Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: ?? Upgrade to H-D "Premium" Headsets??  (Read 7478 times)

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
Re: ?? Upgrade to H-D "Premium" Headsets??
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 07:30:06 AM »

I've been using edsets for about 4 years now. I have the half helmet setup, using ear buds plugged in. I really like how the mic can be unplugged when I'm riding alone and not using it. The HOG chapter I ride with noticed how much clearer my voice transmissions were the first time I used it. A few have changed over to edsets and they like them also.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »

FWIW:  Received my "EdSets"  speakers yesterday and was able to install them in 1.5 hours.  Took a while as the HD wiring is difficult to work with, to say the least.  They are definitely heavier and better quality than the HDs with better sound quality, esp. bass.  Test ride today and no additional volume but it might be because I did not match the polarity of the two speakers. 

I'll talk to Ed tomorrow and get his thoughts before I change the connections.  Not sure whether I can take apart the tiny molex connector or just cut and re solder the Edsets wires.    :nixweiss:

Spoke with Ed and he agreed that if I had mixed up the polarity of the speakers, volume would suffer.  So, I cut the EdSets wires between the speaker and molex connector, switched connections and reattached and tested.  Sure enough, significantly more volume so I re-soldered the connections and covered with heat shrink.  Doen't look that clean but it's hidden in the helmet.  Without foam earplugs, Sirius/XM volume now begins to hurt ears at 3/4 volume so it's definitely an improvement over HD with better dynamic range. I'll road test with earplugs later today.   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »

Thanks for the update.  I think I may look into doing this.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 01:05:40 PM »

Any recent info on the sound quality?  Spoke to Ed today about replacing my old J&M headset with one of his with this new speaker and he implyed there may be an issue with the canbus and pins on the 2014-15 Harleys with his headsets.  Just wondering if I should take that chance with his headsets or just replace my speakers with his, or wait for him to sort it out.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »

I've been using the EdSets for a couple of weeks, now with my HTC, AC-3 Carbon Helmet.  I added ear padding and use the No Noise ear plugs.  The sound is much better.  You need Ed''s lower chord.  My only criticism is the velcro attachment to the helmet.  I can't seem to eliminate the play / movement though it works fine.  A friend has the J&M but I haven't compared them yet.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.