Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Back to Monument Valley...  (Read 3207 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Back to Monument Valley...
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:15:41 PM »

Babe and I spent a few days in Monument Valley this past week....a place where words do not need to be spoken....but a picture can speak a thousand words....

The next day I broke the bike out of the back of the toyhauler and went for a ride....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Back to Monument Valley...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:16:23 PM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 10:17:09 PM »

Monument Valley now has a KOA campground right in the valley between the monuments.....Babe taking an afternoon stroll...

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 10:17:42 PM »

Moki Dugway, Utah, just north of Monument Valley is not the place that you want to take your bike.  The sign tells the story and I did have the truck in 4x4....

A couple of views from the top, looking back down on the road that we'd just drove up....

This shot shows some of the switchbacks coming up the side of this mountain....

Back down at the RV park....

West Coast GTG   

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 10:59:19 PM »

That is beautiful country. Thanks for sharing the pictures. We have that on our bucket list. About two years away God willing.

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 07:23:03 AM »

Great views of God's creation, JC...the awe and wonder of it all.

I borrowed a couple for my screen saver rotating picture collage if that's OK.  Most of them are mine but there are a few from others here on the site and it's fun discussing them with coworkers from the ones I took to the ones that are, hopefully, future trips... :2vrolijk_21:

We gotta get to Utah someday... ;D 

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 07:27:34 AM »

Very nice...
Bill

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:31 AM »

We gotta get to Utah someday... ;D

Sounds like a good idea for the next Western GTG!
Care to plan it?,......LOL!

I added the "LOL" because it seems I haven't had much luck getting folks to turn out for the ones I've planned. I get it, folks just have a lot going on and touring loses it's priority.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 08:53:33 AM »

Sounds like a good idea for the next Western GTG!
Care to plan it?,......LOL!

It would be an honor to do so...if'n I knew ANYTHING about Utah other than there are more national parks in that state than any other, there is a great, big salt-ified lake there somewhere and the capital is the same city named after said salt-ified lake... :2vrolijk_21:

...other than that, Mark, as Sgt. Shultz used to say "I know na-think" which would make for a very boring GTG planned by little, old me... ;D

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 01:48:25 PM »

Moki Dugway, Utah, just north of Monument Valley is not the place that you want to take your bike.  The sign tells the story and I did have the truck in 4x4....

A couple of views from the top, looking back down on the road that we'd just drove up....

Bunch of us from Canada have done this a few times from the bottom ip, have never come down though. Would not want to go up or down in wet conditions. Swith backs have some asphalt/pavement rest is gravel. Great pictures.

geezerglide

This shot shows some of the switchbacks coming up the side of this mountain....

Back down at the RV park....

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »

Thanks for sharing sir. Looks like a lot of fun. Are you guys going too make MITM this year?

BigLew

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 07:01:02 PM »

Thanks for sharing sir. Looks like a lot of fun. Are you guys going too make MITM this year?

BigLew

No, we're spending the summer here in Colorado. 

It's exciting here.  We're in a little valley just below several of Colorado's 14ers, at 8,000'.  We arrived day before yesterday and it was 70F and looked like this.....

We woke up this morning and it looked like this....

And RV roofs are certainly not built for this kind of snow load.  So it resulted in a little work for me early this morning....

A slippery mess with a lot of pucker factor but all clear....mission accomplished!

West Coast GTG   

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 11:56:18 PM »

Great pic's.....…. we went that way when going to the MITM in 2017. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 12:03:13 AM »

……… and who says the Moki Dugway isn't for bikes.  Here is Christine heading up the hill on her SEEG a few years back.

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 12:20:04 AM »

Glad we did it.  Don't go if heights, no guard rail, gravel switch-backs bother you  :nervous: .  Do go if you like amazing views and heights, no guard rail, gravel switch-backs don't bother you  :coolblue:.

West Coast GTG   

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 26 queries.