Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: db's 2014 CVO Road King  (Read 14563 times)

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
db's 2014 CVO Road King
« on: January 06, 2015, 12:38:48 AM »

There are plenty out there but this one is mine.  Picked it up at the end of November new with 4 miles on it and this is my third HD.  Just a few pics to show as she is now with the list of mods below.  This is pretty much how I ride it most of the time but the windshield will go on sometimes as will the sissy bar if the wife is on.  If anyone has any questions or comments I'd love to hear them via this post or pm and I will respond with what I know with extra pics if need be.  Also, if you have a 14 RK or if you think any pic is worth adding regardless of year, please feel free to show yours.  I don't care if the thread gets hijacked; just like seeing what others do as well which is what makes these forums so great.

**RECENTLY ADDED TOUR PAK**

Mods:

FM Jackpot 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
2009 HD Head Pipe De-catted (for 18mm bungs near heads)
Thundermax
Kuryakyn Aux Light Kit with Blinkers (Upgraded aux lights to LED and used Custom Dynamics LED blinker inserts)
Removed Stock Handlebar Blinkers
Paul Yaffe CVO License Plate
Black Quick Attach Hardware with Magnetic Covers
Black Mid Sissy Bar
Black Latch's for Saddlebags
Heat Demons Grip Warmers
HD 'Get a Grip' Grips in Black
Fork Lock Cover
Black Deep Headlight Ring
Engine Bridge Covers
Highway Mounts with Matching Hwy Pegs
Floor Board Extensions - CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT STYLE FOR SAFETY (See post #33)
Removed Heel Shifter
Lots of Bolt Caps
Removed Fork Reflectors and Seat Strap
Matching King Tour Pak

Might be forgetting something but I'll add it as it comes up.  I don't have any other plans really other than possibly a tour pak around March or April. I never seem to satisfy the hunger for more riding and I'm very much enjoying this ride.  Peace.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:13:15 PM by db252 »

hubbz

• Junior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5 Anniversary #645
Re: db's 2014 CVO Road King
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 05:03:05 AM »

Great looking ride! Congratulations!!!!! I Love Them Road Kings! Thanks for sharing!,,,Enjoy!!!
Dwayne

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
db's 2014 CVO Road King
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »

Looks great db very unique with more black. Do you think you will ever powder coat the lower fork legs or even the wheels? I'm thinking of fitting heat demons. Were they easy to install? I'm in the process of fitting some more bits and have the bike part dismantled for a good clean so will post pics when I have it back together.

Here is one pic from last year. My initials are DB also so I treated myself to a personalised registration (or licence plate as you may call it).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:57:38 AM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:09:05 AM »

Here's mine with black Bassani exhaust.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 08:48:26 AM »

db252, Saw you added floorboard extentions .  Had a friend in Nor-Cal go down making a curve.  floorboard hit the pavement like a down(fixed) kickstand. 6-10k Repair to new street glide . Just An FYI--------------AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 10:56:48 AM »

Great looking ride! Congratulations!!!!! I Love Them Road Kings! Thanks for sharing!,,,Enjoy!!!
Dwayne

Thanks and great ride!!  Seems like lots of us add some type of aux lights.

Looks great db very unique with more black. Do you think you will ever powder coat the lower fork legs or even the wheels? I'm thinking of fitting heat demons. Were they easy to install? I'm in the process of fitting some more bits and have the bike part dismantled for a good clean so will post pics when I have it back together.

Here is one pic from last year. My initials are DB also so I treated myself to a personalised registration (or licence plate as you may call it).

Thanks Bav. No plans to powder coat the lowers or wheels but if you do I would really like to see that. The heat demons are awesome and they have been on all my bikes and my riding buddies have had me put it on theirs also. The install is easy, to me and would be for most, and allows you to use any grips you prefer. They get hot.
LOVE the plate (registration). 

Here's mine with black Bassani exhaust.

Sweet. I considered the black as well. I hate getting caught up in the ' should I do this or that' dilemmas but that's what makes everyone's so unique.

db252, Saw you added floorboard extentions .  Had a friend in Nor-Cal go down making a curve.  floorboard hit the pavement like a down(fixed) kickstand. 6-10k Repair to new street glide . Just An FYI--------------AK

Appreciate the heads up and I am aware. It's not really the floorboard that scrapes although sometimes they do but actually the mounting arms under the floorboards which is actually the real bad part since they don't articulate like the floorboards do. I have scrapes on the mounts and I do evaluate the risk/reward benefits. It's a very valid debate.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 07:37:42 PM »

A different look with more Chrome and 10#apes...
I personally like the mix of black and chrome.

I love that first - all black - picture though... Good Thread. Keep sending pictures everyone!

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 07:40:09 PM »

Another one with lights on. LED mirrors as well...

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »

jpd, I saw your pics back when you first post them and you were an inspiration for me to find some as well.  Mine of course are the Kuryakyn 5029 aux lights.  Here is a shot with the windshield on and lights on.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »

Really nice looking ride.. Stay safe..

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 12:33:13 AM »

jpd, I saw your pics back when you first post them and you were an inspiration for me to find some as well.  Mine of course are the Kuryakyn 5029 aux lights.  Here is a shot with the windshield on and lights on.

Thanks for the picture with lights on db. Looks great!
That is what this forum is all about: share ideas and help everyone make decisions. No right or wrong in any of them.
Love what you did by the way db! Black theme sure looks good.

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 05:04:49 PM »

Love the look of the aux lights and the black headlight ring. Great inspiration.

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 09:33:36 PM »

I got mine in October. Just in time for winter so I can sit in the garage looking at it. I did get to put about 750 miles on it and the new Dragula 2 exhaust with ghost pipe. I thought the exhaust and a good tune was all the bike needed so that's all I've done.  I also removed the reflectors off the fork and installed those custom dynamics led blinker inserts on the front. Like you, I love this ride.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 09:39:30 PM »

A look with the stock exhaust.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 11:03:24 PM »

Love the look of the aux lights and the black headlight ring. Great inspiration.

Thanks. Those of us that added aux lights are enjoying the extra lighting.

I got mine in October. Just in time for winter so I can sit in the garage looking at it. I did get to put about 750 miles on it and the new Dragula 2 exhaust with ghost pipe. I thought the exhaust and a good tune was all the bike needed so that's all I've done.  I also removed the reflectors off the fork and installed those custom dynamics led blinker inserts on the front. Like you, I love this ride.

Super aggressive look to that exhaust. How do you like the sound as I have never heard that brand yet??  These bikes truly don't need anything as most CVO's go but I can never seem to leave them alone but I'm very content for the first 50k miles.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.