Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Miles covered  (Read 3869 times)

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Miles covered
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 01:17:24 AM »

Have been consitently averaged a little more than 12,000 mile per year but since I have two bikes those miles are now split between the two so it keeps the mileage down on both bikes.  This could have been the case on the bikes that you saw.  I know several guys that got bikes but seldom ride.??

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 07:17:22 AM »

I'm averaging 5k - 6k per year. Having spent the last 8 years 50/50 between Grand Rapids, Michigan and Columbus, Ohio. The shorter riding season reduces riding opportunities and being a trailer weenie when Sturgis, Myrtle Beach or Daytona comes around doesn't help. The trailering isn't always by preffered........somtimes its weather related or due to time constraints and becomes necessary to even make the trip worthwhile. Also the type of career's I've been involved in do not allow for many days of riding to work, just an occasional Friday 6-8 times per year...........

Now if I was retired, financially independent and living in a climate with a year round riding season I believe I'd rack up around 20k - 30k per year. I don't believe in the bike's being status symbols to me, I consider them my recreational toys and a means of staying connected with a fun bunch of people! I don't like small planes, don't live on a lake or large body of water so boatings out, I stink at golf, no patience for hunting and fishing.......what's left? Beer, boobies and bike's hmmm now there's a combo I can get into! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=helmet.gif] [smiley=pleased.gif] [smiley=skull.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 08:43:46 AM »

Lots of these numbers are about what I expected from a group of folks like this.  Seems "normal" enough.  I'm expecting 15k or so on the red bike before cold weather.  Perhaps a bit more than that; but certainly not doubling it or anything.  

Some years I've been on the bike more than that.  Some years a lot more I guess.  Some several years ago I remember counting up miles on different bikes I could remember and realizing I was a fair bit beyond 300k two wheeled miles.  

Must have signed up for something that HOG or the dealerships used to keep track of because for awhile these cute little patches and pins kept showing up that displayed mileage driven.  They seemed a bit silly but I ought to see if they're still around someplace and sew or stick them on something I guess  [smiley=7.gif]

Stopped getting those some time ago though so whatever the program was probably ended.  Since then really don't have a clue what any lifetime total might be.  Could probably come up with a guesstimate if I thought of the bikes between then and now.  But I'd rather go get a soda  [smiley=drink.gif]

you talking about the HOG miles program? you need to register each bike and track the milage yourself, you just need a dealer to singoff on the numbers
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 12:44:14 PM »

you talking about the HOG miles program? you need to register each bike and track the milage yourself, you just need a dealer to singoff on the numbers

Yea Naitram, I think that's it.  I remember a HOG patch now that you mention it.  Either I signed up for it a long enough time ago that I'd forgotten or a long time ago when the local shop did have a really good (consumer oriented) service writer they were doing it for some folks.  

I'd actually guess it was the latter as they used to be really really good about those kinds of things for the regular customers.  They did a great job of just generally "looking out for you" whether you knew it was being done or not.  That's been awhile back though, most places don't seem to have time to be that proactive anymore.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 12:48:29 PM »

what's left? Beer, boobies and bike's hmmm now there's a combo I can get into!

Beverages Boobies and Bikes?  (oh my!)

Goodness, another man that prays at the altar of The Holy Trinity.

(I choose not to believe in hell so please don't tell me I'm going there.  You'll only get a Monty Python-esque flatulence related response in return.  Thankyewveramuch.)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 04:09:49 PM »

Average about 20,000 a year.  In the first year I put  21,700miles on the SEEG.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.