Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: APE HANGERS  (Read 16980 times)

rswitzerjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
APE HANGERS
« on: October 04, 2005, 01:45:28 AM »

I'm wanting to put a set of Ape's on my 03 S/E Roadking... The only thing is I cannot find a set dimmpled on the left hand side for the hydro. clutch resivor.... I bought a set of burly bars for internal wiring and took them to a well known machine shop but they were not able to help put the dimple on the left side successfully... However those bars are no longer any good. If you know of anyone who makes 16-18 inch Ape's for the hydro. clutch and internal wiring please let me know....  
                                                                                 Thanks, Ronnie

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
Re: APE HANGERS
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »

These guys will do it for you. The extra cost is only $25. If you look at the top of the page, the 4th sentence mentions the hyd. clutch.

HYDRAULIC CLUTCH? WILD 1 CHUBBYS

rswitzerjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:16:59 PM »

Thanks Laker....
 I've called and placed my order already.....
    You were a great help

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 03:49:01 PM »

You're welcome. Glad it worked out.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 08:47:10 AM »

I have the 16 inch burley apes and they fit perfect on my 03'  good luck
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 08:47:45 AM by droc »
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 02:51:57 PM »

Hope all you guys puttin apes on your SERKs are using a one piece clamp on the risers.The two piece clamps give you a real spongy drifty feel which is the front end trying to catch up to what your hands want it to do.

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 07:24:07 AM »

I have the 16 inch burley apes and they fit perfect on my 03'
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 08:47:05 PM »

New risers with a one peice clamp,  and I pinned the bars to the clamp so they can not twist in the clamp. and yes had to extend everything.
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 04:04:18 PM »

I know this is gonna sound like I'm talkin down at y'all, but when you extend the wires, cut em in the middle and splice in whatever you need based on the increase in height of your bars ( Stock bars have a 4" rise, so 12" apes would need an 8" section added etc)  That way, if you don't have all the right color wires to use, no problem, your wires will be the same colors on both ends AND you don't have to add new pins and crimp em. Solder the splice, put a small section of shrink tuning over it and when you're all done, shrink tube the whole bundle. By the way, if you have trouble with your wiring and are looking to find the culprit, check the crimps first. Most times these loosen up from assembling and disassembling the connections. Unless you can't solder worth a chit, your splices will probably not be the problem. Extending the brake lines requires a new T below the lower triple tree. The stocker is a one piece so you can't just extend from the junction to the bars, you have to do the whole deal. All this stuff is sold plus 8 or plus 12 or whatever. so just figure as I said above. The whole deal wiil cost you about $700 for parts

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 04:16:32 PM »

also whe you do the slices you should stagger them slightly so that they dont sit on top of each other

should look something like this + = solder connection

---+--------+---------
-----+--------+-------
--------+--------+----
-----------+--------+-
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Mikey

• Senior CVO Member

• Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 09:19:41 AM »

Sounds like good advice on the wiring.
Thanks for the info Spiderman!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 05:07:50 PM »

Hey Naitram Thanks for addin that last little bit. I left that part out That's real important for sure since the wires have to fit inside the bars. Gotta tell you, once you've ridden ocean to ocean with a nice set of apes, you'll wonder why in the hell you rode without em for years as I did. 12" is perfect to me, but I understand that god didn't make us all the same size, Still, the guy that blasted by me in OK with a set of 24 inchers and his hands above his shoulders had me smilin. One nice thing though, when the cops stop him he's already got his hands where they can see em

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 11:11:58 AM »

My question although it may be redundant, I'm deciding between 10 and 12 inch apes.I had 16's on my last bike but I dont want to go that high with these. Here it goes,what type of solid clamp will work and still fit under the chrome trim piece.Next the harness isn't a problem to extend I've done that before,but what length over do I go with for cables use the 12" apes as a benchmark.Do you need to extend cruise control and if so how or is it just a splice like the rest.Spidey said in an earlier post that stock is 4" rise so then I would need 8"over on the cabling but would 6" over work as well so you could get stock over length cables.Also is there anything else I should know before I tackle this,because all my knowledge is on my 99 Fatboy.Any tricks or steps I should take.  Thanks,  Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 12:01:55 PM »

all stock cabeling worked for 10" bars had to re-route throttle a bit but it worked. so for 12" bars you should be able to use stock+2. as for clamps the SERK came with a 1 piece and it fits under the cover so i would htink most any clamp would fit

