Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Howdy, I'm the proud Papa of a new SERK  (Read 777 times)

cuttinhorse

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Copper Head Road Qween
Howdy, I'm the proud Papa of a new SERK
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »

Hi to all……I picked up my 08 SERK last night at a dealer 100 miles from my house. The ride home was real nice. I enjoyed all the sensations of that first ride on a new bike.

My first powered 2 wheeler was a Rupp mini-bike my dad bought for me to ride on the ranch I grew up on and I fell in love with 2 wheels and a throttle. I rode dirt bikes on our ranch all through HS and started street riding after military service. This is my first Harley. I’ve always been mostly into duel purpose bikes I could ride on street and on the ranch but I did ride a Honda 1800cc Valk for a couple years.

The RK is really fun to ride and the only complaint I have is the handlebar angle. I broke my wrist a few weeks ago busting a colt and the angle of the bars is a little off for comfort but I’ll see if it gets better as the wrist heals.

I read as much as I could on the 110ci motor before I bought. I was a little put off by all the reports of head gasket leaks and such. A friend of mine put it into perspective for me though. He wrote down all the motorcycles, pickup trucks and wife’s cars that we have owned in last 10 years and did research on them on the internet and showed me that each one was supported by an internet forum like this one and every single forum was stuffed full of folks who had nothing much good to say about the vehicle. He also pointed out that a typical forum has a very tiny percent of participants relative to the number of vehicles sold and his opinion is that it is much more likely for folks to get on a forum and air out frustrations than those who stay quiet and are just looking for good information.  If I have a problem, so be it………it wont be the first or last.

I bought a 6 year unlimited mile, $25 deductable warranty for $1200.

I can’t think of anything much I will modify on my bike. It sounds real good to me. I am used to keeping the mufflers on my bikes quiet though because I ride them around horses all the time. I paid a lot of jack to get the screaming motor and I’m happy with the power.

I hope to meet some of you sometime. Maybe I’ll start going to some cruiser get togethers.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Howdy, I'm the proud Papa of a new SERK
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »

cuttinhorse ,   
Please only one thread per subject. Makes it easier to follow and all posts can be made in one thread. Thanks. 

All additional posts on this subject can be made here - New SERK rider sayin howdy in the  New Member Introduction board.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.