Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)  (Read 37336 times)

Jack

• Full CVO Member
  • thank you Denis Van Orman (DVO)

• CVO1: 07 FXSTSSE Amarillo Gold/Candy Tangerine (1/540) thanks Dude
    • CVO2: 98 Lincoln LSC Ivory Pearlescent (34K)
    • CVO3: 87 Porsche 944 Rose Quartz
For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »

:beatdeadhorse: 

This is the product you wish you heard about twenty years ago,
but has not been out that long.

I have been using oil products for over 50 yrs now, started with
STP back in the mid 60's.

If you have experienced the dreaded 'Starter Grind' due to the
old starter that was replaced in 2008, this is the CURE !

( THERE ARE MANY OTHER PERFORMANCE BENEFITS ! )

I have about 8000 miles & 3 ? seasons with this product.

In the beginning, it helped and I enjoyed the new performance as well:

The container said you can add another application if you feel it needs it.
After the additional application and a few hundred miles the grind went
away permanently.  Did not come back until I went thru an oil chg without
the regular application recently. Got one (1) grind & reapplied, went away.
So you may need it each oil chg to keep it away.

My oil changes are @ 3,500 intervals filter incl.

Walmart $26.++ @ qt.  (2oz per qt in the effected area)

1) 

2) 

http://motorkote.com/

read testimonials here:
http://www.amazon.com/MotorKote-MK-HL32-06-32oz-Hyper-Lubricant/product-reviews/B000EGAM0I/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I have placed it in every 4 cycle engine I own.  Makes my Honda 6.5 hp mower
start much easier........J

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:37:39 PM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
H-D Tribal Mirrors (92410-09)
H-D medium low detachable (round stock) sissy bar
2006 Bobtail fender rack & trans dip stk w/medallion
Jet Scream (air delivery)
10mm SE plug wires
NGK Iridium IX (DCPR9EIX) 2316
Mercury Marine QUICKSILVER 20-W50
MOTORKOTE (petroleum hydrocarbon) in all 3 areas
RED LINE HEAVY SHOCKPROOF
93 Octane
Lyndall "Z" Racing Brake Pads "Gold"
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

Re: For SPRINGERS only ? (MOTORKOTE)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:02:49 PM »

from the MOTORKOTE SITE

Quote: I have been a loyal user of Motorkote since I heard it advertised on America’s Trucking Network (then, the Truckin’ Bozo Radio Network) when I discovered the show in 2004. After hearing how particular the show was about their sponsors and how many of the listeners/callers believed in it, I began using it. It didn’t take long before I had Motorkote in everything from my personal vehicles, my lawn mowers, my farm tractor and it’s equipment, to my 1996 Freightliner tractor and it’s 350 hp CAT engine. Heck, I even use it in the control cables and linkages in the rudder systems on my kayaks. This past week confirmed its value to me.Last Friday, sometime near the end of my return trip on my nightly run from Tulsa, OK to Dallas, TX and back; I began getting odd readings from my oil pressure gauge. I decided to pull over to check it out. As soon as I opened the door, I could see oil on the step. I had LOTS of oil covering the side of my tractor and trailer. The inside of the engine compartment was also drenched in oil. I checked the oil level and discovered it was about two and a half gallons low. I had blown a gasket where the power steering pump is bolted to the engine block and two of the bolts holding the pump on had worked their way loose, apparently caused by the extraordinarily rough US-69 highway through Oklahoma that I travel every night. The engine was really pumping oil out at around 1500 RPM’s, right around the RPM setting I cruise at. Over the weekend, I repaired the problem and re-filled the engine oil to it’s proper level according to the dipstick. I checked the oil before I left on my trip Mon. night and it was normal. I decided to check the oil half way through my run, and this time it showed and overfill condition. Puzzled, I decided to check the oil again later in the run and it showed again too low. I was getting varying dipstick readings that really didn’t make sense to me, but they were within what I felt was an acceptable tolerance on the dipstick. This went on for two more days until today, Thursday.Then I figured it out. One time that I checked the oil, I noticed that the tube that houses the dipstick had worked it’s way loose. This tube was sliding up and down in the engine, as was the dipstick within it, causing the dipstick to read inaccurately. More collateral damage from US-69 in OK. Not knowing where the tube should be, I decided to drain the oil, replace the oil with the proper amount in order to calibrate the position of the dipstick tube so that I would know for sure it was in the right place and also to make sure that I had the proper amount of oil in the crank case. Imagine my surprise when I drained the oil and got LESS THAN TWO GALLONS from the engine! Considering that I had added about two and a half gallons, I figure it was close to empty when I discovered the problem. After I fixed the gasket, I figure that I ran for three nights, close to 1,500 miles, and never grossed below 65,000 pounds at any time, all on about one and three quarters of a gallon of engine oil. My tractor never ran abnormally hot, in spite of our unseasonably warm temperatures this week, and it never missed a beat or made any additional noises.
I instantly took a sample of the engine oil that I drained and went and had an oil analysis ran to see if I had ruined my engine. I was told that there was no significant wear or warning signs showing in the oil. When I was asked how many miles were on the engine, I told him, 1.4 million miles….NO OVERHAUL, or any other internal engine work. He said, “Amazing. We don’t usually see samples that look that good from engines with less than half that many miles.” I really don’t think he believed me, and he had never heard of Motorkote. He has now.

A fellow driver told me that I was lucky. I told him that I wasn’t lucky, I was “Motorkoted.” It’s the next best thing to an insurance policy you can have for your engine. Thank you, Motorkote, for saving my engine this week.

-Nate Free—aka “Hammerhead”

Cherokee Transport, LLC

Inola, OK…
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/printthread.php?t=38350

Quote:
irlrules98
That V-max is an ether based product.....the increases in MPG or power last only for the measured gastank full...you see, the ether evaporates in the crankcase and is breathed in through the PCV system..enhancing power and MPG. The linkite may very well adhere to the parts and decrease wear characteristics...but it does not do all three for extended periods.

The only one I know of that is currently available is Motorkote 100. They do that bearing test versus anything else and routinely win the antifriction battle. Check them out at their website, just search motorkote 100. And yes, I use the stuff as directed, and it does what it says....better MPG, better power but I have not torn anything down to check for the wear part. (Hendrick Motorsports) uses it in their Cup car engines. Unquote

(I do not see any decals for the product on their cars, but you will find Kendrick cars on MOTORKOTE site.......J)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:00:38 AM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »

MOTORKOTE site window testimonials:

Quote:
I have listened to the overnight trucking show on WLW for several years. I enjoyed Dale and Steve Sommers, and more recently your Friday and Saturday night show every weekend. However, I am not a trucker, but a high school principal and owner/operator of Grey Gables Farms located in northern Kentucky. I have several tractors and trucks, all which range between ten and sixty five years old. Recently, I have tried motorkote hyper lubricant in all of the motors, after hearing the advertisements and interviews with “Mr. Motorkote”, Ed Gibbs on WLW.Many times in these older gas and diesel motors I have experienced the engine running hot when pulled hard, and that they are hard to start due to the friction between the aging parts. They tend to “burn” oil and have significant power loss. I am pleased to inform you that since adding motorkote, I have noticed a considerable decrease in the engine operating temperature. I have also had quicker starts, and an increase in power and performance, which frankly in these old motors is amazing!I also have used the fuel optimizer, and can see a significant reduction in fuel consumption especially in the diesel motors. I would highly recommend the use of motorkote products to anyone for any motor use. Heck, I even use it in my

