Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Problems with 2019 sg  (Read 2436 times)

Biskit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

Problems with 2019 sg
« on: August 22, 2019, 09:35:44 AM »

So I picked up my new 2019 streetglide cvo on Sunday.i put 54 miles on it going home.noticed some rattling when I stopped about half way home.so I get home and try to start the bike but starts and goes dead.i took the fuel cap off and it had a ton of pressure on it.so I let all the pressure out and still just starts and goes dead.i put it on charge and left it for about an hour then it cranks up fine.so the dealer came and got it the next day.they call me and said that it had the wrong fuel cap on it.it needed a vented fuel cap.said it would be a week and half to get the fuel cap.so I told them to over night it.i didn’t want it sitting cause they wouldn’t just get it sent.i asked about the rattling and they said it’s normal for the 117.i traded in a 2019 street glide special and my 114 never rattled.so now I’m worried like crazy this engine is gonna be a problem motor.any suggestions.i only had the bike 2 hours before problems.

Biskit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

Re: Problems with 2019 sg
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 09:38:04 AM »

Here a pic

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 10:14:32 AM »

Don't blame you for being upset. I'd also ask the dealer if the oil pump will be upgraded to the 2020 unit, designed to stop the sumping issue. Harley should make this upgrade to all 17 through 19 M8's. This would be the biggest concern on my mind.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Biskit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 10:49:27 AM »

Yeah the dealer told me they didn’t hear any rattling.but that the 117 is a noisier motor than the 114.they said they checked it all out and the fuel cap is the only problem.i won’t get it back till this weekend so I’ll kniw more then

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 11:38:38 AM »

WOW!!!I guess I’m confused about the wrong gas cap, All the 19 CVO SG come with the exact same gas cap from the factory.. Do they mean faulty cap? My 19 CVO RG was noisy until after 500 miles, as would guess as it breaks in everything loosens up a bit and it runs quieter, my guess... This is the first I have heard about bad or wrong gas cap on this bike, maybe the vent line on the bottom of the tank was pinched or something.. Keep us updated.. Best of luck with the bike moving forward.. Scott

Biskit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 01:51:18 PM »

Thanks.yeah they said it needed a vented cap and the one that was on it wasn’t vented.but I guess I could have just been faulty.i thought the tank had a vent.ive seen where 2017 has a vent running off the tank.im hoping it’s all cleared up and runs great.thats all I’m really worried about.i think it’s a beautiful bike and have been wanting one this color since November.i finally just took the plung.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 10:41:51 PM »

Why wouldn't they take a gas cap from a bike on the showroom floor and put it on yours?  Could it be they know all the gas caps are defective or there is a problem they want to get past a certain amount of time or days before they have to buy it back?
In 09 I bought a new RKC and the top of 1 saddle bag had a defective pattern in the leather. I carried the bag into the dealership and showed the sales manager.  He walked over to a new bike and took off it's bag and traded me. Said there was no reason I should wait for a replacement.
I am on My 5th bike from them. Great people to deal with.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 06:38:31 AM »

Why wouldn't they take a gas cap from a bike on the showroom floor and put it on yours? ......

Exactly.

Also, why would it take about 10 days to get a new one?? And, why wouldn’t they just have it overnighted instead of you having to ask them to? I hope YOU didn’t have to pay for the overnight shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biskit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 07:10:09 AM »

The only other cvo they had was the silver one.i think it takes so long is I was told they don’t order the parts till thursday.then they don’t show up till the following Thursday.and yes I am paying the 20 dollars for the shipping.its really crazy.i don’t trust this dealer at all anymore.when I go today to get it I’m gonna y’all to the store manager and let him know if it’s not rite they better find me another bike.im not sure if it’s true but I had a guy who used to be a manager at a Harley dealer tell me there should be a 72 hour thing where I could bring it back.and said it shouldn’t matter that I signed for it last week cause I only had possetion  of the bike less than 24 hours.im not sure if this is true or not.he also told me that calling and sending a letter to harley would work better than anything.just hoping it’s rite when I get there today.

AJDR^

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »

Do they have another 117 on hand ?  Start both bikes next to each other and see which one makes more noise ? If yours makes significantly more noise, I would push for them to investigate. 

Biskit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »

I am going to suggest that when I get there.

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 11:05:13 AM »

More I think about this situation the more I think something else is going on besides a gas cap!!! Just doesn’t add up!!! Why are you paying for the shipping?? You need to start over and demand more from this dealer, bike less than 24 hours and you are paying shipping on a defective part!!!! DO NOT do this.... Be nice but demand results, you just bought a bike for over 40-45 thousand dollars!!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »

I am going to suggest that when I get there.
When you get there you should tell them to keep the bike... their attitude and lack of customer service doesn't deserve your business/money. It was stated in a previous post if it was a gas cap issue and you hadn't had your bike for 24 hours they should have taken one off another bike on the floor.... if at the time of purchase something was noticed w/the gas cap and would deter a customer from buying that bike you can best believe they would have taken one off another bike to make the sale. On top of that they want to make you pay the expeditated shipping charge... they aren't looking at the big picture... they pay the shipping now and you come back in the future and spend ten times that amount on P/A... dumb move on their part. They screwing you this soon after the sale IMO it's only going to get worse down the road.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »

Sounds like another of those "modern" Harley dealerships, owned and run by a used car dealer.  They should have offered to take a gas cap from a bike in inventory (doesn't have to be chrome or an exact match, it's just temporary) until they could get you the correct cap.  They should have done this anyway, to verify their diagnosis of a defective cap.  Now you are waiting for a cap with the bike sitting in their shop instead of in your possession, and you have no idea if a new cap will actually fix the problem.  No way would I pay for shipping for a warranty part, and if they didn't want to loan you a gas cap until they could get one in I think I would have spoken to the actual dealer, not his flunkies, and suggested he either take care of the problem immediately or give me my money back.  These places are run just like used car lots, once you sign on the dotted line you are nothing to them.

As for the noise problem, AJDR^ gave you the answer.  Insist they bring out another similar bike and compare noise levels to your bike.  The M8 engine is significantly quieter than the old Twin Cams, and it is not "normal" for them to make excessive noise.  This is another sign of the lack of professionalism found in so many Harley shops these days.  Know nothing and do nothing types, just like at those used car lots I mentioned before.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Biskit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »

Well guys I went and picked up the bike.not sure what all they did but they did replace the cap.the bike is running great.no noises like before.no rattling or knocking.no heavy oil smell.im also thinking they might have done something with the compression release.cause now I hear it release and Sunday I was not hearing it.plus the bike is starting allot easier now.to be honest it’s like another bike than the one I rode home Sunday.still crossing my fingers but I’m thinking they got what ever the problem was.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2019, 06:10:33 AM »

"That's normal"   ::) ::) ::)

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 10:04:41 AM »

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 03:20:58 PM »

WOW!!!I guess I’m confused about the wrong gas cap, All the 19 CVO SG come with the exact same gas cap from the factory.. Do they mean faulty cap? My 19 CVO RG was noisy until after 500 miles, as would guess as it breaks in everything loosens up a bit and it runs quieter, my guess... This is the first I have heard about bad or wrong gas cap on this bike, maybe the vent line on the bottom of the tank was pinched or something.. Keep us updated.. Best of luck with the bike moving forward.. Scott

For that matter, why the Hell didn't he take on off another bike and put it on yours? They could then get a cap in and fix the bike on the sales floor? Does nobody know what Customer Service is? I would do this in a heart beat for a customer. It only makes sense. The bike is two hours old for Christ sake..
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 24 queries.