Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle license endorsments  (Read 4998 times)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
Motorcycle license endorsments
« on: January 14, 2004, 06:44:09 PM »

I just got my Motorcycle license endorsments on my Texas license.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 06:45:03 PM by cabo »
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Motorcycle license endorsments
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 08:51:53 PM »

Cabo the score right now is 3-0 ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 08:35:28 AM »

i did it the leagel way decide i wanted to get a bike got my mortorcycle permit. bought a bike learned to ride the went for my license test
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

ashcraft

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 12:29:42 PM »

had a m/c license since about 1975. cheated and took it on a honda 175 street bike. examiner laughed, said I looked like I was stealing the bike it was so small. Glad I don't have to take it again.
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 11:34:46 PM »

Had it since I was 16. Interested to see if any other states have similair laws. In Iowa you can pass your written test and get a motorcycle permit at 14. Then you ride within site and hearing distance of a (motorcycle) licensed individual, even if the accompanying individual is in a car. My son got his at 14, my wife would follow him in the car and was stopped numerous times and questioned as to why he was riding without a license, alone, then my wife would proceed to pull over also and enter the conversation. Never had an officer do the stop that was familiar with the law, the stop would take 15 minutes or longer before the cop found someone who knew the law and would let them go on their way. Looking back it was  fun screwing with the system. Anyone else have similar license laws.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 09:49:25 AM »

WOW from the vote looks like I was the last remaining holdout....
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

rturn2mow

• HOG
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 11:27:38 PM »

Got mine. I took the experienced rider course for certification. In Florida you can get a "temp" before the final test. With that you are not supposed to ride at night or carry a passenger. In all my infinite wisdom I went to take the written test for the temp without reading "the book". I rode the bike I just had bought to the license agency and guess what.....I failed. The State person noticed the helmet and asked me how I planned on getting home since I had no endorsment, too which I said "like this" and ran out the door and took off on the bike, as if they did not have all my info. Went back the next day and passed (there is a 24 hour wait to take test again)
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 01:51:31 AM »

Got mine. I took the experienced rider course for certification. In Florida you can get a "temp" before the final test. With that you are not supposed to ride at night or carry a passenger. In all my infinite wisdom I went to take the written test for the temp without reading "the book". I rode the bike I just had bought to the license agency and guess what.....I failed. The State person noticed the helmet and asked me how I planned on getting home since I had no endorsment, too which I said "like this" and ran out the door and took off on the bike, as if they did not have all my info.

So did running out work..Im assuming so...

they never ask how you how you got the bike there to take the test...it is obvious that most rode illeagally to get to the test
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 01:53:01 AM by cabo »
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

rturn2mow

• HOG
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 11:28:23 AM »

Yeah, what she was basically was telling me was to not even consider walking out the door and getting on my bike to ride home since I had not passed the test  >:(. But I figured I was younger, much thinner and faster  [smiley=1syellow1.gif] than her. I am sure alot of people in Florida ride to go get their temp. Sorry I didnt make it clear that to get your temp here, you only need to take a written test. Then with that you are supposed to practice and then ake the skills test or take an ERC within a certain time period. I do not think you need a temp to take the Beginners course.
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 07:58:05 PM »

Signed up for the state MSF course as soon as I decided to ride--put on wait list. Signed up for private outfit MSF course and checked ASAP--they called me at the end of that very week with a cancellation. Took course on Honda 250 and had a ball. Passed course and the following Monday went right over to DMV and had endorsement put on my License. Basically I was shocked that I was now allowed to go out into traffic after having driven around a big parking lot for two days having never left 2nd gear (Not following directions, I went all the way to 4th gear once). Had a talk with one of the instructors about the woman who was killed at the Harley MSF course. Although he said that was a freak occurance, he admitted that many new riders go from the course right into accidents. He strongly advised me to dig into the Proficient Motorcycling--Mastering the Ride books by David Hough--I did.      

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
MC endorsement
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 10:52:59 PM »

Got 'Grandfathered in'.  Was riding way before NC decided to implement a mc endorsement req'ment.  Oldern-dirt.   Har!    [smiley=shifty.gif]     spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 11:08:35 PM »

The drivers test here is a royal pain.  Lots of cones in an itty bitty space.  Guys on real bikes sometimes borrow toy bikes to take the exam with because it's tough to pass on a heavyweight motorcycle.  I really don't remember how many years ago I took (same test for years and years and years) but I remember that Ipassed it with surprisingly little to spare on an FL.  And it was a bike I'd been riding for quite some time.

hd2003-se2005

Re: MC endorsement
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 11:55:47 AM »

Got 'Grandfathered in'.  Was riding way before NC decided to implement a mc endorsement req'ment.  Oldern-dirt.   Har!    [smiley=shifty.gif]     spyder

Never really felt "oldern-dirt"
but got grandfathered in also.
Thanks Spyder

I REMAIN "oldern-dirt" HD2003

[smiley=cry2.gif]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 11:56:12 AM by hd2003-se2005 »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 01:38:24 PM »

Got 'Grandfathered in'.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 01:50:33 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, spyder,

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.