Harley Davidson! I look forward to your new spray product to be available to the public soon, and will no doubt throw away my WD-40 and replace it with Motorkote spray on lubricant.
Sincerely,

Tim W. Hitzfield

Petersburg, KY…
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:35:34 PM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »

Some of you have heard of "BOB IS THE OIL GUY"

What he says about (It) over other products: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=265453
Date code of article: #265439 - 05/11/03 01:41 AM  Motor Kote (works)

Quote:  it is clear that Motorkote reduces friction and increases lubricity, therefore increasing gas mileage and horsepower. David E. Persell, Ph.D. Inventor and President of Motorkote, Inc. says "Motorkote 100® dramatically reduces friction; if you reduce friction you reduce heat; if you reduce heat you reduce wear."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:01:48 PM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »

From Mobil site: https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-v-twin-motorcycle-oil

This Oil is the Best Yet ................
June 6, 2015
4 / 54 / 5
Recommended product
I have a 2015 Street glide special and I was looking for oil for my new Harley . So I called several places and then i called Mobil 1 tech support and I spoke to a tech and the tech assured me that I would be very pleased with this oil . I also asked if i could run the oil in the transmission and primary . The tech checked and said yet . So I picked up the oil and changed the oil my self . I am pleased with Mobil 1 because i already run Mobil 1 in my Corvette . I will only need 1 oil only for ever thanks for the information and great product .

Great oil and runs cooler.
May 17, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I have switched from harley synthetic oil to mobile 1 synthetic. Quieter,runs cooler and cheaper. So much for harleys mark up on their products. I will be changing my softail to mobile 1 also just like my street glide. Thanks mobile 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made a change
May 8, 2015
4 / 54 / 5
Recommended product
I ride a 2013 FXDC and have always used Mobile 1 V Twin 20w-50. This oil is an excellent product but I have decided to try Mobile 1 Racing 0w-50 (not the 4T). The reason for this is all HD`s Twin Cam engines run independent from the clutch or transmission just like a automobile engine without the liquid cooling, so why not take advantage of the "friction modifiers" that are added to the Mobile 1 Racing oil but not present in the Mobile 1 V Twin oil. The fact that you can run Mobile 1 V Twin 20w-50 in all three holes because you need some friction for the clutch to work properly has led me to try the Mobile1 Racing oil for my engine only. I still will be using the V Twin oil for the primary and transmission. Air cooled Twin Cams run hot. These "friction modifiers" should help keep wear and tear down inside my engine better than oil without them.
Please understand, I am not trying to start a debate here. All Mobile 1 products are of excellent quality and the only oil I will ever use. This is just a personal choice that I have decided to make.

Excellent Product
April 16, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I decided to do my own oil change this year, after reading reviews, I chose Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50. I must say it does wonders in quieting down the mechanicals and results in much easier starts. Very pleased with this product and will change one more time just before my ride to Sturgis this year! 2013 FLSTC.

Switched to Mobil 1 at first service!
March 16, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I have a 2013 H-D Ultra Classic with the 103 V-Twin and switched to Mobil 1at the first 1000 mile service. I immediately notice a reduction in engine heat in this air cooled motor and also used on the transmission and primary. Neutral has never been easier and the transmission oil looks like it was never used. Mobil 1 is cheap insurance and I like the convenience of using one oil in "all 3 holes". I keep a spare quart on hand though my bike never needs topped off. I'm a believer and my much cooler bike agrees.

Best Oil Ever For VTwin
January 21, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
I have ran Mobil 1 20W50 in all my bikes. Makes engine run smoother, cooler and more power. Wont use anything but the best in my Ironhorse Slammer. Thanks Mobil 1!!!!

My Harley Engine runs quieter
January 8, 2015
5 / 55 / 5
Recommended product
Switched over to this after initial 500 miles on my 2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide. Immediately noticed the engine ran quieter. Typically these push-rod motors have a lot of mechanical noise. It was noticeably quieter and ran smoother after I switched to the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50.
Also run it in the primary case.

Amsoil test results page: http://www.amsoil.com/performancetestarchives.aspx

A Study of Motorcycle Oils - Second Edition (G2156)
A Study of Motorcycle Oils (G2156)

FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »

Jack, you're talking to yourself ^ .

And while some (most) may have wondered if you had some stake in the product to begin with there is less and less doubt with each passing solo effort.  Also, please don't think more attention will be drawn by some "argument" or debate about your efforts here as, like the newborn babe, I am "outta here."  :drink:

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »

Jack, you're talking to yourself ^ .

And while some (most) may have wondered if you had some stake in the product to begin with there is less and less doubt with each passing solo effort.  Also, please don't think more attention will be drawn by some "argument" or debate about your efforts here as, like the newborn babe, I am "outta here."  :drink:

thanks for the beer dude, coffee was starting to suck  :2vrolijk_09:
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 01:22:07 PM »

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/265453/5
Quote:
Here is what the company emailed to me.

MotorKote contains highly refined Rhein Chemie additives. and no
clorinated, sulfide, molybdenum or halogenated compounds.
It beats all other additives using these mixtures and compounds.

Also try this link for their base compound
http://www.rheinchemie.com/rc.nsf/id/LubricantIndustry_AM_EN?open&cfm=am

http://www.rheinchemie.com/rc.nsf/id/AddAWDia_EN
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »

http://www.rheinchemie.com/lubricant-oil-additives/about-lubricant-additives?lang=en

Included in the information below:
With more than 60 years of experience in development and production, the Lubricant Additives Business Line has in-depth expertise in the area of lubrication additives. It is therefore one of the leading producers worldwide of low-odor high-pressure additives for metal working fluids and is one of the most experienced producers of anti-wear additives.

Quote:
About Lubricant Additives

Under the brand name Additin®, the Lubricants Additive Business Line offers a comprehensive product line of additives and additive packages for industrial lubricants and greases.

Lubricants and lubricating greases are complex functional elements for use in the most varied applications in industry and transportation.

Examples of applications are metal working fluids in component production for the automotive industry, gear and hydraulic oils for the operation of construction machinery and rolling oils for steel production.

The most important functions of lubricants are reducing friction and wear, transporting heat and energy and protecting materials against corrosion. These properties are ensured by a balanced formulation of additives and base oils. In addition to constantly rising demands on the performance and energy efficiency of additives, environmental compatibility and biodegradability play an ever more important role.

With more than 60 years of experience in development and production, the Lubricant Additives Business Line has in-depth expertise in the area of lubrication additives. It is therefore one of the leading producers worldwide of low-odor high-pressure additives for metal working fluids and is one of the most experienced producers of anti-wear additives.

In addition to single additives, ready-formulated additive packages play an important role for end customers. With these high-tech products, the Business Line offers their customers the certainty of being able to cover all technical requirements of the most important international standards and specifications with one single additive package.
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 01:48:27 PM »

I am not without controversy: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=10.400
I HAVE $5000 THAT SAYS I CAN DO IT AGAIN HOIST !

Still being read today with 5908 reads on a thread that was locked up March 15, 2009, 11:09:33 AM
by naitram

Pg 21 of 34:  Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer

Last reply in this thread worth reading:
Sorry Jack I will keep my 100 for my next Vegas trip better odds on slots. I have 19,000 on my 07 and although I haven't tried this I wouldn,t be surprised too have it happen. Not enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I have been crusing along and went WFO and felt the rear tire break loose. My first rear tire was smooth as a baby rear end after 6700 miles tech walked by and asked if that bike so bad you have to run slicks on it? I said nope it so bad it makes slicks. It is the baddest Harley I ever had or ridden and I have had 5 Two 80 inchers with major work! You know what they say a fool and his money will soon be parted.