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 07:18:41 PM »

BigDaddy   I had to do some work on my one piece clamp to get it to find under the riser cover that comes on a SERK with the tach attached. The bolts of the tach hit the clamp so I put some putty on the clamp and pushed the cover down over it to mark where it was hitting. I then drilled the places where the bolts hit just enough to clear and ground down the outer edges of the clamp. It works great and I've got almost 7,000 miles on it since I did the work with no sign of weakness from the clamp. Be careful not to take too much meat off the clamp or you'll defeat the purpose of a single clamp. Also, here's a little tip whenever you take that cover and the narcelle seam strip off.  The screw/nut/washer on the headlight side of the riser cover- - - start it off the bike, leave the two halves of the narcelle loose and slide the cover with the screw/nut/washer into place then tighten the narcelle bolts and then the cover screws. Took me a skinnin my knuckes more than once trying to start that little freakin nut way up inside the narcelle before I figured this out.Also, soapin the tach gasket lets the tach slide in an out easy until you get everything in place and lined up. Let us know how you made out.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 06:50:02 PM »

I'm going with Wild1 12" apes .I will let y'all know how I make out.Naitram,I might be calling for some tech advice mid wrench if thats cool.   Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 09:46:27 PM »

Spider,  you sound like you really know what you are doing.  I've followed the thread and read what was said,  can you give me any more tips for a handlebar change?  What about cables,  how do I measure them?  What is heat schrink and where can I get some?  Do handle bars come drilled for internal cables?  Does Play Dough work instaead of putty for checking the clearance in the clamps?????LOL
L&R
By the way,   I love ya BRO!!!!
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 08:49:50 AM »

Spider,
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 08:51:14 AM by BigDaddy1569 »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 08:54:17 AM »

I'm going with Wild1 12" apes .I will let y'all know how I make out.Naitram,I might be calling for some tech advice mid wrench if thats cool.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 09:46:05 AM »

Cool I'll let you know Naitram.  Later,   Q

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 01:44:56 PM »

Newbie Screamin Beagle is a good friend, brother and an ace with anything that relys on electricity. He's evidently been lurking on the site for awhile cause I got a phone call last night ridin me hard about passin on what he showed me to y'all.Since he decided to come out the shadows, I gotta fess up. I am a dodo when it comes to anything electrical. I built a bike from scratch awhile back and the Big Beagle had to wire it for me. OK Bro. I'm outa the closet now. Is this public enough penance for my sins ?  And yeah Play Doh is just great chit Bro especially where I'm gonna put it next - - - - -

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 09:08:57 AM »

also whe you do the slices you should stagger them slightly so that they dont sit on top of each other

[highlight]should look something like this + = solder connection

---+--------+---------
-----+--------+-------
--------+--------+----
-----------+--------+-[/highlight]
I use these little gems when I have any wires to reattach. Solder inside shrink tubing works excellent.
http://proserveelectric.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=334&CFID=54180&CFTOKEN=75805714
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:08:22 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 06:58:04 PM »

Bars are due in with the new cables on the 6th. Keep you posted with progress and pics. Later,Q

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

Q  

PM Screamin Beagle with any questions. He's the Apehanger Man of Dago   ;D

or maybe he's just [highlight]BANANAS[/highlight] [smiley=banana.gif]  [smiley=banana.gif]  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Let us see how they turned out OK ?  ;)

Big Brian

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 09:31:18 AM »

You got it as soon as I can hang em' you will see em'. Later,Q

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 08:54:43 PM »

Q,
    Done lots of em.  Should be straight forward (and the best part is if you don't go too tall,  you don't have to extend the wires,  that's what takes the real time).    BTW,  I grew up in Newington (just south of Hartford).  I bailed 20 years ago.......ridin' season's too freakin short (and before you say anything,  I had a set of tires with little spikes in em with one of those "snorkle" coats)....Bitch is,  at stop lights,  glasses fog and then freeze.  Let me know if you need any help.....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Mikey

