Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: Handling problem Ultra  (Read 1556 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Handling problem Ultra
« on: July 17, 2005, 03:09:24 PM »

Yeah, 'er uh, harleyd103,
 What kind of tires are you running?  What air pressure in front & rear?  Spoke wheels or mags?  What rear shocks?  I have some experience, but I need all the facts before I attempt to help you identify the problem.  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 05:24:05 PM »

I have seen neck bearings shot at 42000 miles. The bike was always washed at a high pressure car wash. A dirty bike is a happy bike.

I know it's off topic of CVO's but you guys are full of info and thought you might be able to help me with a problem on my 99 ultra, which by the way doesn't get rode much since I picked up my SEEG.
Here's the problem . At highway speeds it seems like your riding on grooved pavement, have changed tires ,checked bushings in swingarm and bearings in wheels dealer said it's checked alignment but and I know you will be shocked to here this but they somtimes LIE!!!!
Anythoughts would be appreciated..

I did say info not ####And I checked I wasn't riding on grooved pavement.....

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 08:40:18 PM »

MY 04 seeg had same sympton had cracked   head pipe and bracket( by trannie) .Dealer found problem  I would not have thought to check behind heat sheild or checked that bracket-AK

,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 10:01:05 PM »

I had a similar problem on my 02 Ultra Classic and it was due to the cupping on the front tire (bad wearing pattern) even thow it only had about 3,000 miles on the front tire.  I could not believe that what he was pointing out to me could cause what I was feeling in the handling.  Lesson learned, thow.  Had to buy another new tire.

They said that they thought the tire was either not balanced correctly or the weights had come off.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.