Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: What shall we call the CVO version of HOG?  (Read 6897 times)

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
What shall we call the CVO version of HOG?
« on: May 12, 2005, 04:52:10 PM »

***NEWSFLASH***

Wallmart have been sucessful in secretive discussions to buy Harley Davidson Inc. Wallmart announced today that it has plans to double profits by making the company more customer focussed. An early move towards their new customer focus is demonstated as they announced;

"We are to start a new elite group (a kind of HOG on steroids) to represent a growing band of CVO bike owners. Members from the website, http://www.flhrsei.org , will be given the freedom to elect the name."

Vote away, Guys!
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: What shall we call the CVO version of HOG?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 07:01:37 PM »

Tony,

What's in the water over there??????? You NEED to get your bike back and do some riding! [smiley=laugh.gif]

Cabin fever has set in! Start or in this case STOP drinking so many fluids. [smiley=drink.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 08:56:53 PM »

Yea, as Hubbard would say........Uhh, Errr......I'm not sure that's the approach that we want to take if we ever expect HD to get behind it.

We may want to start out by asking if there is interest in it and then asking for ideas for the names.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 01:03:56 AM »

Looking at CVO history, in 2000 they produced the Screaming Eagle Road Glide and it was the first bike they designated as such (in 1999 they had FXR2 & 3) Since then they have used "Screaming Eagle" as part of the model name on the RG and RK. They didn't use it for the FX models until 2003. And to think I used to hate History in school...guess they were teaching us about the wrong things. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 01:48:59 AM »

Just to flesh this out a bit how about some insight from someone far more conversant on the history of the CVO line than am I (whomever you might be).

At the beginning were the names Screamin' Eagle (as in Screamin Eagle Road Glide or Screamin Eagle Electra Glide, for examples) were as synonymous with the CVO prodoction bikes as it is today.  If an interest really does exist to think about a group or club name just want to make sure it doesn't cut someone out unnecessarily buy not remembering the early bikes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 01:55:36 AM »

From the several PMs I've gotten now asking for the York gift shop's phone number it seems like the club jacket might be that nylon jacket with "Vehicle Operations" already embroidered on it that a few of us have bought there.  We're gonna need a patch though dammit.  And condoms.  Embroidered condoms sewn to match the stitching on the jackets.  Then the real tough guys could get a little patch made up that would be an analogue to the "I rode mine" rally patches for their condoms.  They'd put it right under the stitching and it'd say "I wore mine."  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 01:56:20 AM by twolanerider »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 06:29:24 AM »

From the several PMs I've gotten now asking for the York gift shop's phone number it seems like the club jacket might be that nylon jacket with "Vehicle Operations" already embroidered on it that a few of us have bought there.  We're gonna need a patch though dammit.  And condoms.  Embroidered condoms sewn to match the stitching on the jackets.  Then the real tough guys could get a little patch made up that would be an analogue to the "I rode mine" rally patches for their condoms.  They'd put it right under the stitching and it'd say "I wore mine."  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

The patch exists...where is the SCREAMIN' CHICKEN patch?

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 10:05:18 AM »

The patch exists...where is the SCREAMIN' CHICKEN patch?../Bill

DJW designed this pretty little thing - http://flhrsei.org/attachments/gathering2a.JPG

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 11:34:57 AM »

DJW designed this pretty little thing - http://flhrsei.org/attachments/gathering2a.JPG

I'm all for the whole Screamin Chicken (Screamin Turkey, Screamin Dodo Bird, etc etc etc) theme.  But the club patch won't need to be event specific.  So it'll need some editing.....  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 03:03:52 PM »

Some funny chit here.  

Twolane, being a rider (vs. a trailerer) you know that if a tough guy is wearning a patch that says "I rode mine" they they're not gonna have condoms hangin on their jacket...........but they might have another patch that says "Real men don't wear rain coats in the shower..........or condoms"!  

Then, of course, while you got the "tough" guys pegged, you forgot about the real soft guys.  There patch will say "I trailered mine".........and of course, that's the patch that'll be attached to the condoms. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 03:58:55 PM »

"Real men don't wear rain coats in the shower..........or condoms"!  

You've been happily married for a long time haven't you JC?  [smiley=7.gif]  Congrats on a good thing.

But it's a different world out there man.  

I'm old enough to remember being in part of my teens when we still thought just about anything caused by bare naked fun could be cured with a trip to the doc and a shot your folks didn't know about.  GRID was what made up the highway system.  Then, OH MY GOD, we thought herpes was actually a big deal.  Herpes became little more than a nuisance that doctors often don't even bother to tell you about as soon as GRID became AIDS and everyone began to know about it.  Pretty much by that time unless you're Star Trekkin (Going Where No Man Has Gone Before) a condom is the order of the day if you have a mind to meet someone outside of your WELL known universe.  I feel bad for kids that have grown up during now two generations when it's just a commonplace accepted fact to know that screwing around can kill your ass.  Has to have taken some of the fun out of being a teenager.  And they don't even know the difference.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 04:02:20 PM »

Then, of course, while you got the "tough" guys pegged, you forgot about the real soft guys.  There patch will say "I trailered mine".........and of course, that's the patch that'll be attached to the condoms. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Huh, what?!? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 04:21:37 PM »

Huh, what?!? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Yes Brian, it's true.  Rally coordinators will now also be in charge of supply the condoms with the event stitching personally hand applied.  Good man  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 04:22:30 PM »

Um, this thread is going a bit downhill....  Isn't it?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 05:01:03 PM »

Um, this thread is going a bit downhill....  Isn't it?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Yup....it sure is, so I thought I would submit my thoughts for a logo/patch...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.