Not even entirely of her own making.  But most of her upgrades and changes aren't unique to Cybil.  Others have and will do similar things.  So doing those things again when considering "would you buy it if you knew then what you know now" seems kind of a no-brainer.  If you want to make it a really cool tricked out RK setup as well as it can be for the open road you're damn right you'd do it all over again :2vrolijk_21: .

She sure is Don!!! :2vrolijk_21: :-* :-* :-*

That's the way I look at it too Don. But for some reason it's perceived as over-the-top to some. There's no way I have more into my bike than many others here to get it the way I want it. Making it your own is what it's all about. I just went public with it. And a big mouth NYer probably gets some negative reaction, just because, and me especially. No biggie. It's gotten better since 9/11. But there's still that NYC stigma with some folks. I'm used to that chit. But all it is a a slightly modified SERK3 with a real motor in it. Nothing too over-the-top! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 12:11:33 PM »

She sure is Don!!! :2vrolijk_21: :-* :-* :-*

That's the way I look at it too Don. But for some reason it's perceived as over-the-top to some. There's no way I have more into my bike than many others here to get it the way I want it. Making it your own is what it's all about. I just went public with it. And a big mouth NYer probably gets some negative reaction, just because, and me especially. No biggie. It's gotten better since 9/11. But there's still that NYC stigma with some folks. I'm used to that chit. But all it is a a slightly modified SERK3 with a real motor in it. Nothing too over-the-top! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Probably more noticeable with Cybil also because it at least seemed so compressed.  And you do obsess a bit so nothing goes without mention :huepfenlol2: .

But you're completely right.  If you take out the motor parade that was both unfortunate but in many ways unavoidable Cybil isn't doing anything many other bikes haven't or won't in some way or another. 

You weren't the only nor even the first Road King to get hard bags.  I've got more stuck in my audio upgrades than Cybil will (and I don't even listen to it half the time).  A billion and seven of us have got Corbin seats.  Three million and ten have done something with gauges.  At least 10 or 20 thousand have now done suspension and/or brake upgrades of some kind.  And anyone that hasn't changed handlebars to make them fit the rider if need be for comfort/safety just doesn't know what the hell they're doing when they buy a motorcycle.  So you take out the motor fiasco and Cybil is, well, pretty normal for this crowd.... 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 12:25:28 PM »

Probably more noticeable with Cybil also because it at least seemed so compressed.  And you do obsess a bit so nothing goes without mention :huepfenlol2: .

But you're completely right.  If you take out the motor parade that was both unfortunate but in many ways unavoidable Cybil isn't doing anything many other bikes haven't or won't in some way or another. 

You weren't the only nor even the first Road King to get hard bags.  I've got more stuck in my audio upgrades than Cybil will (and I don't even listen to it half the time).  A billion and seven of us have got Corbin seats.  Three million and ten have done something with gauges.  At least 10 or 20 thousand have now done suspension and/or brake upgrades of some kind.  And anyone that hasn't changed handlebars to make them fit the rider if need be for comfort/safety just doesn't know what the hell they're doing when they buy a motorcycle.  So you take out the motor fiasco and Cybil is, well, pretty normal for this crowd....

She is. Now her owner, that's a whole 'nuther story!!! ::) :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »

She is. Now her owner, that's a whole 'nuther story!!! ::) :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

See, just because I love ya man I'd taken that out as the last sentence before hitting send (and I knew it'd be funnier when you wrote it yourself :huepfenlol2: ).

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »

See, just because I love ya man I'd taken that out as the last sentence before hitting send (and I knew it'd be funnier when you wrote it yourself :huepfenlol2: ).

Thanks Don. Well, at least ya know damn well that I know it too! And I like it!!! ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »

Looked like rain all morning. Sun just popped thru a little, and it's 57 deg! See ya! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »

Looked like rain all morning. Sun just popped thru a little, and it's 57 deg! See ya! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Here, just rain so far.....

And 41 degrees. 

Yuck.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »

This is too warm too early....60's better, 70's ok but pushin 90 in mid march?
Side note: Mets kicked the crap outta the spindlebeaks....Mets fans were worth it...
Weather for West Palm Beach, FL
Add to iGoogle
86°F
Cloudy
Wind: SW at 18 mph
Humidity: 49%
Sat

86°F | 67°F
Sun

87°F | 66°F
Mon

78°F | 66°F
Tue

79°F | 70°F

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 04:30:22 PM »

HEY Miker,  hold up your right hand,,,  now fold down the two fingers on each side. now look in a mirror.  :huepfenlol2:

I left that weather behind to come home on Monday to 2 feet of snow and temps in the 20's.  at least now it's in the low 40's. but still way too wet and salty out to ride.(everythings starting to melt)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:33:53 PM by harleyteam »

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »

Sounds like you have had a fun day out on the "Cybilator" Howie. Hope you had a great day.

Weather here is still ch**, bike stayed in the garage and I went and shot some clays. Same tomorrow I think.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 04:37:50 PM »

Miker,
It hit 96 in Austin Texas yesterday. It is getting hot early this year.
 :divers009:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.