Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Road Tech Zumo  (Read 1570 times)

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
Road Tech Zumo
« on: June 24, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »

I usually carry a pair of channel locks to "push the buttons" on my Zumo that came with my CVO RG.   ;D  Just kidding!  It takes, IMHO, EXTREME PRESSURE to get anything done.  Recently I brought it in for lunch with my wife and I!!!  I started the calibration of the display.  I must have "touched" the thing 300 times.

Does this process never end??

I've calibrated touch screen phones many times.  There is usually a finite number of touches required.  BTW, I'm being as gentle, shall we say, as possible with this $^&*(@#!!

Any ideas?  Advice?

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
Re: Road Tech Zumo
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

Went to Garmin.  Downloaded WebUpdater software.  Updated.  Calibrated.  Which actually ended at some point and, BTW, worked.

Thanks for the help.  HA!  ;D

SirNyt

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »

BA, sorry to hear that you had a problem with your Zumo. I use mine all of the time. I even purchased the maps for Europe and the Middle East, as I am currently in Spain and leaving for Ireland tomorrow. My only complaint is MANY of the Harley-Davidson Dealerships are not where they say they are on the GPS. So bad that I called the MoCo from Spain to let them know how much of an issue this is. Hopefully Customer Dis-Service will sincerely look into this and get it corrected. I made some suggestions that I thought would be very logical like having each of their regional Reps confirm the GPS coordinates for every dealership in their area, they are supposed to be visiting them aren't they???
Ride Safe.

Jackhd

• Full CVO Member
  • many happy miles ahead
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 09:59:52 PM »

Used mine for the 1st time after charging it at home . Next day used it for 2 hrs. and said battery was low. this is not normal should say battery charging while on bike if too low right????   2011 cvo FLTRUSE

III

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:14 PM »

If you have it on the factory dock it should stay charged. Mine didn't work either when I picked up my bike. Took it back to the dealer and they said the harness from the Zumo dock had not been plugged in from the Moco.  :(   Just tried my XM this past weekend and it's not working either.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.