Thank you to hdhawg1340 for that input from a Newbie no less (back in the day).

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:55:40 AM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 02:24:26 PM »

My point is Gentleman & Ladies,

I have found the Holy Grail of the least expensive Item you can purchase for your Bike,
with the Maximum amount of Effect.  And you can put it in anything else too.

MOTORKOTE will:
Protect your lubricated parts better than anything else available for the money. (Germans, they make good stuff.)
Give you more horsepower.
Give you more fuel economy.
Give you a whole new power band, one that is more useful and user friendly.
Give you a cooler running Bike.

Some people will never put anything in their Oil or elsewhere.  They are usually the first to deny anyone's benefits including Yours !

Some people have no or will soon have no Warranty protection.

Some people have too much money and could care less about the cost effects to others.

$20 for Syn3, are you kidding me, better oil @ half the price out there.

H-D hourly labor rates are not going down people.

I did most all the homework for those who are interested.......J

FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »

Is this a vendor post?  I am kind of confused about the posts. :nixweiss:

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »

Is this a vendor post?  I am kind of confused about the posts. :nixweiss:

No Charles, it is not a vendor thread.  We know it's not because such things are supposed to be self declared and this one was not.  So it can not, possibly, be a vendor thread.  It is, instead, a masturbation thread; i.e., it feels good going on about it all alone so he just keeps right on stroking.  I admire his stamina.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 05:58:33 PM »

No Charles, it is not a vendor thread.  We know it's not because such things are supposed to be self declared and this one was not.  So it can not, possibly, be a vendor thread.  It is, instead, a masturbation thread; i.e., it feels good going on about it all alone so he just keeps right on stroking.  I admire his stamina.

Thank you Don.  I get it now.  Masturbation and lube they go hand and hand (pun intended).  And I thought this thread was about nothing.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 06:05:40 PM »

The Motorkote was all covered in jizzzz
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 06:20:46 PM »

And here I was ready to spend big money on a stage 2 kit and all I really needed was an additive! :orange:
T-MAN 117 kit

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 06:39:32 PM »

And here I was ready to spend big money on a stage 2 kit and all I really needed was an additive! :orange:

.... and the right quad platinum semi synthetic occipital electrode spark plugs.  Get that and you're good to go :2vrolijk_21: .

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

.... and the right quad platinum semi synthetic occipital electrode spark plugs.  Get that and you're good to go :2vrolijk_21: .
  so i gather that guys think motorkote is snake oil  or the best thing since sliced bread?????

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:19:27 PM by LC110 »
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 09:17:23 AM »

Nothing more than a light 20 weight chlorinated paraffin with a little boron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorinated_paraffins

Quote:  CPs are classified as toxic to aquatic organisms, and carcinogenic to rats and mice. SCCPs were categorised in group 2B as possibly carcinogenic to humans from the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). A global ban on SCCPs is being considered under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.

Quote:
Here is what the company emailed to me.

MotorKote contains highly refined Rhein Chemie additives. and no
clorinated, sulfide, molybdenum or halogenated compounds.
It beats all other additives using these mixtures and compounds.

Also try this link for their base compound
http://www.rheinchemie.com/rc.nsf/id/LubricantIndustry_AM_EN?open&cfm=am

http://www.rheinchemie.com/rc.nsf/id/AddAWDia_EN
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 09:25:21 AM »

http://www.rheinchemie.com/lubricant-oil-additives/about-lubricant-additives?lang=en

Included below:The most important functions of lubricants are reducing friction and wear, transporting heat and energy and protecting materials against corrosion. These properties are ensured by a balanced formulation of additives and base oils.

About Lubricant Additives

Under the brand name Additin®, the Lubricants Additive Business Line offers a comprehensive product line of additives and additive packages for industrial lubricants and greases.

Lubricants and lubricating greases are complex functional elements for use in the most varied applications in industry and transportation.

Examples of applications are metal working fluids in component production for the automotive industry, gear and hydraulic oils for the operation of construction machinery and rolling oils for steel production.

The most important functions of lubricants are reducing friction and wear, transporting heat and energy and protecting materials against corrosion. These properties are ensured by a balanced formulation of additives and base oils. In addition to constantly rising demands on the performance and energy efficiency of additives, environmental compatibility and biodegradability play an ever more important role.

In addition to single additives, ready-formulated additive packages play an important role for end customers. With these high-tech products, the Business Line offers their customers the certainty of being able to cover all technical requirements of the most important international standards and specifications with one single additive package.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:28:34 AM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »

http://www.rheinchemie.com/products/lubricants-2/anti-wear-additives?lang=en

Effective prevention of mechanical wear .... Show less

Phosphorus based products of the Additin® AW range offer a flexible chemistry for a wide variety of solutions:

thermal and hydrolytic stability in hindered Trialkylphosphates
truly multifunctional effect due to Dithiophosphates
balancing AW performance and corrosion through the use of Amine phosphates
an extra performance bonus of EP/AW is the use of this additive as an FZG booster even at extremely low dosages

Application

Additin® AW additives are widely used in metalworking, high performance hydraulics, engines and a variety of other industrial applications. The advantages of Phosphorus additives are especially effective in medium to low stress boundary lubrication situations.
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2015, 10:08:42 AM »

http://www.rheinchemie.com/about-us/who-we-are?lang=en

Who we are

Rhein Chemie Additives, a Business Unit of the specialty chemicals  Group LANXESS, is driving customer success through premium solutions for the plastic, rubber, lubricant and paint industries based on long-term expertise, innovation, tailor-made products and services as well as integrated process solutions.

With sustainability, care for people and worldwide competence, Rhein Chemie Additives enhances the performance of its customers and enables a world in motion.

Fast facts

LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
Business Unit Rhein Chemie Additves

Headquarters: Cologne, Germany
Head of Business Unit: Dr. Anno Borkowsky
Employees worldwide: approx. 1,600
Business Lines: Plastic Additives, Rubber Additives, Lubricant Additives, Colorant Additives
Certificates: DIN ISO 9001, DIN EN ISO 14001, DIN ISO 50001

Production sites:
• Mannheim, Germany
• Krefeld-Uerdingen, Germany
• Leverkusen, Germany
• Antwerp, Belgium
• Epierre, France
• Chardon, Ohio, USA
• Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
• Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
• Porto Feliz, Brazil
• Jhagadia, India
• Qingdao, PR China
• Toyohashi, Japan
• Burzaco/Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Merlo, Argentina
• Lipetsk, Russia
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 10:18:31 AM »

NEED AN ASPIRIN YET ?.......LANXESS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanxess

LANXESS Aktiengesellschaft is a specialty chemicals group[2] based in Cologne, Germany. The group was founded in 2004 with the spin-off of the chemicals division and parts of the polymers segment from Bayer AG. The core business of LANXESS lies in the development, manufacturing and marketing of plastics, rubber, intermediates and specialty chemicals. LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good Index. LANXESS is the ninth largest chemicals group in Germany in terms of sales. Shares in LANXESS AG have been listed in Germany’s DAX since September 24, 2012.

Revenue    €8.300 billion

Number of employees  17,343
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »

Once again, just amazing stamina...   ???

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »

GENTLEMEN & LADIES,

Please accept my sincere apologies, for I now realize what I have done by creating this thread.

