Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Chat room?  (Read 4919 times)

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Chat room?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 10:01:10 PM »

I agree with Laker and spydglide.  The info here is to valuable to be lost in a chat room.  Besides, my keyboarding skills suck!

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 10:09:05 PM »

Dont fix it if its not broke.
                                                  Otis
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 10:46:48 PM »

I preferred the Chat Room in the lobby of the Jonathon Creek Inn!

Let's meet more to chat in person!

/Bill

OK, OK, OK,

When I finish this post I'm gonna change my vote.
What Bill wrote above is the most compelling reason to skip the chat room.
A chat room would be fun but also a pain in the a$$ to control.

WFP nailed it. Lets get together more! I met people this past weekend that have impressed the hell out of me. Would that happen in a chat room. NOPE!

Let's meet soon in the middle of the country. That way Don,  M.White and Brian will not have so far to go. I'm ready, what are we waiting on.

Hell, maybe JCZ will be there. Or even Kng, wearing Tater's pants will show!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

And as I modify this post I have to say,
2008 Presidential candidate elect "OTIS" has the second best point!
Right on OTIS!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 10:50:18 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 11:09:58 PM »

My only concern....the abundant knowledge and information shared would not be stored in the appropriate post. I think the reason so many people (including me) truly value this site is that they can always view previous posts and come up with a solution/answer to their question or problem. If that info is directed and subsequently lost to the chat room, I believe the overall value of the site would be compromised. My .02

Ditto

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 06:14:33 AM »

Very good point Laker!.......By the way, the thought occured to me......a chat room just for you and Tater.  We could have a new Forum titled "Entertainment" where the rest of us could just come and watch. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

I like that JCZ. That is so funny.  I think I must need an education. This is the only forum
I have ever spent but a brief moment at and I have never been in a chat room. I usually hate looking at a monitor after the day is done in the office.  This site has such valuable information for me about my bike and the people are so very nice that I wanted to hang out a little more.

I had assumed that chat is just a little more right now, a little more not an education but a conversation so that if you talked about the race or the sports game or your favorite cage or beverage it all goes. Since I have never participated, I don't see what the reluctance is.  Maybe my vote should be that I am not educated enough to vote.  But then, maybe I am just folding and going with the crowd.  Is it really such a bad thing? ..... Seems like some of you who are way more web savvy than I find that it is too emotional and even if there are “playing well in the sandbox rules”, they get broken too easily.  I talk in the threads like I am talking to you anyway, so maybe for my style it does not matter.  Gotta go to werk, I will check in here later to see what others are thinking, I kept my vote yes for now..... cause it seems like it just might be a thread for all off topics.  If it was really a hateful place to go though, I would not like it.

And I am all for meeting again to chat, that was a lot of fun.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 08:26:45 AM »

The danger of adding a chatroom is;

1. It could become elitist in favour of the old crown and discourage new members
2. If technical issues get discussed then we lose the benefit of sharing the information

Some people have Yahoo accounts and could do the same thing with that.
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 12:31:02 PM »

everyone seems to be turning against it so I will try to add a positive spin on it. Offering more features on this website is likely to attract more people to hang around and participate in all aspects offering all of us more information, it would also potentially offer us a real time answers to issues when we are looking for them for example last night I just didn't know weather to serve red or white kool-aid at diner and a chat room would have surely had the answers I needed and my children probably wouldn't have left home so abruptly as they did... [smiley=worthless.gif]

just my 2 cents
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2005, 03:50:46 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, naitram,
 Having little or no experience in the intricate workings of Cyber Space, coupled with the information posted herein, I must rescind my vote of confidence for the Chat Room.  Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2005, 03:33:16 AM »

Use the Private Message option if you would like to chat. This site I have found the most valuable on what's real about our bikes v/s what Harley D dealer tend to make us believe. This group of us on line sharing tech talks and experiences of what's good, what's not, what works, what doesn't, what's cool and new from Harley D or from other suppliers is priceless. Planning rides so we can meet in person is where we can chat and have the fun to share with all. My .02 cents. - in Canadian, that's $5.00.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2005, 08:55:43 PM »

I think that there is good and bad in the idea of a chat room available for this site.  

We're all grown ups and probably know how to turn the tv off when we don't like what we see so we can probably do the same with a chat room if someone gets out of hand.
I WOULD like the immediacy of having a knowledgable person on the other end soo that I can more fully explore this issue that I am discussing at that moment than what is available with posts and PM's..

The other issue is the lost information that runs through the chat room and never makes it to a thread...  I suppose it could be set up so that it was convenient to cut and paste important/technical stuff into a generic thread to be sorted and dropped into an appropriate thread at a later time by enterprising/interested folks...

My guess is that the chat room would be used more socially than anything else, and that could prove to be a LOT of fun...  (Since my job keeps me wired in for all but the shortest of vacations, I will probably not get a chance to converse with most of you folks unless I happen to see you at Sturgis in '06, which took freakin' four years to set up...)

Either way is good for me...   I like the library aspect of the threaded posts, and I also like the benefits of an online chat room...

I voted yes on the chat room, but I promise not to file any lawsuits or hang myself if one doesn't show up tommorrow...  
                                           (I'll just quietly sit in my corner and whimper.......) [smiley=givemebeer.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.