Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How does this build sound for my 19 CVO RG 117?  (Read 1218 times)

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

How does this build sound for my 19 CVO RG 117?
« on: July 31, 2019, 11:03:05 AM »

I was a semi pro road racer for the last 10+ years and have built lots of Jap and Euro bikes for racing, I’m new to HD builds and could use some guidance...I have done some research and came up with this build from different threads and post...  I plan on asking Hillside Motorcycle to complete the build because they are only like 2 hours from my home.. Cylinders bored, CP pistons, RS 468 cam, SS pushrods, lifters, Tappet cuffs, Fullsac X pipe, 2.25 inch Fullsac baffles and tuned with Dyno vision... Does this sound like a decent build? I’m looking for Torque first before High HP,lower in the RPM to mid range... Any positive to negative feedback is welcome... I’m aware of loosing the warranty and do not care... Thanks, Scott
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:04:51 AM by scotman623 »

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: How does this build sound for my 19 CVO RG 117?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:19:37 AM »

My comment will be limited to the baffles.  In general, the larger the baffles, the worse the low-end TQ and the better the HP.  The rule of thumb on FS baffles is that the 2.0" baffles were the best all-around balance of TQ, HP, and sound.

Many people have gone to a 2-into-1 exhaust system to get the louder sound and performance they want.  Maybe someone else will chime in on that.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Tony Smith

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 06:13:58 AM »

I have the 2.25 full sac baffles w/no packing and their header with the Vance & Hines FP3 tuner on my 19 CVO SG. I can attest, she feels quite “open” with great sound.  I’m guessing with a little more back pressure, she’d be a little more snappy at low rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 FLHXSE Black Forest/Wineberry
2017 FLHXSE Black/Orange FOR SALE
2012 FLTRU Black SOLD
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver SOLD
2007 FXSTC Black Cherry/Pewter SOLD
1988 Suzuki Katana 750 SOLD
1994 Kawasaki KX250 SOLD
1974 Honda 500 (crashed and left in a ditch somewhere)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 03:32:45 PM »

I was a semi pro road racer for the last 10+ years and have built lots of Jap and Euro bikes for racing, I’m new to HD builds and could use some guidance...I have done some research and came up with this build from different threads and post...  I plan on asking Hillside Motorcycle to complete the build because they are only like 2 hours from my home.. Cylinders bored, CP pistons, RS 468 cam, SS pushrods, lifters, Tappet cuffs, Fullsac X pipe, 2.25 inch Fullsac baffles and tuned with Dyno vision... Does this sound like a decent build? I’m looking for Torque first before High HP,lower in the RPM to mid range... Any positive to negative feedback is welcome... I’m aware of loosing the warranty and do not care... Thanks, Scott

I’m pretty sure Hillside will do a great job. Be sure you sit down with them and explain EXACTLY how you plan to ride this bike, let them make some recommendations as to the parts list, this ain’t their first rodeo!
Keep us posted how it goes.
 8)
HOGMIKE

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 11:09:31 AM »

UPDATE!! Bike going to Hillside on September 3rd for 128 big bore kit!!! I will keep everyone updated on the before and after numbers..

goop

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 05:59:42 PM »

do not cheap out on doing head work. im not sure if your on a budget but alot of people do big bores and dont do head work. well thats a little dumb. main reason i say that is if you want more power down the road you need to tear your motor back apart to have heavier valve springs installed. just have a street port and polish done with heavier valve springs. the S&S 475 in a 128 will give you lots of low end torque. now with the heavier springs you can install a woods 408 or a 550 cam and be ok just need to have it re dyno tuned
2016 cvo street glide
2019 cvo road glide

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.