• Senior CVO Member

• Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 09:18:35 PM »

Spiderman,
What size are the bars on the 03 in the picture? What brand and bend and do you like them?
Thanks, Mike

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 09:19:45 PM »

Hey Beagle, Thanks for the offer. This is my third bar swap 2 of which were apes. If I run into any chit i'll post and we will git r done. Later,Q [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 08:44:40 PM »

Mikey,
         Wild One 12 " Chubby's and I love em. There's some better pics of my ride on the Road King Fairing thread  When you get ready to do the work, read the whole thread here on Apes. Should be everything you need to change em out.  ;)

Big Brian

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 08:55:10 AM »

Well I'm still working on the bars all I have left is to put the nacelle back on and bleed the front brakes. They look great but this has been a real pain in the butt working in a cold garage this winter.But as soon as iI finish I'll post some pics.Later,Q

Mikey

• Senior CVO Member

• Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 09:16:36 AM »

Great! Would be helpful to post the cable length and other parts required. Any problems to avoid would help. I plan on chang [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]ing mine soon.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 09:56:12 AM »

Well Mikey the good thing is if you use Wild 1 for your bars they have great tech support. I went with the wo502 12.5 inch apes and used 4" over on brake,throttle and idle and 2" over on clutch and they ll fit perfectly.I used Barnett custom cables for this.Biggest thing is take your time and pay attention as it is a long process.I will update you or you can PM me with your phone and we can discuss further. Later,Q

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 12:14:58 PM »

Mikey, depending on what bars you go with your existing cables may work, 10" apes on mine with no cable swap. ( full lock right there is absolutley no slack in my clutch cable ) with an 03 hydraulic i cant say if you will be able to keep the stock line

Mikey

• Senior CVO Member

• Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 10:01:54 PM »

Thanks for the info guys. I am leaning toward the WO515 10". I just have never been to happy with the stock 03 bars. I am just over thinking the change. I just put HD mini apes on my wifes 05 XL1200C. It came with drag bars and she loves the apes. The only problem is I had a hard time finding any info on that change. Not a lot of Sporters with apes. I ended up with the throtle cables a little short and the clutch and brake a little long. It looks ok but I want my bike perfect.
I should probably mount the bars measure and have custom cables built. My I answered my question! Thanks again. Mike
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2006, 03:37:23 PM »

Well the bars and rebuild are finally done .All I got left is to bleed the brakes and add a couple of pieces of chrome I bought.Then its wait for spring. I'll upload some pics when I get a new camera.(Ol' Lady lost it at Biketoberfest). Later,Q ;D

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »

Well I have some pics of my SERK.They were done with a cheap cam so bear with me.Later,Q
Let me know what y'all think.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:37:53 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2006, 10:34:42 AM »

And another...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:39:38 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 10:35:19 AM »

Yet another...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:39:59 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »

And on and on we go...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:40:19 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2006, 10:36:41 AM »

Oh wait theres still more...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:41:19 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2006, 10:37:30 AM »

I think this is it...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:40:46 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2006, 10:38:22 AM »

Nope ,this is the last hope you like...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:41:42 PM by twolanerider »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2006, 10:49:57 AM »

Q, looks good i'll resize them tonight for you

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2006, 10:52:50 AM »

Thanks Naitram.Will post more when they become available.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2006, 03:34:27 PM »

Well the bars and [highlight]rebuild[/highlight] are finally done .All I got left is to bleed the brakes and add a couple of pieces of chrome I bought.Then its wait for spring. I'll upload some pics when I get a new camera.(Ol' Lady lost it at Biketoberfest). Later,Q ;D

Did you do an engine rebuild, BigDaddy?  

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »

No engine work but I meant the rebuild of the bike meaning putting it all back together in working order.Later,Q

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2006, 04:59:33 PM »

looks like twolane resized them for you

Mikey

• Senior CVO Member

• Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2006, 08:42:52 AM »

Big Daddy,
They look great! Levers are cool also.
Mike [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2006, 11:08:29 AM »

They are Joker Machine.They finish off the front end.Later,Q

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 01:48:22 PM »

Q,

I like the look........much better than stock!

