Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Prices Plummeting?  (Read 15077 times)

dailywaves

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2007 Ford F150 Harley-Davidson Edition
Re: Prices Plummeting?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »

Thanks for the warm reception all!  I think this will be a great forum to exchange ideas and discuss HD's - I am excited for this.

Good morning dailywaves,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the others members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques

Jacques - I will get my the New member Intro handled! Along with pics of my 2!!! 

Welcome Jess, great to have another member here that will surely have a wealth of HD knowledge.

What are you doing for work now?  Have you done any mods at all to the DWG2?  I had a 2 and now a 3, really like the entire theme of the bike, steering geometry on the 3 seems better to me for some reason.  Anyway, reading your post made me think of two things.  One, I'm glad to have my DWG3 and two Would you like to move to Washington?  I need a good salesman. :2vrolijk_21:

Work?  I work for an Engineering Consulting company called Synvent (www.synvent.com) - we place and train Engineers and Designers into jobs at HD (and other companies in Wisconsin) for R&D and Manufacturing of the bikes...basically a contract-to-hire scenario - so if you know of anyone looking for a career at HD in Milwaukee that is versed in 3D Modeling (Pro/ENGINEER), Assembly in Manufacturing or Engineering please have them send their resume to jesse.daily@synvent.com - I offer referral bonuses up to $1K and will assure anyone that working at HD is almost as fun as riding their bikes...it truly was a dream come true.  Make sure that they say you sent em!   I have placed over 30 people there in the past 3 years and have a great relationship with the team!

Mods?  Not many, unlike your 3 - the 2 was the only "Blade" that didn't come off the line with the 1550 conversion...  I wonder if that was a reason for the increased performance in steering.  I have ported it, put screaming eagle pipes on  it, trimmed out most of the stock black or aluminum cast surfaces with shiny HD chrome, short sissy bar, small luggage rack, etc...and I am KEEPING the fairing on the headlight   ;D  - I tried several conversions with it off preproduction, and I was unable to get something that "I" liked better.  All in all, its almost exactly the way it came off the floor - I am adamant about keeping only HD product on the bike to retain the long-term value I forsee with it.  There are a couple of dealerships around here that took the 2/3 off the floor, put it in a bubble and have yet to sell it...just sitting on the dream.  Just sitting away in a garage to be auctioned off some day.  Kinda sad in a way.

Move to Washington?  Born and raised in Idaho - I miss the West.  Flatland is very nice, but I miss the freedom of the mountain roads and healthy lifestyle - I would have to be a GREAT job, but I am not opposed to anything.  I absolutely think WA is one of the most beautiful states we have, esp. Belleview.

One HD colleague coined the phrase "this bike is like a parade on wheels" and I definitely agree.

I think the sales brochure had it right, 'This bike looks FAST just sitting still' . . . I too owned a RED Switchblade.
after a trip to York in 2001 and seeing this beauty sitting all around the plant, I returned to my home dealer and said "I have to have one of those", he jst grinned, and said "I'll see what I can do" two months later he said 'Do you still want one of those RED bikes" . . . . ? the only change I made was to install a V&H Pro pipe. I rode this thing from Michigan to Sturgis and then decided that I needed something with more comfort if I was going to make these kinds of trips, I traded it for my Purple FLHRSEI which after 4 years and 70k I traded it for my current FLTRI.
Wish I had kept the dwg2, but at least I had the pleasure of owning one of the best looking bikes the the CVO folks put together.......!

Welcome to a site with a lot of COOL folks and lot's of knowledge.

Willie D. Davidson Jr.

Hi Willie - what's in a name???  ;D  - I took the 2 on a trip to Tomahawk, I definitely agree this bike is not made for the long haul...unless some drastic changes are done (windshield, cruising pegs, etc.) - If I ever do make a trip to Sturgis, I am sure to rent or borrow another model...  CVO as they are, the best around...  Cool and classy -

Added Note: Dad is looking into getting the VRSCDX - anyone have good or bad experiences with this???

Safe Ridin' - Jess
JD - Wisconsin

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 01:56:49 PM »

Hey Jess, welcome aboard! Nice to get some inside insight to HD's thinking. Since you've been involved from the ground floor up, what's your take on HD putting out what's become apparent, an engine that's right on the verge of being a pile of molten aluminum? They can't be liking the situation they're in. Could they not have come up with a better solution than simply just leaning out engines that have been produced as overlean for over 10 years now? Just curious on an insider's take on this. Lot's of great people and ideas here. Take some of the back to the MoCo for us! Enjoy this great site! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 03:30:57 PM »

Hi Willie - what's in a name???    8)

Guess I'm jst lucky ::)  Was born William D. Davidson Jr. back in 42 and knew I would have to own a Harley someday. . . . for the 6 years I spent in the USN 59-65, it was 'Harley'. But now the local chapter have dubbed me Willie, so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I have been ridin' for over 40 yrs, worked and raced for American Honda for about 8 years (dirt) then got tooo old and road Observed Trials for a while, and then got into the road stuff........sure a lot easier on the body  :)

I am coming to West Bend in July for the BMWOA rally, and then do some riding in Door County before going home thru the UP.......sure is nice to have the Lake Express ferry now so we don't have to make the trip thru Chicago..

