Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does this price sound High for Stage 4 on my 19 CVO RG?  (Read 1249 times)

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Does this price sound High for Stage 4 on my 19 CVO RG?
« on: September 11, 2019, 07:47:06 PM »

I’m planning on having the 128 big bore kit done on my 19 CVO RG this fall !! So today I got thinking and called my H-D dealership and asked them how much for a stage 4 upgrade and I provide the cam, definitely would not use the standard cam it comes with.. I explained that my bike already has the Jackpot header and 2 1/4 Fullsac baffles and dynovision, All I wanted was the stage 4 with my supplied cam done.. I was basically deciding on 128 big bore kit or stage 4 with aftermarket cam.. The service guy called me back and said It will be 4,754.94 for the stage 4 with install and Dyno tune using my power vision , this is the price with 10% off because I bought the bike from them in July... Does this price sound correct? I think for that cost I will just stick with the 128 big bore kit.... Thoughts?? Thanks, Scott

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Does this price sound High for Stage 4 on my 19 CVO RG?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:30:22 PM »

I’m planning on having the 128 big bore kit done on my 19 CVO RG this fall !! So today I got thinking and called my H-D dealership and asked them how much for a stage 4 upgrade and I provide the cam, definitely would not use the standard cam it comes with.. I explained that my bike already has the Jackpot header and 2 1/4 Fullsac baffles and dynovision, All I wanted was the stage 4 with my supplied cam done.. I was basically deciding on 128 big bore kit or stage 4 with aftermarket cam.. The service guy called me back and said It will be 4,754.94 for the stage 4 with install and Dyno tune using my power vision , this is the price with 10% off because I bought the bike from them in July... Does this price sound correct? I think for that cost I will just stick with the 128 big bore kit.... Thoughts?? Thanks, Scott

Doesn’t sound like your normal Harley stage 4 kit.
Add up your parts
Add the hours required ( they get about 100-120 per hour around here)
Tax and incidentals
Will probably give you a ballpark estimate.
Are they going to warranty this?
If so get it in writing, it probably won’t be valid anywhere else.
Keep us posted on your progress
 8)
HOGMIKE

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 08:08:51 AM »

I hope your sitting down. I've just purchased (pick it up on Friday) a 2019 CVO SG and I called my local dealer and they gave me a price of $7500 installed with all their stuff. I told a buddy of mine and he hung up because he was laughing so hard..

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 09:22:57 AM »

Then ask how much is my motor worth as is? The whole motor  :nervous:

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 09:49:06 AM »

MSRP for the Stage 4 kit from HD for your bike is just under 3K, so I'm guessing their charging 16 hours labor @ $120/hr, and since it was installed greater than 60 days from initial purchase, only a parts warranty would be available.

You could use your heads ,S&S or Daytona 128" cylinders, your cam choice ( I like the TTS 200cam & springs), and be way ahead in terms of power and $ spent. Don't forget to upgrade the clutch.

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 11:37:51 AM »

MSRP for the Stage 4 kit from HD for your bike is just under 3K, so I'm guessing their charging 16 hours labor @ $120/hr, and since it was installed greater than 60 days from initial purchase, only a parts warranty would be available.

You could use your heads ,S&S or Daytona 128" cylinders, your cam choice ( I like the TTS 200cam & springs), and be way ahead in terms of power and $ spent. Don't forget to upgrade the clutch.
. Now that sounds like a way better way too go!!! I already have the AIM SDR clutch installed I did last week, very easy install!! Thanks for sharing some better options for me to choose from..

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.