Several years ago someone brought to my attention  that new Motor Vehicle dealerships make
their money on the back end through the service department, Not as I thought through the sales
of their vehicles.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

Believe me when I say this because, I do not want to be the catalyst/vehicle that brings about the
eventual collapse of Harley-Davidson due to the lack of customers bringing in their Bikes for
mechanical failures due to the widespread use of the (nameless) product that cannot be deleted
from this forum.

Sincerely/Respectfully,

Jack D Herman
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:22:41 AM by Jack »
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

ok

(at least he was finally persuasive there at the end)

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 05:15:39 PM »

I really hate to perpetuate a thread like this, but I'm really curious how it's not been locked yet?
Big Lew
IBA #595

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »

I really hate to perpetuate a thread like this, but I'm really curious how it's not been locked yet?

Politics is forbidden.  Masturbation is ok.  It's in the rules.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »

Naitram and the moderators are not responsible for the mental status of the members.  If they were, a lot of us would have our posts deleted and threads locked all the time.  I'd have to find something else to do during the day.

When you encounter someone trying to be a butthead by making post after post of no value, just do what I do.  Let them add about a half dozen posts before you take a look to see if they have finally said anything worth reading.  Saves a lot of clicking. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 02:05:54 PM »

Naitram and the moderators are not responsible for the mental status of the members.  If they were, a lot of us would have our posts deleted and threads locked all the time.  I'd have to find something else to do during the day.

When you encounter someone trying to be a butthead by making post after post of no value, just do what I do.  Let them add about a half dozen posts before you take a look to see if they have finally said anything worth reading.  Saves a lot of clicking. 

Jerry

Well Thank You Jerry.  I appreciate that comment. 

There are a lot of people who Do read what I post and understand what is in front
of them.

With the Evidence I have presented in this thread which has few words of my own,
those who can Read can make a serious decision of their own.

Not "Buttheads" making  post after post of no value making a decision for their own.

FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »

There are a lot of people who Do read what I post

I wouldn't count on that...   :nixweiss:

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »

This is only part of the page above, written by a Professional in the Business:

Motorkote is a pure synthetic concentrated additive, not diluted with regular motor oil and comes with complete application guidelines on the bottle when most of the other products are a little unclear. Motorkote can be used any place oil or grease is used including hydraulics and two & four-stroke engines, firearms, and air compressors, and fishing equipment. The bottle says "This One Really Works!" and they are right. It was by far the most lubricating additive I could find. It works with polymer adherent compounds and bonds to all moving parts and lasts up to 50,000 miles. Motorkote treats the engine via oil. By bonding to the moving parts it protects on start-ups and idling, when oil pressure is low and at full throttle. When added to any oil it increases the weld point of any organic or synthetic oil.

When choosing the oil that is right for you there are many aspects to look at when deciding; organic or synthetic, blended or full synthetic, grade, driving climate, city / highway or off road. Keep in mind that a synthetic blend can have as little as 10 to 20 percent synthetic in it and still is called a blend. You must check with the manufacture to find out exactly the percentage of synthetic in your oil.

Summary

Everybody is concerned with protecting the equipment and keeping it running economically and in peak performance. If we all can agree that the cleaner/newer the oil, the higher the viscosity and total oil base number, and the lower the oil oxidation, soot loading and wear metals. Compiled with the lower chance of coolant, dirt, fuel, and water contamination. Therefore better lubrication with lower risk of damage and wear to your PSD. It might be more expensive in labor to change your oil more frequently but if you use the least expensive manufacture "certified" oil with the Motorkote additive your total maintenance cost will be lower than the price of the synthetics with hope of longer drain intervals. But, extended oil drains intervals are another article.

When you look at just the numbers and take out the hype you can make an informed decision and lubricate according to your specific need and driving situation. If you're like me, you want your PSD to last a long time and perform at its best every time. If seeing is believing, after using a bearing tester on your favorite high dollar synthetic and just an off-the-self organic, you too should question the lubricity of all your oils when compared to price. I hope this article has shed some light on the subject and helps you make an informed decision.
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 09:48:09 AM »

http://www.rheinchemie.com/lubricant-oil-additives/test-methods?lang=en

Test Methods

Individual expertise and laboratory tests
Our lubricant oil additive R&D laboratory is core to our additive and application development. It features most of the standardized industrial lubricant test methods and is run by knowledgable and experienced staff. Our facilities are available to customers as appropriate which reflects the customer service orientation of Rhein

Rhein Chemie offers a broad range of individual services and expert advice on applications and testing:
generating supporting test data in customer base fluids
developing customized additive solutions and formulations
optimizing additive selection to meet specific targets
Test equipment and methods

High demands and complex properties characterise today’s lubricants. Additives and lubricants are used on an increasingly demanding level. This level is achieved and constantly improved upon by modern test technology. The test technology of Rhein Chemie is based on test units and methods complying with national and international standards.

Only appropriate test methods, tests performed with precision and careful assessment of the results lead to the knowledge which makes further development of modern additives and lub- ricants possible. Safeguarding a constant, high quality is becoming more and more impor- tant. Here, too, the correct choice and implementation of suitable tests play a decisive role.

Our test equipment and methods
EP / AW test equipment

Oxidation test methods

Corrosion test methods

Physical laboratory test methods

Analysis apparatus

Field tests

In practice the tribological systems are much more complex and therefore cannot be reproduced on a laboratory test rig. Instead of focusing on only one or two distinct parameters, a lubricant has to provide a variety of features such as extreme pressure, antiwear, boundary lubrication, film forming properties etc. Because of this complexity, correlation between laboratory testing and field results is difficult.

Laboratory tests are in most cases the only chance to obtain information about the performance of an additive, because end users are reluctant to use their metal working machines for trials. To overcome this problem, Rhein Chemie works very close together with large Technical Institutes and Universities to obtain field test results on different metalworking operations.

Our field tests
Finish turnig of aluminium

Broaching

Milling

Pressing-in / Forming / Precision Cutting
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 10:06:11 AM »

Based on the information that has been uncovered in this Thread and site windows
to follow the progression, RHEIN CHEMIE ownes the company that produces MOTORKOTE.

RHINE CHEMIE is owned by LANXESS AG, which in turn is owned by BAYER AG:

LANXESS AG
Type
Aktiengesellschaft (Public)
Traded as   FWB: LXS
Industry   Chemicals
Predecessor   Bayer AG
Founded   July 1, 2004
Headquarters   Cologne, Germany
Key people
Matthias Zachert (CEO and Chairman of the Board of Management)
Rolf Stomberg (Chairman of the Supervisory Board)
Products   polymers, intermediates and Specialty chemicals
Revenue   Decrease €8.300 billion (2013)[1]
EBITDA (pre-exceptional items):
€735 billion (2013)[1]
Operating income
Decrease €93 million (2013)[1]
Net income
Decrease €-159 million (2013)[1]
Number of employees
17,343 (2013)[1]
Website   www.lanxess.com

Bayer AG
Bayer Logo.svg
Type
Aktiengesellschaft
Traded as   FWB: BAYN
Industry   Pharmaceuticals, chemicals
Founded   August 1, 1863[1]
Founder   Friedrich Bayer, Johann Friedrich Weskott
Headquarters   Leverkusen, Germany
Key people
Marijn Dekkers (CEO), Werner Wenning (Chairman of the supervisory board)
Products   Veterinary drugs, diagnostic imaging, general and specialty medicines, women's health products, over-the-counter drugs, diabetes care, pesticides, plant biotechnology, polymers, coatings, adhesives
Revenue   Increase €39.76 billion (2012)[2]
Operating income
Increase €3.960 billion (2012)[2]
Profit   Increase €2.446 billion (2012)[2]
Total assets   Increase €51.34 billion (end 2012)[2]
Total equity   Increase €18.57 billion (end 2012)[2]
Number of employees
110,500 (FTE, 2012)[2]
Subsidiaries   Bayer MaterialScience, Bayer Corporation, Bayer Schering Pharma, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Bayer CropScience
Website   www.bayer.com
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »

This thread should be deleted along with the poster. This is not what the site is about and have not seen this tolerated in the past.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »

This thread should be deleted along with the poster. This is not what the site is about and have not seen this tolerated in the past.