'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'

WD
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »

Beautiful looking Glide Willie! We don't mistake you for Willie G. I don't think he'd have the nerve to show up here! But I'm sure he's lurking! We're the one's with the good ideas for him to claim as his own! ;) But you never know. He just might show up someday and give us some credit for our years of loyalty and ideas! ::) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »

8) ya hoist, we jst $pend our hard earned ca$h.......and he enjoys it.

I used to run into him down at the races in Springfield (mile) and have a few pictures of us together.
saw him out in Billings,MT last year, but didn't talk to him. He never seems to remember who I am, Dah.

I really enjoy the new RG, Thanks.

WD
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2015 BMW F700GS

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »

8) ya hoist, we jst $pend our hard earned ca$h.......and he enjoys it.

I used to run into him down at the races in Springfield (mile) and have a few pictures of us together.
saw him out in Billings,MT last year, but didn't talk to him. He never seems to remember who I am, Dah.

I really enjoy the new RG, Thanks.

WD

Funny stuff Willie. Maybe they'll send you his paycheck by mistake someday! ;D Good luck with your new RG. It's gorgeous man! :2vrolijk_21: Got the 103 in it yet? ::) Hoist! 8)

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 04:06:50 PM »

Got the 103 in it yet?

Nope, still the TC 88, I am going to leave it stock till the warranty is off, and then see what is going on.
I had a 2008 RG ordered, but decided to keep this one till the MoCo gets the 6sp and motor noise figured out.
too many folks are complaining about Heat and noise. The 6 sp would be nice, but from what I am hearing, it really isn't any good till 75mph, and anymore I don't run that fast, for too long. I like the 50 mpg and 200 mile cruising range.......guess I am gettin' old  ::)
Did the 'ride loud n' proud' thing now I like the 'Quiet' scene.....LMAO

WD
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2015 BMW F700GS

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 04:18:37 PM »

Got the 103 in it yet?

Nope, still the TC 88, I am going to leave it stock till the warranty is off, and then see what is going on.
I had a 2008 RG ordered, but decided to keep this one till the MoCo gets the 6sp and motor noise figured out.
too many folks are complaining about Heat and noise. The 6 sp would be nice, but from what I am hearing, it really isn't any good till 75mph, and anymore I don't run that fast, for too long. I like the 50 mpg and 200 mile cruising range.......guess I am gettin' old  ::)
Did the 'ride loud n' proud' thing now I like the 'Quiet' scene.....LMAO

WD

I gotta tell ya, the 6-speed is great. I have no complaints about that (I even like the 5th gear whine!). Great for breaking a new motor in. You can still do 90-100 on break-in! My friend did the 103 kit on his '07 FLHX and it runs great. Good gas mileage is fine, but not at the expense of the "fun factor"! But you can do it relatively quietly. Can you spell "SPO's"! These are the best touring mufflers I've ever tried! Subtle hint here! ;) Hoist! 8)

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »

Can you spell "SPO's"! These are the best touring mufflers I've ever tried! Subtle hint here!

SPO ? not familar with these. I have SE touring mufflers in the RG w/stageI download & AC.
the bike has 14k on it now, and really am happy with it. After the SERK, I thought I might have to go with a big bore job, but so it is fine for what i do. ;D

WD 8)
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2015 BMW F700GS

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 01:07:52 AM »

Jess, dailywaves, post some pics of the blade if you get the chance.

Thanks for the info and you are right, riding the west is great.  Not sure I know anyone for a job at the MoCo but you never know, the local college has a great design school, Western Washington University.

We'll watch for pics of that red bike :worthless:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 12:06:54 PM »

Can you spell "SPO's"! These are the best touring mufflers I've ever tried! Subtle hint here!

SPO ? not familar with these. I have SE touring mufflers in the RG w/stageI download & AC.
the bike has 14k on it now, and really am happy with it. After the SERK, I thought I might have to go with a big bore job, but so it is fine for what i do. ;D

WD 8)

I saw you said stock in your previous post Willie. That's why I suggested looking at S&S SPO mufflers. But it sounds like you're all set with Stage I. Nevermind! Hoist! 8)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »

I lost quite a bit on mine , but am happy with my 103" FLHX .

I guess it will be another 2 years before I see a FLHXSE
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 24 queries.