Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: took the deuce out today  (Read 2565 times)

harleycharlie1992

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
took the deuce out today
« on: April 21, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

I don't ride my deuce as much, any more, I have a serg that I love and its just easy to ride, get to carry stuff, and it has become my everyday ride. But, I have the deuce all cleaned up trying to sell it, and the weather was really great here in san diego, so I took it out today for a nice long ride to a few different destinations. What a great bike!!, I found that I had really missed the joy of riding the deuce, the acceleration, nimbleness, and yes, the looks!! everybody stops to look!!People say the deuce is a red headed step child, but gentlemen, (and ladies, just in case!) We drive a really nice bike!!!,  I forgot to appreciate that fact, just thought you all might need a reminder!! Good riding to you!!   

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: took the deuce out today
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »

I don't ride my deuce as much, any more, I have a serg that I love and its just easy to ride, get to carry stuff, and it has become my everyday ride. But, I have the deuce all cleaned up trying to sell it, and the weather was really great here in san diego, so I took it out today for a nice long ride to a few different destinations. What a great bike!!, I found that I had really missed the joy of riding the deuce, the acceleration, nimbleness, and yes, the looks!! everybody stops to look!!People say the deuce is a red headed step child, but gentlemen, (and ladies, just in case!) We drive a really nice bike!!!,  I forgot to appreciate that fact, just thought you all might need a reminder!! Good riding to you!!   

Glad to hear you enjoyed your ride and got reacquainted with your long lost love!
You have two beautiful bikes that allow you to enjoy completely different feels when riding them... Keep them both!  :2vrolijk_21:
Only thing better than owning a CVO is owning two!
 ;D
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:07:42 AM »

I don't ride my deuce as much, any more, I have a serg that I love and its just easy to ride, get to carry stuff, and it has become my everyday ride. But, I have the deuce all cleaned up trying to sell it, and the weather was really great here in san diego, so I took it out today for a nice long ride to a few different destinations. What a great bike!!, I found that I had really missed the joy of riding the deuce, the acceleration, nimbleness, and yes, the looks!! everybody stops to look!!People say the deuce is a red headed step child, but gentlemen, (and ladies, just in case!) We drive a really nice bike!!!,  I forgot to appreciate that fact, just thought you all might need a reminder!! Good riding to you!!  

I miss mine sometimes too!! However my RG is everthing that the SED isn't, plus it has alot of what the Duece provides. Mine was an '03, which didn't come with as much nice stuff as the 04, hyd. clutch, fat rear tire, etc... I am sure that my RG is faster on a strip and probably on the street as well... Of course the money spent on the RG could have made the SED a rocket too....
 Good luck on your sale as it is one h@(( of a bike!
But yes it was a fun bike that was a great toy, the RG is also fun, but more of a tool and not as much a toy for me.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:10:33 AM by petewerner »
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

harleycharlie1992

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »

did you sell yours? how much did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »

Had my wife's '04 SED out a few times this year. They are a nice ride and real lookers! You've taken yours to an entirely new level tho! Would love to have it in the stable.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.