I absolutely agree !

When I first became a member of this Forum, there were elements of helping one another out,
no matter what the problem.  A lot was learned.  Then again  we go back to my $5000 challenge
and it has been proven that all I posted came to be facts substantiated by owners of the same
bike I was posting about.  NO one has ever apologized for the BS that was thrown at me.

Then came the little boys who wanted to become part of it, that never owned a CVO but created
an Identity so they wouldn't be left out in the cold.

I left for a while, jumped in a couple of times, but came back to share one of the biggest secrets
out there yet to be discovered by the mass's.

Noticed the other day one of my old friends here was away for a couple of years as well.

Today, all there are that want to respond is once again BS without the slightest impulse of gaining
some information that just might make all the difference in the World for some people.  But NO
you people who want to shove BS around shouldn't be given the decency to discover an amazing
product.

I am Not the one sticking my NECK out, but all of you BS's have presented yourselves once again.

I am here for that silent majority, those who will take the time and learn that a product out there
is waiting for them to discover as my local friends have, The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread.

You hijacked this thread when I really wanted it to stay in the Springer section where we helped
each other.

The Funny Part, I really want some of you to never use It !   :huepfenjump3:

FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »

P.S.  I'd be worried too, if I had stock in the MotorCo......
FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Jack

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »

http://www.mrmotorkote.com/#/about/

ABOUT

Ed “Mr. MotorKote” Gibbs

Hello, I am Ed “Mr. MotorKote” Gibbs, the voice of MotorKote Hyper Lubricant. I can be heard on multiple radio stations including  WLW 700 Cincinnati, WJR Detroit, Midnight Trucker, Red Eye Radio, WSM Nashville and a large list of syndicated stations and several Satellite radio stations.  I am car enthusiast and racing is my passion.

Please check out our products at www.motorkote.com , If you have technical questions, drop me a line.

A little background on MotorKote:

MotorKote was developed in 1992, by a PHD research scientist at Michigan State University, MotorKote is a super friction reducing lubricant. MotorKote is a revolutionary product with an extremely loyal following in the trucking, farming and racing industry and growing everyday. MotorKote fans are seeing the benefits in many agricultural, marine, smaller engine, and every day applications as well.

Into Great Brands, Inc. purchased MotorKote in 2003 and the brand has more than tripled in size. Though the packaging and logo have been updated the same outperforming friction reducing product has remained the same. Today, MotorKote products are sold all across America and in over a dozen countries. The product stands out from the competition because it works!

FXSTSSE
10mm SE plug wires
93 Octane
(7059-G) ft
(7196-G) rr
H-D Crash Bar

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »

Can it grow hair?   :huepfenlol2:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2015, 01:26:15 PM »

On your palms! :drummer:
Big Lew
IBA #595

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

:-\

It does.  But there is the important question of where he (since Jack is only one to actually use this stuff he's the only one to benefit) gains the hair.  Fortunately there is no mystery.  One of the great haiku masters, the renowned Japanese haiku artist Shinzo Twolaniguchi (san) put this in to haiku centuries ago.  The great prose lives on to this day.

Motorkote self love
Friction modifier hand
Jack's fuzzy palm curly

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »

Thanks Don but I am in need of it on my head not palms.  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »

:oops:

Want to see how to get a thread locked? Talk about NASCAR or The Battle Flag.
Remember Rule of Posting # 10.
Not that I would ever do that, But!
 ;D
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »

Unfortunately just being a moron isn't cause for being banned, as best I can tell.  I think I'm going to fire up the old Google and see how many advertisements and "glowing reviews" I can copy and then paste into a thread about hemorrhoids and hemorrhoid treatments, followed by another thread about magic spark plugs, and then another about magic fuel economy improvers.  If nothing else, maybe we can find a good treatment for a PITA in that hemorrhoid thread.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »

Unfortunately just being a moron isn't cause for being banned, as best I can tell.  I think I'm going to fire up the old Google and see how many advertisements and "glowing reviews" I can copy and then paste into a thread about hemorrhoids and hemorrhoid treatments, followed by another thread about magic spark plugs, and then another about magic fuel economy improvers.  If nothing else, maybe we can find a good treatment for a PITA in that hemorrhoid thread.

Jerry

I'm certain Motorkote treats hemorrhoids.  So it should all be in this same thread Jerry.

Or maybe Motorkote causes rather than treats them?  I get confused on this stuff since no one can keep track of all the miracles it bestows.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »

I think Mr. Meoff, the originator of this thread, may have too much time on his hands and blisters somewhere else. Or his TV may be broken and he can't watch his favorite show, The View!
He'll stop when the TV is fixed.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2015, 04:39:50 PM »

;D
Mike

I believe that Motorkote, if air dropped in great volume from a sprayer affixed Antonov 124 (max payload 170 short tons) in orbit over Tehran would bring a renaissance of culture that would spread throughout the region.  The application would begin the end of radicalism and lay the foundations for peace in our time.  Motorkote, due to is friction reducing properties, would end the hostilities between men; everywhere.  Everywhere, that is, except for NASCAR venues and inside the United States Congress.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2015, 05:33:15 PM »

I think Mr. Meoff, the originator of this thread, may have too much time on his hands and blisters somewhere else. Or his TV may be broken and he can't watch his favorite show, The View!
He'll stop when the TV is fixed.
Mike

Paging Mr. Meoff........Paging Mr. Jack........     :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2015, 10:14:45 AM »

Anyone here in favor of me sending Jack a case of Red Bull?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »

so i got some of this MOTORKOTE and gave it a try,,, in all three holes...not bad stuff but my oh lady says it tastes bad  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2015, 11:58:58 PM »

Paging Mr. Meoff........Paging Mr. Jack........     :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:

Jack appears to be... off.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2015, 12:07:16 AM »

so i got some of this MOTORKOTE and gave it a try,,, in all three holes...not bad stuff but my oh lady says it tastes bad  :nixweiss:

I went to a gig with some Air Force blue suits today.  Told them all about this stuff.  Rubbing a quart of this stuff on an ICBM will bring the CEP down to the size of a squirrel's penis.  Squirt it on the wing flaps of a B52 and it'll fly vertical; for hours.  Put in the feeder dish for Rocky the Flying the Squirrel and that little chit could carpet bomb the DPRK.  Truly amazing stuff.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »

I gave 3 ounces to an old mule across the road, He drank it then proceeded to fertilize the whole 40 acre field he was in. Only took about 15 minuets to start working and the whole field was organically fertilized in 20 minuets more. Great stuff, thanks Mr Meoff.
Mike

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »

I gave 3 ounces to an old mule across the road, He drank it then proceeded to fertilize the whole 40 acre field he was in. Only took about 15 minuets to start working and the whole field was organically fertilized in 20 minuets more. Great stuff, thanks Mr Meoff.
Mike

I can't believe we dismissed this product so casually Mike.  So callous, so wrong.

