Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Removing a Catalytic Converter form 09 CVO Road Glide  (Read 180607 times)

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
Re: Removing a Catalytic Converter form 09 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #285 on: January 06, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »

See what you guys have done, when I bought mine in 07 they were $14.78

Can still get that price if you want to buy 20
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:29:30 PM by JP »

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2009, 12:31:17 AM »

If id had a crystal ball I would have bought them all

Zipper104

« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2009, 03:52:59 AM »

I just saw a post where a guy was selling a tool to remove the cats on '09s over at HDF.  There's a pic as well.   Z

http://hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/306446-09-catylitic-converter-removal-tool.html

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2009, 03:57:19 AM »

Somebody needs to go over there and put a post showing how cheap you can get these bits.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2009, 07:46:24 AM »

Somebody needs to go over there and put a post showing how cheap you can get these bits.

This is a good example of why CVOHarley is an awesome discussion board.  We are a community of people that are helping each other, not trying to make a couple of bucks off of our fellow riders.  I'm sure glad I found this site and am proud to be a member. 

:bananarock:

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »

This is a good example of why CVOHarley is an awesome discussion board.  We are a community of people that are helping each other, not trying to make a couple of bucks off of our fellow riders.  I'm sure glad I found this site and am proud to be a member. 

:bananarock:

I second what Jim just said.....It's saved me thousands upon thousands of dollars, hours of time and frustration, and have met some really great people here...that you can't put  a price on !.....Greg
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:21:15 AM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2009, 08:15:13 AM »

I second what Jim just said.....It's saved my thousands upon thousands of dollars, hours of time and frustration, and have met some really great people here...that you can't put  a price on that!.....Greg

3rd that!! Very good info here.  Thanks to all that makes this site work.  Doc

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2009, 08:24:54 AM »

I had to go back and check that link again.  Looks like he sold it, but at least someone took a quick stab at him.  At least I thought there was the possibility that the next comment may have had some traces of sarcasm.

HDskooter

• CVO1: 2006 CVO ultra Classic / six speed
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO3: 2007 Street Glide / Custom
« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2009, 12:42:13 AM »

Outstanding report
Thanks
HDskooter

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #294 on: January 25, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »

Removing the cat obviously makes a difference in performance.  Guys haven't been removing them for years just for fun.  It is simple physics.  However, instead of me spending more of my time printing, scanning and uploading charts, I think it would be better for you to do your own runs on your own dyno.  Nothing I say or post is as powerful as actually seeing the results first hand.  Experience is a good teacher. 

FWIW, the least destructive way to perform the cat/no-cat test is to buy a 96" header from a dealer or on ebay (they don't have a cat in the header) and do two runs (one stock and one with the 96" header w/OEM mufflers).  It is a bit more work, but you can expand the test by using Fullsac baffles or SE slip-ons.  The dyno sequence would be: 1) Stock run; 2) stock header w/performance exhaust; 3) 96" header with OEM mufflers; 4) 96" header and performance exhaust.   All tests should be performed with the stock ECM basemap (no SERT tune).  Post the charts if you do these runs.  I'm sure a lot of folks would like to see the results. 

Jim, I have the core bit on the way to me.  BUT I also think I found a set of 09 96" stock headers.  I already have Bub 7 muffs.  So either I drill or install the 96" (depending on what I have to pay for them).  I assume the 96" would be more efficient as zero restriction (Cat) is in them vs drilling that leaves some in.  Once I go "Catless" I will then install the SSert and bigger breather, then the dyno runs.  What do you think?
thanks

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2009, 01:05:33 AM »

Please give us a report about the problems or none by mounting this standard-non-cat-header .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2009, 05:30:42 PM »

Please give us a report about the problems or none by mounting this standard-non-cat-header .

There shouldn't be any problems other than needing retuned with the less restrictive pipes.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »

I'll probably go with the SE super tuner (race tuner) unless someone has experience with a proven alternative for the 2009 110's. 

Do your research and I think you will find the TTS Mastertune has quite a few additional features over the Race Tuner.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »

Thanks for the info Steve. Do you have the TTS Mastertune on your bike? Are you able to avoid costly dyno time using the Mastertune?

Yes, I use the Mastertune software on my new 09. As for avoiding costly dyno time? Yes and no. After spending 40k on a new dyno and a sound surpressed and ventilated room to operate it in, I pretty much have all the free dyno time I want. To really answer your question, the V tune does work well for the home tuner. Better yet, If your using my parts, I will give you a base map that's very, very close. We call it "plug and play".

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Loud Couch Rider

• CVO1: 09 SEUC Silver/Blue
« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »

Picked up my bike today.  I had the shop remove the stock 110 cat header and replaced with a 96" , 2009 stock header without any cats inside.  As found Dyno test with the stock cat header was 79.4 hp and 98.7 tq with a SE A/C and Rinehart slip on Eagle Beaks and stock SSERT map (205UJ003).  After the header replacement and dyno tune session results were 93.7 hp and 115 tq.    Sounds about the same, maybe just a bit louder.  Power felt good. 
Also installed Wild 1 Chubby 575 bars.  Did not have to replace any hyd lines for those who will be asking.  The bars feel so much better, both hand position and height. 
Now for some nice riding weather!
2009 CVO Ultra - SE A/C, Stock mufflers w/Fullsac 2", V&H Pw Duals, S.E. 4.0 10.5:1 Pistons, Head work by Rivas V-Twin, Cometic .030, Red Shift 657S Cams.  Dyno 120.7 HP, 125.6 TQ

The hardest part about doing nothing is knowing when you're through!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.