Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heal/ toe shifter for 2003 SE Deuce?  (Read 4688 times)

sklmn1

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHTCI
    • CVO3: 1987 XLH
Heal/ toe shifter for 2003 SE Deuce?
« on: February 12, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »

Anybody put a heal / toe shifter on your Deuce? Any part numbers known? I really like the shifter on my bagger and would like have one on the Duece (easier to get through the gears)
Thanks for any help! Kevin

03DUCE

Re: Heal/ toe shifter for 2003 SE Deuce?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:50:46 PM »

Hello. I'm not sure, but I put an after market kit on my HD Lowrider it came w/ "t/h shifter", running boards and a BAss brake pedal cost was about 4 bills and you have to get a dealer/shop owner to order it. I put it on myself. Was not that hard, but the brake pedal can throw you off the first time...push lightly. I got it through a company named V-twin manufacturing. Hope this helps
03 FXSTDSE,03 RED FXDL

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:18 AM »

wouldnt that be a PITA with the forward controls and footpegs just went and looked at mine and dont think I could handle the heel shift ...but I did think that was going to be the first thing I took off my Roadglide when I got it but love it now didnt take long to get used to it and the top of my shoes/boots stay clean.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:02:00 PM by kiwihog »
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

03DUCE

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »

03 FXSTDSE,03 RED FXDL

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »

Anybody put a heal / toe shifter on your Deuce? Any part numbers known? I really like the shifter on my bagger and would like have one on the Duece (easier to get through the gears)
Thanks for any help! Kevin
I saw this "Heel Hammer Shifter" on a Dyna Wide Glide....it may work on a Softail Deuce..

http://deweyspegs.com/products.html#heelhammer

03DUCE

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:28 AM »

I was not sure if you saw the pic of my lowrider with the aftermarket t/h shifter kit from V-twin manufacturing.Can not put t/h shifter on dynas...they say.
03 FXSTDSE,03 RED FXDL

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »

Just have to put a longer shift shaft on the forwards and get a matching shifter/peg and install it...
I wonder if the touring bikes parts will fit???
As for scuffing up the boots with the single shifter, I found a little trick to stop almost all of that, by simply removing the peg bolt, cleaning up the threads and putting blue loc-tite and then tighten and then back it off until the peg rotates freely and let the loc-tite setup. Mine is round so it rolls on the boot instead of scuffing across it. With flatter ones, instead of rolling, they rotate with the angle of the face of the boot which is much better than fully tightened up shifter peg.
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.