Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Removing a Catalytic Converter form 09 CVO Road Glide  (Read 180615 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: Removing a Catalytic Converter form 09 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2009, 05:21:42 AM »

Is the TTS only working on windows plattform or also on Apple-plattform ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2009, 05:51:30 AM »

According to their website http://mastertune.net/ it is windows based.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2009, 08:42:20 AM »

So Jay, you didn't use the V-tune. I don't think your using the full potential of the system. the map you got from Steve is no more than a stock base map. since you don't live in AZ thats one difference already.
If you do the V-tune, it is set up for your bike and how you ride it.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #318 on: March 11, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »

Just run your Mac in Windows using Boot camp, works like a charm! You will need a USB ----> Serial adapter.

jamesrgarner

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »

This has all so far over my head I can't see high enough to spot the bottom. 

Here's my question - If I change the headers to true duals will I be able to eliminate the CC?  If I remove the CC with it void my warranty? I'd like to keep the stock mufflers, just like the looks of the diameter with the stretched bags, change the baffles to fullsac 2" , and do the stage 1 - with that will I notice much improvement? 

Or, what can I do to increase both hp and torque and not void my warranty?  With all that's been said about problems with the 110 I don't want to cause myself an unnecessary problem down the road. 
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »

Here's my question - If I change the headers to true duals will I be able to eliminate the CC?  If I remove the CC with it void my warranty? I'd like to keep the stock mufflers, just like the looks of the diameter with the stretched bags, change the baffles to fullsac 2" , and do the stage 1 - with that will I notice much improvement? 

Or, what can I do to increase both hp and torque and not void my warranty?  With all that's been said about problems with the 110 I don't want to cause myself an unnecessary problem down the road. 

You would probably be better off getting rid of the cats from your stock exhaust, getting stock exhaust off a 96" motor, or going with the V&H Power Duals, rather than going with true duals.  True duals are not a performance pipe.    The Fullsac 2" and the stage 1 will be good.  I'm no warranty expert, but you are doing the same thing that everybody has been doing for years...changing the exhaust for better performance and sound.  To answer the other question you asked; yes, true duals would eliminate the cc, but probably not the best performancd when you are done.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2009, 03:03:18 AM »

Which problems with the 110 cui do you mean ?

Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2009, 03:11:39 AM »

I'm not sure what you are reading, but I don't know what problems you are talking about either.  There were problems with the 07 and 08, but none for 09.  I can't think of anything that's indicated any type of major problem arising on the 09 engines. 

jamesrgarner

« Reply #323 on: March 14, 2009, 05:40:53 PM »

Jim:
Thanks for the detailed instructions and photographs about removing a CC.  I asked my dealer today about a CC on a SERG and was told that they were only in CA bikes but they will be in all '10 models.  When I told him about your bike he said you either live in CA or somehow bought a CA bike.  I ordered the core bit and have a friend who is going to help me.  I'm also going to add the fullsac 1 3/4 in baffles.  Thanks again for the all the great info.  By the way, I love the color of your bike. 

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #324 on: March 14, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »

cats are in all 09 cvo's and all cali bikes      :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #325 on: March 14, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »

Jim:
Thanks for the detailed instructions and photographs about removing a CC.  I asked my dealer today about a CC on a SERG and was told that they were only in CA bikes but they will be in all '10 models.  When I told him about your bike he said you either live in CA or somehow bought a CA bike.  I ordered the core bit and have a friend who is going to help me.  I'm also going to add the fullsac 1 3/4 in baffles.  Thanks again for the all the great info.  By the way, I love the color of your bike. 

You might want to give Steve @ Fullsac a call BEFORE you tear into your exhaust system: 928-505-2912
He will have some recommendations that may work for you, and save some $$$$ in the process!
Mike
HOGMIKE

jamesrgarner

« Reply #326 on: March 14, 2009, 09:04:03 PM »

Mike:
Thanks for the advice, I'll give him a call Monday.  Spring weather is just around the corner and I'm ready to hit the road and want to get all I can out of my bike without spending a lot of money on mods; this sure looks like a good place to start. 

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »

James,
A core bit won't remove all the catalytic converter, just half of it. There's a thread somewhere on the forum where Steve at Fullsac explains this, posted pics and offers help. If you don't have the tools, I'd recommend removing your header pipes and sending them to Steve. He'll cut them in half, clean out both sides and weld them back up for you. I just did a set yesterday that was core drilled and here's a picture of it right after I cut the header.

jamesrgarner

« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »

Mike:
Thanks for the photo and information.  I'm definately going to call Steve tomorrow.  My only problem is that I hate to have my exhaust off for the long but in the long run I know it will be worth it. 
J

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2009, 10:47:07 AM »

James, why don't you just purchase a non-cat head pipe from HD and swap out the cat header. Much easier than what you propose to do and that way, you have the cat equipped head pipe should you ever have to bring the bike in for emission testing?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 25 queries.