I had a flat tire today and was in a hurry.  Took out a little spritzer and just sprayed it on the outside of the tire.  My cage suddenly became a tracked vehicle.  I tried a little as a cologne.  Threesome.  With girls!  Squirted a little on the power cord to my monitor and the cord pulsed and shook like an elephants penis when he's "happy" then the stuff ran through the power grid, down the main lines, through the poles, in to the ground and the US oil reserve suddenly increased by 275 billion trillion barrels (btb's).

And I've still got over half my pint remaining.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »

I tried it on my head and went outside and in this heat started to sweat.  Not sure what to do now.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2015, 06:55:21 PM »

I tried it on my head and went outside and in this heat started to sweat.  Not sure what to do now.

Anything this powerful you just have to be careful with.  It can NOT be used indiscriminately.  For gawd's sake I sprayed some on a vendor then looked up Mother Theresa on Wiki and she now looked like an old wrench working on bikes.  Seriously, I could stand to re-grow some hair.  But I'm not taking the risk of a poor application.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2015, 07:03:33 PM »

I guess jack was right it soaks into the base material and spreads. :huepfenlol2:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2015, 07:17:23 PM »

I guess jack was right it soaks into the base material and spreads. :huepfenlol2:

If Mike Tyson had taken even a small drink of Motorkote Evander Hollyfield's ear would now be the size of Alaska.... 

If Dood ever put even one drop of Motorkote on his computer mouse every thread of every site anywhere in the world would suddenly move to a new location.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »

So, aside from the annoying repeated posts from the OP, has anyone tried it or heard of it or know someone who has? Just because his repeated post are annoying to most everyone doesn't mean the product doesn't work. Or are we all that far down the MOCO rabbit hole?   :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »

So, aside from the annoying repeated posts from the OP, has anyone tried it or heard of it or know someone who has? Just because his repeated post are annoying to most everyone doesn't mean the product doesn't work. Or are we all that far down the MOCO rabbit hole?   :drink:

I'm sorry Rob, it never occurred to me to actually really try the stuff.  My bad.  All the (badly done) infomercialposts to begin with were enough to convince me if someone felt the need to pitch it that hard the product must be bupkus in real life.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »

I'm sorry Rob, it never occurred to me to actually really try the stuff.  My bad.  All the (badly done) infomercialposts to begin with were enough to convince me if someone felt the need to pitch it that hard the product must be bupkus in real life.

Understood Don. The first video seemed to give it merit (I didn't watch the 2nd) so I thought I'd ask. Hate for us all to miss the greatest thing since sliced bread...  :P

EDIT: maybe you can get some and change my oil on the way back from Sturgis!!!  :huepfenjump3:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2015, 08:33:27 PM »

Understood Don. The first video seemed to give it merit (I didn't watch the 2nd) so I thought I'd ask. Hate for us all to miss the greatest thing since sliced bread...  :P

EDIT: maybe you can get some and change my oil on the way back from Sturgis!!!  :huepfenjump3:

If having a little SnakeOyl or cold beverage on hand is all it takes for a stopover on your way home consider it done.   :2vrolijk_21:

You know you're always welcome and there's always room in the shop or just a spare room for travelers.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

I Google'd this stuff and way down in the very fine extra small, almost invisible print, under a semi-colon I found a disclaimer.
" Use Playtex gloves when using this product. Side effects include : The growing of little green hairs on the palm and back of the hand if the product contacts the skin on your hand. Not for internal or external use on or in the human body. If contact of the skin with this product occurs, notify the EPA, the Emergency Hazmat Response Unit in your area, and call your local Fire and Police Departments for safe passage to the nearest  Hospital. Do not inhale the vapors and only use in a well ventilated area to avoid risk of death or worse!"
Seams like good chit to me.
Mike

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2015, 10:46:34 PM »

;D
Mike
I remember!! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »

does motorkote replace kryptonite!! ???

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »

I remember my first direct experience with one of the early oil additives that also promised great and wonderful things, and you may have heard of that one.  It was called STP.  In a fuels and lubricants class we did a little experiment with that product that showed why believing the ads and just throwing additives into your motor oil might not be a great idea.  We took a measured amount of motor oil in a beaker, checked the viscosity at the standard temps of 0°C and 100°C, then added the STP in the ratio called for on the can, and tried to run the viscosity tests again.  At 100°C the thickening agents did in fact increase viscosity as you would expect.  At 0°C we were unable to run a viscosity test, since the oil/STP mixture had turned into a lump that wouldn't flow at all.  As we cooled the mixture in an ice bath while stirring, we reached a point where we could no longer stir the mixture, and we could pick the beaker up with the stirring rod.  Guess how great that would work in your car on a cold winter morning.

My point is that unless you're a scientist with a very good understanding of the chemistry and the requirements and operating conditions, it's probably better to leave the blending of your motor oil to the experts.  If this or any other additive was really even half as good as the adds claim, I'm quite certain at least one or two of the motor oil companies would incorporate it in their product from the git-go, since the business is rather competitive.  Other companies that offer similar snake oil have been successfully sued over the years for false advertising, like Slick 50 for instance, and I wouldn't be surprised if this Motorkote product becomes popular enough to come to the attention of the FTC that it wouldn't be another pelt added to the belt of an FTC lawyer.

Jerry

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »

Seems like somebody, somewhere, would someday actually make snake oil out of actual snakes, & then sell & publicize that.   :nixweiss: 

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.  Also, I have won the Australian Lottery 8 times without even buying a ticket & have about $500,000 on deposit in Bank SA Nairobi of in all honorable truth US monies & it is mine if I send a good faith cashiers check to verify the amount & pay the customary transfer fees of all due haste. 

Q:  Why are most people's golf games like masturbation?

A: Both can be a lot of fun, but nobody wants to watch either one.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »

That's a good point Jerry. That would be an even better video.... Mix the oil and the additive together and THEN apply it to the 300 pound test. Wonder why they didn't do that?

Rob

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »

Despite all the amazing things and wonderful enhancements we have discovered that can come from Motorkote there has begun to be a backlash.  Apparently some have used it to gain an unfair advantage.  Society's response was so outraged that vigilantes went all Nathaniel Hawthorne on their asses.  Puritan justice is the worst.

It's not like we never suspected though.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »

....and the scandal spread.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 03:24:54 PM »

Then it jumped from the realm of sports to politics!  Oh my.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »

Finally even the mainstream media couldn't avoid the story when the scandal reached the White House itself.  Seems Mrs. Potus was a fan of the "enhancements" but the citizenry revolted!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2015, 03:28:18 PM »

Then, finally, with a great hue and cry even what was supposedly divine creation was proved to be not above the scandal....   and the nation wept.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »

Oh My!!!!
 :o ::) ???
Mike

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »

Oh My!!!!
 :o ::) ???
Mike
hey hey!! you been warned and locked already. watch it!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »

While on a recent vacation to Great Britain I was touring an old castle that had a rock with a large knife sticking from it. The blade was a little rusty.  I suddenly remembered my dropper bottle of Motorkote and placed one single drop at the top of the blade and when it ran down to the rock the knife fell to the ground. When I picked it up, they made me King of England.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »

Okay now I'm gonna buy just because....  :drink:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2015, 09:18:06 PM »

Okay now I'm gonna buy just because....  :drink:

Welllll, I'm already King, sooooooo

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2015, 09:23:38 PM »

I first came in contact with MotorKote when I was 13. I touched it and instantly grew a mustache and became a navy seal. My Mom fainted and Dad handed me a beer. I was born a girl.......