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »

Yes Fatboy you have a point. But if they look hard enough they can catch a glimpse of my studliness. Later,Q

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2006, 11:21:24 PM »

Bigdaddy

Nice look on them bars! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Saw pictures of spiderman's and showed them to a guy that was thinking about trying them but wanted to see what they would look like first. Nice lookin scooter too.

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2006, 10:32:34 AM »

Quick question to those who have swapped to apes.Did you change the rubber vibration bushings under the bar clamp or keep the stock ones.I went to solid bushings on my fatboy and the vibration was ridiculous.On my SERK I kept the stock bushings and I get some flex front to back when I push on the bars.I guess I could have went to a less spongy bushing but I didn't think they would flex as much as they do.LMK.Later,Q

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2006, 10:54:03 AM »

Q,
   Your gonna wind up changing them.  The stock rubber ones won't hold up for long,  and when they go,  it make riding, well let's just VERY interesting. Kinda like riding one of those old excersize bikes with the handle bars that move back and forth.........Get the nylon bushings and deal with a little shake (won't be as bad as the softail,  you got a rubber mounted motor).  I put them in Spidermans bike, and the net result is fine.

_Beagle

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »

Thats what I figured.Here we go again,take it apart.Chit.Thanks Beags

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »

Q,
    At least it's not like taking a starter and left side pipe on and off three freakin times...........whatta pian in the A$$.  We live and learn,   bike is almost done,  Spiderman is coming over this morning to help finish it up......Glad he was here yesterday.  You gotta remember,  I'm the electrical guy......he's built too many of these things from the ground up.....good teacher (and after yesterday,  I'm putting him up for Sainthood).

All the best.....

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2006, 12:17:28 PM »

Well its not to big a deal to take out the headlight remove riser cover and then remove riser bolts with red loctite on them hang bars from ceiling exchange bushings re loctite bolt in reattach riser cover reinstall headlight assembly attach beauty ring and voila its done.oh chit that does sound like a royal pain in the ass.All this without a jack because I lit it on fire and chucked it in the Long Island Sound. Later,Q

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »

I ordered the Alloy Art "Gooden Tight" riser bushings.Should have done it in the first place.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2006, 02:01:05 PM »

kept the stockers when i did my 10's been about 7k miles with no problems

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2006, 04:55:27 PM »

Hey Neal when you sit on your bike can you push the bars back and forth pretty easily with about 2 to 3 inches of travel back and forth?Well not real easy but they do move.LMK. Later,Q

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch at most

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »

got me thinkin about changing them now, where did you order them from and how much $$

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »

Well you can get them anywhere Drag Specialties chit can be ordered.If you want I'll grab you a set and bring em up next weekend.They're about 40 bucks complete.LMK Later,Q

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2006, 07:23:01 PM »

with all of the issues ive got with parts right now i'm not holding my breath for assembly this next weekend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2006, 10:13:53 PM »

the one piece clamp is the key  without it the bars torque in every direction. the neoprene bushings are nice, but folks have been running apes for as long as they've been choppin Harley's without neoprene  do the clamp right and I think the bushings are a matter of feel I like to feel some vibration to be able to detect when something changes cause I am hearing impaired so the stifffer neopren is the way to go for me others can hear every little tick or tock they're bike makes so they can go with the grips soft   tomAto  tomato  if you ask me

Big B

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2006, 07:55:44 AM »

the one piece clamp is the key

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2006, 03:06:48 PM »

Well I swapped out the bushing yesterday.They are alot better and stiffer than the cheap rubber stock ones.Also it was a pain in the ass becaause the busings are taller than stock and you have limited clearance between the nut for the triple clamp(thru the risers) and the frame.I had to hang the bars from the ceiling(old ladys arms were getting tired)remove the top clamp,customize the bolt and nut so the clearance worked and bolt back together.What I thought would be a hour swap took all afternoon.But its done and on to bigger and better things.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 21 queries.