Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: 103 builds, recommend big bore kits, best bang for your buck, questions  (Read 19259 times)

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2005 Fatboy CVO Plaitum Mist Slate

So far I have mild cams, air cleaner, tts master tune, vance and Hines short shots, heads are stock. Id like to get in the high 120's Horse power range if possible.  Mainly I'm looking for tried and true builds / advices. What kit to get 110, 124,131. Money is not an issue but always would like to save money where I can.    If the attachment worked heres a pic of the old gal.  Fellas I appreciate all your information. 

Thanks Brandon.

MCE

'm saying a 103 with a decent combination of parts and tune should be close to 120
Like high teens

Matt, and that is without head work?

Head work. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:21:50 AM by MCE Performance »

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold

I would say to get to high 120's your going to have to go to 113 - 117 to get there. Both of which or anything bigger and your going to have to bore the cases. Low 120's for a very reliable 110ci. My experience/my opinion only.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Phaq2

• Junior CVO Member

fellas I'm looking to do a build on my 103.  Its built decent right now it makes 109 HP and 113 foot pounds.  It runs well.  More is always better in my book.  Im looking into big bore kits.  I was wondering what is the best bang for my buck is.  I seen 124 kits up to 131 kits if I'm correct.  what do all you recommend?  I still want it some what streetable as well.  what kind of power do some of this kits make?  If any one has a complete lists with line items so I can do a little research on these on products that would be much appreciated.  Any information is GOOD information thanks again. 

Brandon.

Since you mentioned 124" -131" do yourself a favor...have a repritable builder  build your motor to 124" and get everything you want. That will be your biggest money saver. I did it the hard way. There are a few great engine builders out there. Kendal Johnson, Greg Dahl to name a couple..I suggest Jim Libonati @ Mega Flo. My dyno sheet is on here somewhere. It now has 25k on the motor and I tour with it! Good luck
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:20:16 AM by Phaq2 »

MCE

I would say to get to high 120's your going to have to go to 113 - 117 to get there. Both of which or anything bigger and your going to have to bore the cases. Low 120's for a very reliable 110ci. My experience/my opinion only.

I'll have to respectfully disagree; I've been getting 129/129 out of 110s pretty consistently. (using 103 ACR heads)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:00:15 AM by MCE Performance »

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

So far I have mild cams, air cleaner, tts master tune, vance and Hines short shots, heads are stock. Id like to get in the high 120's Horse power range if possible.  Mainly I'm looking for tried and true builds / advices. What kit to get 110, 124,131. Money is not an issue but always would like to save money where I can.    If the attachment worked heres a pic of the old gal.  Fellas I appreciate all your information. 

Thanks Brandon.
Besides heads I build engines. The pipes will have to go. I can recommend what will get you where you want to be at. Mild head work with a 1.9 valve, added compression and taking your motor up to a 113, case bore required, with your crank reworked would be my approach. It is a softail so a concession needs to be made for that. They are a little down on power vs an A motor.

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

What pipes do you guys recommend that give you the most Power.  Im leaning towards that fuel Moto 110 kit possibly.  still diving into research.  Fellas many thanks again with all the feed back it is very appreciated.   

MCE

If you have time for it, great! (I don't)

There are LOTs of very good engine builders around here. They're factory certified techs running their
own shop or working at dealers.

They do all their own work including tuning. So there's no need for me to be doing it (even if I did have the time).
I used to build them here, but machine work and R&D eats up all my time. I can't even get around to putting my
own engine together, the machine work is done, but it's been sitting in boxes for a year.

Everyone's situation (and preferences) is different. I just don't have the time to be building the motors right now.
(I'll probably get one of my customers to do it)

Cheers now,
-MC

MCE

What pipes do you guys recommend that give you the most Power.  Im leaning towards that fuel Moto 110 kit possibly.  still diving into research.  Fellas many thanks again with all the feed back it is very appreciated.

Do you want to stay with duals? Or is a 2->1 an option?

MCE

A D&D Borezilla works well on 110ci, RB Racing has a good reputation, and Frank Drago makes some nice stuff.
Generally speaking, A 2:1 with stepped, equal length primaries will give you great TQ over a broad RPM range.

There are many good pipes out there.

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

pipe wise it doesn't really matter to me.  Looking for what makes the most..  Looking to dude this little build over winter.  I have a few good minds helping me.  MCE do your recommend the fuel Moto 110 vs the 110 S&S kit.  which is a better quality product?

MCE

pipe wise it doesn't really matter to me.  Looking for what makes the most..  Looking to dude this little build over winter.  I have a few good minds helping me.  MCE do your recommend the fuel Moto 110 vs the 110 S&S kit.  which is a better quality product?

I've only used the S&S kits. One of them has 30,000 miles on it and was still going strong until he
had a valve spring break but it didn't destroy the motor. S&S makes the liners from steel. They're very
durable. Don't know anything about the FM ones.

Hope that helps.
-Matt

ScotW

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

I could be wrong but I believe the FM cylinders are S&S

MCE

I had heard that. I'm pretty sure he's not making them himself. But who knows?

TorqueInc

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

The s&s 110 bolt on cylinders are no longer steel....some form of centrifical cast iron

If you want an honest 130/130 build a 113/117

Last one that left here with a pretty mild cam made 129/141 with a junk eBay Dan Moto pipe
2011 SG Sedona Orange 105" 125/123

www.jwperf.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.