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2015, 11:25:12 PM »

Sounds like the White House could use a case.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2015, 01:44:13 AM »

"I invented Motorcote & it is the reason I have won 12 races in each of the past 10 seasons of NASCAR, and I can spin around 167% quicker in my anchor chair than any news anchor in recorded history."

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2015, 01:55:22 AM »

While on a recent vacation to Great Britain I was touring an old castle that had a rock with a large knife sticking from it. The blade was a little rusty.  I suddenly remembered my dropper bottle of Motorkote and placed one single drop at the top of the blade and when it ran down to the rock the knife fell to the ground. When I picked it up, they made me King of England.

When I was in England years ago I accidently spilled a drop of Motorcote on the tip of my large knife & it fell into a rock so far I thought it disappeared. The natives immediately began to pelt me with dead squirrels, so I never retrieved it.  Can I have my knife back?  You can still be King & all, since you probably have not used up all the business cards you have printed.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2015, 07:58:06 AM »

I remember my first direct experience with one of the early oil additives that also promised great and wonderful things, and you may have heard of that one.  It was called STP.  In a fuels and lubricants class we did a little experiment with that product that showed why believing the ads and just throwing additives into your motor oil might not be a great idea.  We took a measured amount of motor oil in a beaker, checked the viscosity at the standard temps of 0°C and 100°C, then added the STP in the ratio called for on the can, and tried to run the viscosity tests again.  At 100°C the thickening agents did in fact increase viscosity as you would expect.  At 0°C we were unable to run a viscosity test, since the oil/STP mixture had turned into a lump that wouldn't flow at all.  As we cooled the mixture in an ice bath while stirring, we reached a point where we could no longer stir the mixture, and we could pick the beaker up with the stirring rod.  Guess how great that would work in your car on a cold winter morning.

My point is that unless you're a scientist with a very good understanding of the chemistry and the requirements and operating conditions, it's probably better to leave the blending of your motor oil to the experts.  If this or any other additive was really even half as good as the adds claim, I'm quite certain at least one or two of the motor oil companies would incorporate it in their product from the git-go, since the business is rather competitive.  Other companies that offer similar snake oil have been successfully sued over the years for false advertising, like Slick 50 for instance, and I wouldn't be surprised if this Motorkote product becomes popular enough to come to the attention of the FTC that it wouldn't be another pelt added to the belt of an FTC lawyer.

Jerry
Wow.  Best post ever! :2vrolijk_21:

Well, not really.  It's the most logical, well thought out, reasonable and helpful post ever on a forum.  Because if everyone evaluated products as Jerry did here we'd have a lot stupid eliminated pretty quick.  Some other areas could use that kind of thought too.

But lets face it... It can't really be the best post.  None of us can ever out pithy Don.  :D  ;D It has to pithier to be best.  And Jim got be King of England.  Getting to be king might help.  To tell the truth from the hair regrown, knives returned, boobs enhanced, presidents elected, and balls batted (Bonds, not masturbation...sheesh) you guys have spouted more miracles caused by snake oil then I've heard since Catholic School.  (Other than the OPs stuff of course).  So they might have to be the more bestest too.

OK, seriously.  Thanks Jerry!  We really need more people who think that way.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »

Are you refuting the anecdotal evidence of miracles? Didn't you read the peer reviewed journal publications in MotorKote Monthly?

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2015, 10:03:36 AM »

When I was in England years ago I accidently spilled a drop of Motorcote on the tip of my large knife & it fell into a rock so far I thought it disappeared. The natives immediately began to pelt me with dead squirrels, so I never retrieved it.  Can I have my knife back?  You can still be King & all, since you probably have not used up all the business cards you have printed.

I'm thinking you were pelted for using MotorKote as a sexual lubricant on a rock. For whatever reason, Brits are particularly prudish on that.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »

I'm thinking you were pelted for using MotorKote as a sexual lubricant on a rock. For whatever reason, Brits are particularly prudish on that.

Actually we were lining up some big weird rock fomations  using 3 drops of Motorcote on each rock, to line them up so we could push them over like dominoes.  Sign said Stone Hinge, we looked for the hinges but couldn't find any.  The locals were pissed when their rocks fell on their squirrels.  No sex with the rocks, because no condoms. 

You can keep the knife.  I took a bath in Motorcote & now can cut steaks or solid steel doors with just my fingernails.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »

Jerry

Where can I get magic spark plugs?

And remember when there was a coin in the bottom of a STP can?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2015, 01:55:24 PM »

MotorKote is a miracle tonic for sure. It has the power to bring the squirrels out of hiding and to the magical oil thread. Now I not saying this MotorKote stuff is good or bad, but I did see some sprinkled on a pile of Unicorn poop and out of nowhere six Unicorns arose and took off flying around and spreading sparkles as they flew. It was totally amazing and then I realized I left my camera at home and my phone battery was dead, thus no pictures to post. But it really, really, really did happen...... HONEST!
Mike

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2015, 03:40:02 PM »

MotorKote is a miracle tonic for sure. It has the power to bring the squirrels out of hiding and to the magical oil thread. Now I not saying this MotorKote stuff is good or bad, but I did see some sprinkled on a pile of Unicorn poop and out of nowhere six Unicorns arose and took off flying around and spreading sparkles as they flew. It was totally amazing and then I realized I left my camera at home and my phone battery was dead, thus no pictures to post. But it really, really, really did happen...... HONEST!
Mike

I saw the same exact thing, & my phone battery was also dead & yes it really happened.  Also read on the internet that the secret ingredient in Motorcote is a drop of Chuck Norris sweat.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2015, 04:23:21 PM »

I saw the same exact thing, & my phone battery was also dead & yes it really happened.  Also read on the internet that the secret ingredient in Motorcote is a drop of Chuck Norris sweat.

Well if you read it on the internet, it has to be true!
I hate dead phone batteries!  >:(
Mike

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »

if you put a drop of mk on your phone battery, it would rejuvenate it's charge and give you a stronger signal. 
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2015, 04:50:33 PM »

We finally know the secret through deductive reasoning and fantasy. I don't know why Chuck Norris' sweat and Unicorn sparkles were not on the original list of ingredients.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »

We finally know the secret through deductive reasoning and fantasy. I don't know why Chuck Norris' sweat and Unicorn sparkles were not on the original list of ingredients.

There was nowhere near enough information in the original posts in the thread.   :beatdeadhorse:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2015, 07:29:06 PM »

Mike

As long as someone else second hand reported to you of some other person's dyno tuning of your battery after it was sprinkled on by the Unicorn droppings the whole thing is absolutely trustworthy  :2vrolijk_21: .

