Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: CVO restricted parts purchase  (Read 22001 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: CVO restricted parts purchase
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2009, 08:02:22 AM »

if it say CVO or screamin eagle it's protected. you can always get one of those wanna Be's
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 08:15:50 AM »

Like I said I'll have to wait in the parking lot and stalk the first FXSTSSE2 owner like a good obsessed springer owner would, whada ya think!!
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

stevegoetsch

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

Just got back ordering CVO parts, one dealer gave me the "You need the VIN" , went to next dealer and my parts will be here in a week! no questions asked. :pineapple:

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:18 PM »

That is what my dealer told me when I needed replacement parts on my '03 100th Ann. Ultra.  All I had to do was give them the VIN and they could document that the sale was to the owner of the bike with the restricted part.  Some dealers won't do this looks like.

That reminds me I have 100th Ultra outer fairing, front fender, and some other stuff if anyone has an interest.

Sledge
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »

I had the same issue trying to buy a new air cleaner for my bike. I could buy everything except the logo in the center of the unit which said CVO 110, to get that part I had to have an old part to turn in or a police report which said it was stolen. Other wise the dealer was on the hook for 5K just as your dealer told you...Their justification was that they did not want other people using the CVO parts on non-CVO bikes to make them look like the CVO....Sad but true situation.

This tells me it is a dealer thing and not a MOCO thing. My air cleaner got scratched and I wanted to replace it. I went to my local dealer, went to the parts counter and ordered the cleaner and the center part that says cvo 110. I did not have to turn the old one in. I have both now. I also purchased an extra fairing for my 2010 sg. They never asked for the old one in exchange. I have both. I did have to provide my vin to prove it was my CVO.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:34:51 PM by CUL8R »

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 01:38:57 AM »

I have a 2010 SESG, I swapped out license plate frame assembly to clean up that abortion that the moco put on as stock, only to find an ugly bolt underneath the plate.What I wanted to do was order the CVO emblem that is on Ultra Classics and or Roadglides  so I contacted 2 dealerships and was told the same thing I cant order it as it didn't come on my bike. Now I can understand the CVO verse non CVO restricted parts issue, but mine is a CVO, so what could that possibly hurt? And I was also told sometimes they want the old part back sometimes they don't. Between the 2 bikes I bought from them you'd think the $50 grand sticker prices plus all the other upgrades they'd let you but a stinkin $50 dollar emblem.So I'm going to call the owner of the dealership where I bought the bikes and see if he can pull a string or two, or try to get a vin number off a friends bike and order one that way.
In my case all this to make up for IMHO a lousy design for a license plate light. :'(
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.