Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: APE HANGERS  (Read 16981 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: APE HANGERS
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 06:50:02 PM »

I'm going with Wild1 12" apes .I will let y'all know how I make out.Naitram,I might be calling for some tech advice mid wrench if thats cool.   Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 09:46:27 PM »

Spider,  you sound like you really know what you are doing.  I've followed the thread and read what was said,  can you give me any more tips for a handlebar change?  What about cables,  how do I measure them?  What is heat schrink and where can I get some?  Do handle bars come drilled for internal cables?  Does Play Dough work instaead of putty for checking the clearance in the clamps?????LOL
L&R
By the way,   I love ya BRO!!!!
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 08:49:50 AM »

Spider,
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 08:51:14 AM by BigDaddy1569 »
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 08:54:17 AM »

I'm going with Wild1 12" apes .I will let y'all know how I make out.Naitram,I might be calling for some tech advice mid wrench if thats cool.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 09:46:05 AM »

Cool I'll let you know Naitram.  Later,   Q

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 01:44:56 PM »

Newbie Screamin Beagle is a good friend, brother and an ace with anything that relys on electricity. He's evidently been lurking on the site for awhile cause I got a phone call last night ridin me hard about passin on what he showed me to y'all.Since he decided to come out the shadows, I gotta fess up. I am a dodo when it comes to anything electrical. I built a bike from scratch awhile back and the Big Beagle had to wire it for me. OK Bro. I'm outa the closet now. Is this public enough penance for my sins ?  And yeah Play Doh is just great chit Bro especially where I'm gonna put it next - - - - -

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 09:08:57 AM »

also whe you do the slices you should stagger them slightly so that they dont sit on top of each other

[highlight]should look something like this + = solder connection

---+--------+---------
-----+--------+-------
--------+--------+----
-----------+--------+-[/highlight]
I use these little gems when I have any wires to reattach. Solder inside shrink tubing works excellent.
http://proserveelectric.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=334&CFID=54180&CFTOKEN=75805714
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:08:22 PM by twolanerider »

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 06:58:04 PM »

Bars are due in with the new cables on the 6th. Keep you posted with progress and pics. Later,Q

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

Q  

PM Screamin Beagle with any questions. He's the Apehanger Man of Dago   ;D

or maybe he's just [highlight]BANANAS[/highlight] [smiley=banana.gif]  [smiley=banana.gif]  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Let us see how they turned out OK ?  ;)

Big Brian

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 09:31:18 AM »

You got it as soon as I can hang em' you will see em'. Later,Q

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 08:54:43 PM »

Q,
    Done lots of em.  Should be straight forward (and the best part is if you don't go too tall,  you don't have to extend the wires,  that's what takes the real time).    BTW,  I grew up in Newington (just south of Hartford).  I bailed 20 years ago.......ridin' season's too freakin short (and before you say anything,  I had a set of tires with little spikes in em with one of those "snorkle" coats)....Bitch is,  at stop lights,  glasses fog and then freeze.  Let me know if you need any help.....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 09:18:35 PM »

Spiderman,
What size are the bars on the 03 in the picture? What brand and bend and do you like them?
Thanks, Mike
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 09:19:45 PM »

Hey Beagle, Thanks for the offer. This is my third bar swap 2 of which were apes. If I run into any chit i'll post and we will git r done. Later,Q [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 08:44:40 PM »

Mikey,
         Wild One 12 " Chubby's and I love em. There's some better pics of my ride on the Road King Fairing thread  When you get ready to do the work, read the whole thread here on Apes. Should be everything you need to change em out.  ;)

Big Brian

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 08:55:10 AM »

Well I'm still working on the bars all I have left is to put the nacelle back on and bleed the front brakes. They look great but this has been a real pain in the butt working in a cold garage this winter.But as soon as iI finish I'll post some pics.Later,Q
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.