If the Unicorns had only ingested a little Motorkote before the droppings dropped your battery would have lasted until the even bigger bang that end everything that started with the first very large bang.  But, alas, science (and moderators) have already proven that if a Unicorn even tastes Motorkote it's rainbow tail will grow a brazillion times and the poor animals will actually leave the earth's atmosphere in a ballistic trajectory.  Finding the early natural deposits of Motorkote in Unicorn land is what happened to the Unicorn population after all (so sad).  That's why there aren't any Unicorns remaining.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2015, 07:29:54 PM »

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »

NEED SOME HELP...never should have tried this stuff, my girl and i have a boat load of symptoms/conditions...are there any known antidotes for the side affects of, well, ummm, you read my earlier post    :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

You guys, please quit picking on Jack.  He might be a little eccentric and even passionate over this but most all of us have some weird, strange behaviors.  Jack is really a good guy that served us as a Marine in Vietnam and has gotten older and with that, just maybe a little more eccentric.  He's been here on this site since 2007 when he bought his springer.  I might not always agree with what he has to say and might even think of him as being a bit crazy but I do respect his right to his opinions.  I know that may be hard to understand for some of you but just wait until you start talking to yourself too.  Hang in there Jack.
Jesus is Lord

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »

NEED SOME HELP...never should have tried this stuff, my girl and i have a boat load of symptoms/conditions...are there any known antidotes for the side affects of, well, ummm, you read my earlier post    :nixweiss:

Oh my god, you had a... um... er... oh my....  a "motorkote reaction" that "lasted more than four hours" didn't you?  You poor bastard.  It says right on the bottle not to use it topically for that.  You might as well settle in with an ice pack.  It could be weeks.  So so sorry :bigcry: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2015, 09:35:32 PM »

You guys, please quit picking on Jack.  He might be a little eccentric and even passionate over this but most all of us have some weird, strange behaviors.  Jack is really a good guy that served us as a Marine in Vietnam and has gotten older and with that, just maybe a little more eccentric.  He's been here on this site since 2007 when he bought his springer.  I might not always agree with what he has to say and might even think of him as being a bit crazy but I do respect his right to his opinions.  I know that may be hard to understand for some of you but just wait until you start talking to yourself too.  Hang in there Jack.

Absolutely no one is suggesting Jack can't join the fun.  He is certainly thanked for the entertainment he's allowed.  There is no better sport than one who joins the fun happily and good naturedly even when it started at his expense.  Like everyone else here Jack is welcomed to hang with the guys and gals.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2015, 11:39:33 PM »

We could always compare MotorKote to Roy's Root Oil which has been around since 1960 and was used extensively by NASA in project Mercury. NASA used it to coat the inside of the rocket engines prior to final assembly to keep them from rusting while sitting on the launch pad down in Cape Canaveral. The close proximity to the ocean reeked havoc on the untreated metals. This too was mocked by the masses of non educated rocket scientist. Just something to ponder!
Oh and it was also the forerunner of K-Y jelly.
Mike

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2015, 11:01:01 AM »

Actually we were lining up some big weird rock fomations  using 3 drops of Motorcote on each rock, to line them up so we could push them over like dominoes.  Sign said Stone Hinge, we looked for the hinges but couldn't find any.  The locals were pissed when their rocks fell on their squirrels.  No sex with the rocks, because no condoms. 

You can keep the knife.  I took a bath in Motorcote & now can cut steaks or solid steel doors with just my fingernails.

MotorKote in solid form is often confused with butter and is able to spontaneously morph into formations.  And I kept the knife.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »

MotorKote in solid form is often confused with butter and is able to spontaneously morph into formations.  And I kept the knife.

Ok, the knife was waxed with Glare polish BTW.

I looked again.  Not a single hinge.  You are the King of England, change the damn sign or add at least 1 hinge.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »

I have switched to Motorkote

bacon lube getting old

Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2015, 03:58:46 PM »

Motorkote replaced my blinker fluid also
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »

Motokote has multi uses.....
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »

Mom did not not know about Motorkote
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2015, 04:04:02 PM »

Rocky horror Motorkote

Formally FLHTCUSE3

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:04 AM »

Boyz, I hope I never invent a cutting edge product and have to introduce it to youse guyz.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:23 AM »

Boyz, I hope I never invent a cutting edge product and have to introduce it to youse guyz.

Some (several actually) new things have been met well by this crowd.  Others; not so much.  Depends on the product and the presentation.

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »

And if this thread had introduced anything cutting edge, it wouldn't have turned out this way either.  :D ;D

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2015, 12:13:51 PM »

"CUTTING EDGE IMPLIES THIS ACTUALLY WORKS"

I would look at it this way.

First, I do not buy into conspiracy theories, like OEM manufactures would not be interested because it has the ability to decrease sales due to longer lasting products.

OEM's are always looking for ways to increase longevity, reliability and decrease costs, this is a constant.

They would do a cost benefit analysis on the product if they really believed this snake oil worked.

Yes, there would likely be a delay in this procedure unless something brought it to their attention. (this is not their first rodeo)

lets say there was a benefit they could prove, then they measure the cost of the benefit to see if it translates into something meaningful. (like an engines life would be extended)

Great products are seldom overlooked forever. (sometimes short term)

A product that fixes a problem that is generally not considered a problem is of little value.

That also doesn't mean that Motorkote has no value, it may just be small enough that it is irrelevant.

That is what I believe.

You just cannot sell me Spanish fly without some reservations.

Formally FLHTCUSE3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »

In a little known early use of Motorkote our own Neal Pressman added a one CC application of the product to a little website (dripped on a PC cooling fan) intended for a few guys with purple Road Kings then, vazooom, his hair never thinned (again) and the little purple Road King site became CVOHarley.com .   :apple:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2015, 12:51:45 PM »

You just cannot sell me Spanish fly without some reservations

Didn't come with Spanish fly though

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »

Spark plugs made of Gollygogogetium that fire hotter than hot to give you X more HP, Oils & Fuel additives that give you "X" more mpg because they are sliperrier than slippery, engines that ran on water in WWII or in the 1950s but the oil companies bought the patents to silence them, Waxes or Polishes that are miraculous like a new paint job but cost $50 for a small bottle - any bike or auto or truck forum has plenty of examples of this kind of stuff as well as those who will swear by it. Life on the internet is fun at times, more fun at others. 

Reading on the internet, where everything you read is true especially the stuff about the Flys of Spain....

After I switched to Single DNA Dinosaur oil, the rarest & most difficult to obtain of all the dino oils (because others are diluted/polluted with multiple DNAs), I found that for my needs the Pterodactyl variety in my engines is by far superior. It cuts wind drag by an amazing .002% coefficient, increases gas mileage by 4-15 mpg, & I only change oil when I can hear the faint scream of the ancient Pterydactyl verbal oil warning indicator that says it is time to change, & my blinker fluid is 3% clearer. Your results may vary.  Best use is when combined with 10,000 year old Genuine Leviathan Fish Polish, for a deeper than deep shine.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2015, 01:50:59 PM »

I came across a bottle of Victors Vanishing Cream ( formulated and manufactured by MotorKote ) and man this stuff really works. I put a little on my hands and they disappeared so I rubbed it all over  my body and I became invisible.Oh so you don't believe me? I may be standing next to you, but you can't see me. ;D
You should see the looks I get riding my bike, it's hilarious.
Wares off in 36 hours.
Mike

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2015, 02:49:50 PM »

I came across a bottle of Victors Vanishing Cream ( formulated and manufactured by MotorKote ) and man this stuff really works. I put a little on my hands and they disappeared so I rubbed it all over  my body and I became invisible.Oh so you don't believe me? I may be standing next to you, but you can't see me. ;D
You should see the looks I get riding my bike, it's hilarious.
Wares off in 36 hours.
Mike
I'm beginning to doubt some of these stories... I know you well enough to know if you were invisible you would be at the gym in the ladies locker room, not looking over my ugly old shoulder.  ;D

Well maybe the Motorkote isn't working for you but it seems the hollar nectar is doing just fine.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2015, 07:26:09 AM »

........or beating up a mime

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.497 seconds with 24 queries.